Major game changes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DUFFMAN

Bencher
Major changes have been proposed for the start of season 2013.

* 30 regular rounds so each team plays all teams twice, (Home & Away)
* 4 quarters of 15 or 20 minutes. (preference for the 15 to suit TV)
* Start season in February and Grand Final 2nd Sunday of October
* Each player to play a maximum of 25 regular rounds
* Main squad to increase from 25 to 32 players
* Increased player payments from increased TV revenue from the extra games

Read it in tommorrows newspaper i brought on the way home at a servo, Its not on there website yet, but i guess it will be sometime overnight

Son of Kevin Humphreys is behind all this but it is designed to please TV executives rather than make the game better in itself. Anyone who remembers the old Amco Cup will quickly say no to quarters. If you want a TV game, go to NFL and American football.

I fear the end of the gladatorial contest and the advent of a softened TV product, just to have more games and greater revenue.

Increasing squad from 25 to 32? You'd have to increase the salary cap big time.

If it is a TV product, TV should pay more. LOTS more !!That extra coin should be around two million net per club (and cap goes up by that exact amount).

With a longer season...it wouldn't leave much time for rep footy.

All the ideas are ****.

One positive, playing a 60 minute games would have Manly 1st or 2nd this year on the table, how many we lost in the last 15 minutes. 

DUFFMAN link said:
One positive, playing a 60 minute games would have Manly 1st or 2nd this year on the table, how many we lost in the last 15 minutes. 

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Very true!

15 Minute Quarters equates to shorter game time.

Have the players or fans been canvassed about this?

After all they are the ones playing the game not TV execs or business baraons that think they own the game.

I hate the idea of the game being played in quarters over 60mins. Keep it to 80mins of football but each team plays each other twice. Love the idea of extending the season.

I think that in the hotter months, playing quarter football (20 minutes each) is a necessity under our Australian weather conditions just to keep up the fluids.

also what about the time that takes for goal kicks, packing scrums etc
we would end up with 45 min of game time

Cut the sleeves off the jerseys
Wear #'s like 99,45,87
Wear helmets
8pts for a try
4pts for goals
20min sinbin
1hr halftime
22 players a side

Just leave the game alone FFS

Team P W L PD Pts