1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magnus Stromquest

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by The Eagle, Aug 19, 2011.

1. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    This bloke of an unbelievably awesome name is apparently taking offers from other clubs after negotiations with Manly have stalled.....

2. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,401 / 130
    Good luck to him.

I hope he gets a motza and goes on to play for Australia.

3. Phantar

Phantar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0
    Magnus was an exchange student at Jon-Erik Hexum Memorial High in LA a few years back, where the PE teacher was Mr Dolph Lundgren.

• Like Like x 1
  4. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    LOL????

5. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    NO!!!! Want 'Ultra' Magnus to play for us

6. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 0
    We need to hang onto this kid, he seems like he's the goods. Would hurt even more given the lack of quality props at the club currently.

7. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,836 / 103
    Yeah, from what I've seen he is the brightest prospect from the Toyota Cup squad. And he a rareity: a non-Polynesian prop!

8. Duff

Duff Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +547 / 9
    It's a bit of a concern that we don't seem to be as good at holding onto props as other positions.
    I rate this guy in a big way & would hate to see him go the way of Tasi & JWH. Between Stromquist & Cunningham, we're ok but we can't keep losing our depth.

9. Ceagle

Ceagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +238 / 3
    We need to keep him in our squad, I reckon he could breakthrough next season.

10. Blake

Blake Active Member

North Narrabeen
    Ratings:
    +90 / 1
    I saw a car at the forrestway and Mona vale rd intersection this morning with the number plate 'magnus' and who do you think was driving it?
    He is a massive bloke for a 20 yr old!

• Like Like x 1
  11. COMMANDER

COMMANDER IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL 2016 Tipping Competitor

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,740 / 81
    he's got a good head for a prop.

busted!

12. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,093 / 286
    Being the best of a very bad bunch isn't saying much.

I wouldn't want his salary to potentially lose us any of Harrison, Robinson, Lussick, Mauro, Cunningham, Palau (all our other 2nd tier props).

13. Wolfpack

Ratings:
    +310 / 0
    He's got potential though, If he stays he should be in NSW cup next year, I'm surprised he wasn't there this year TBH.

14. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,093 / 286
    I'd say they wanted to see his leadership qualities, and the club also saw how poor a quality the rest of the team are.

It just sucks having a low salary base for these junior teams. Then again, we could take The Rooster route, and just pilfer all the good ones once other respective clubs have invested in their players growth.

15. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    The way he plays it's like Webcke/Tolman/Graham huge work rate and big minutes for a prop.

It's not out of place for him to play the full game which is a big effort for the big boy's regardless of which grade it is

16. Wolfpack

Ratings:
    +310 / 0
    Good call re:leadership, never thought about that. He does look a bit doughy as well, might have found it difficult to compete with adults.

In a perfect world both he & Cunningham will be our starting props for the future, hope it works out that way,

17. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    Props can take longer to develop, but to be honest I see him as a trier but no sure if he'll have the game to got to the NRL level. His best chance is really working on his fitness and try and turn into a Tolman type prop who just works hard but really doesn't threaten the opposition too much.

18. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,093 / 286
    I guess I liken him to Tolman. If he can become that player, plus one.

19. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,525 / 32
    80 minute player with a high work rate. Not flashy but a real workhorse. I'd like to see us re-sign him.

20. God

God Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +411 / 10
    the fact you can spell Storm out of the first 5 letters of his surname is a concern to me, can't really see it working out for him at Manly unless he changes his surname.

• Like Like x 1