Major Announcement Tomorrow

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
voicefromthehill said:
Mitch said:
It sounds like the most plausible idea, with Ferris very passionate about the club, but I wouldn't be jumping the gun as yet.

Too be honest I don't really care for the idea of co-captains, Jamie Lyon was Dally M captain of the year (I think?!) so I don't think he needs a
sidekick.
Depends on the capacity he operates, if he is captain in waiting what better place to learn the trade than beside the Dally M CaptIn of the year. Maybe Killer doesn't feel up to the role any longer? All speculation

:idea: Then maybe we could have a vice captain (note: not to be confused with the bloke who organizes the entertainment on Mad Mondays:blush:).

We always seem to have a big announcement tomorrow that never eventuates into anything.

But I suppose it is the off-season so we should have fun.

^^ :p

A major announcement tomorrow about corporal punishment leads to general chaos in private schools.

The Manly Warringah Sea Eagles have announced a three-year community alliance with NSW’s largest, independent, health and drug education provider for school children – Life Education NSW.

This alliance will see the Sea Eagles’ staff and players support Life Education NSW as they deliver their messages to school children with respect to how they can make safer and healthier life choices.

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles CEO Joe Kelly said that Life Education has been performing an amazing role within schools for many years, primarily educating children to make positive and safe choices.

“Being a parent first and foremost, I have seen first hand the meaningful contribution that Life Education makes to our kids,” Mr Kelly said.

“The core messages delivered through the Life Education modules assist our children to reach their full potential and to be conscious of the importance of having a healthy and active lifestyle.

“Many of our players are Healthy Harold Graduates, having themselves participated in Life Education programs when they were at school. Now it is their turn as professional athletes to help the next generation learn the same important lessons Life Education taught them.

“Not only are our players themselves important role models in the community, but our Club as a whole, has a responsibility to use its influence to help promote the importance of staying active, eating healthily and making the right choices across a range of serious social matters that affect children in this modern age.”

The Sea Eagles will be bringing their highly successful Breakfast Club Program to the schools to help kick start the school day by combining some fun morning activities, educational games and a healthy breakfast for the children.

Life Education NSW programs will continue with the delivery of its programs through the well recognised Mobile Learning Centres. “There is more than 100 locations and close to 40,000 students within the Sydney catchment north of the Harbour Bridge. The presence of their local teams players, many of whom will be idols to these kids, will be a great boost in helping get the message of living a healthy, safe and informed life to as many students as possible” says CEO of Life Education NSW, Jay Bacik.

“To have a successful and highly regarded NRL Club in the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles on board and committed to helping us educate the youth within the local community schools is sensational,” Mr Bacik said.

“Keeping Aussie kids safe is a huge responsibility. Given the current environment and challenges our youth face around drugs and alcohol, now more than ever, being in partnership with the community is vital.”

Berkeley_Eagle said:
So DCE now has someone else with a big neck to contend with ?

brace_yourself_zps0fd11421.png

This is nice BUT in my opinion not a " major announcement ", that would be either a new major sponsor ( or long term upgrade to existing one) or the signing of the two halves .

Every press conference called so far has been " major" and really have been " minor "

Pedantic I know ( from me) but it's what I reckon!!

I guess it's to do with the complaint that we often see here that the community work the players do often gets over looked and you only see them playing up in the papers..
Would this thread have been at 4 pages if it was just a press release? It's theatrical.
Personally, I don't give a toss but if it helps bring sponsors on board, you have to do it.

A good look for the club to get involved with charities and education.
The club would be stupid not to take advantage and put its name out there in a positive light, as the Bulldogs do with camp quality and Souths with Souths Cares.

Good job Joe Kelly

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7