• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Actually Matas we should discuss the Mugabe thing at a later date.  Colonialism in reverse is my take.  Black guys screwing the white guys this time.  A bit of reversion to tribal politics.  Nasty, but African perhaps.  Anyway, it's good to read that Hodkinson is down to hopefully partner Foran pushing Lyon into the centres, or Foran into the centres.  I thought Lyon had his best game for us on Monday night since the GF.

DSM5 link said:
Actually Matas we should discuss the Mugabe thing at a later date.  Colonialism in reverse is my take.  Black guys screwing the white guys this time.  A bit of reversion to tribal politics.  Nasty, but African perhaps. 
  They were really screwed with a full belly, good education and first world status in 1979 weren't they?  Despite sanctions ......

Jethro link said:
According to The Sunshine Coast Daily today, Bailey could be out this week too and Hodko could get an NRL call-up.  Bailey is set to undergo x-rays on a suspected broken hand he suffered in Monday night’s loss to the Wests Tigers.

That would explain why he had limited game time on Monday. He went off in 1st half and didn't return till late in the game.

susan ridgepipe link said:
my mail as of yesterday is

that there is every chance wolfmans injury may be season ending [etc

I have not heard anything about Wolman's injury. What part of him is hurt? How did it happen? Has anything been said about it by anyone at the club? Even by Manly standards the silence about a longterm injury to a representative star player seems odd.

I've been saying we need some younger guys in the team, you cannot help injuries such as Brett's but now all these extra injuries with the older boys such as lyon, bailey, robbo, matai, are coming out. We are looking an old team after 1 game. And as someone mentioned, the youthful enthusiasm of the Tigers in the last 20 minutes smashed us.

you keep banging on about age. You do realise the tiges had 3 blokes over 30 and we had none and that the average age of our backs was 23.85 as opposed to their average of 24. we only had one back over 26while they had 2, and one of those was one of thier best. There are a lot of reasons why we lost. Age aint one of them.

It's not just me, loads of guys at my work reckon we look old and slow, the last 20 minutes Manly looked pedestrian and Benji and co ran riot. 4 tries in under 20 minutes.

We are pretty full of top heavy older players who have had major injuries or presently suffering, hence all the injuries after 1 match!! King (29), kite (29), perry, matai, lyon (28), matt cross (26), gulavou (32), chris bailey (28), robbo (27), rodney (27) ballin (26) even rose (27) glenn (26)

King major injuries, Matai as we know, lyon injuries past few years and rumoured now to be hurt again, cross major last year, bailey broken hand, rodney loads of injuries, rose major injury and now brett 2 major knee injuries in 2 years, robbo in trouble. These facts don't look promising for a whole NRL SEASON!! We are going to be wounded all year and that is going to hurt us. The young guys will get a go as these players succumb to injuries during 2010.

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=susan ridgepipe link=topic=182689.msg255186#msg255186 date=1268861628]
my mail as of yesterday is

that there is every chance wolfmans injury may be season ending [etc

I have not heard anything about Wolman's injury. What part of him is hurt? How did it happen? Has anything been said about it by anyone at the club? Even by Manly standards the silence about a longterm injury to a representative star player seems odd.
[/quote] Shoulder.  Probably needs a reconstruction and if so it's hello 2011.

man since when was 26 old? thats prime.

Old is 30 and over. were fine. Reason we got done last 20 minutes was MOMENTUM.. we had none.. they had it all.

first game of the season.. and we dropped our guard when in front..

thats all. nothing to do with age.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9