Lyon West Bound??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If he's off contract, he's fair game. I would hope if Lyon was off contract at another club, that Manly would make a play for his services for all the obvious reasons.

No doubt management have a plan to keep Lyon.

No rumour. No innuendo. Just an opinion. I will be surprised if Jamie is still at Manly next year. Hope I am wrong though.

I would hate to lose Lyon (as I'm most of us would) but if we can use his money to secure Hopoate on a long contract I wouldn't be so disappointed. Lyon probably only has a few good years left in him (including this year) and Hopoate could potentially be at the club for another 10 years. Tough call but I'm sure the club have a much better idea of where they stand with both players.

Stay Calm people!!

To all Manly fans,

I just wanted to take this opportunity to set the record straight and reassure you all of my commitment to the Sea Eagles.

You would have heard what the journalists and reporters have had to say. I would like to clear a few things up from my side:

The Titans had approached Manly and my manager about me joining them. On Thursday night my manager contacted me with an offer of four years, starting immediately.

He asked me to think about it for half an hour as it was such a big offer. Actually it was quite ridiculous.

I can tell you right now that I did not need the half hour to think about it! I was never going to the Gold Coast.

At no stage did I approach the Titans, meet with anyone from the Titans or agree to anything at all with them.

I never ever asked to be released from Manly and never did I intend too.

Rumours that I have done this to get more money from Manly are way off the mark, I would never put them in that position.

I love this club and I'm proud every time I put on the Manly jersey. The last 24 hours have just shown what a tight-knit group we are, with the support I have received from my teammates.

I trust all Manly fans can see through some of the rubbish that has been reported and know I'm 100% committed to this club.

I can't wait for round one and hopefully a few more seasons after that in the maroon and white.

Cheers,
Killer

If you were in charge of Penrith why wouldnt you try and sign not only the best centre currently in the game but one of the best players, they like every other club would be mad not to try and sign him. Lets hope he stays at Manly for a few more years yet.

Pretty sure before the broncos game on ch 9 when they did the story on Jamie, he was quoted as saying, "I have a few more years left and hopefully ill finish my career at Manly" or words to that effect.

He's going no where people, I can't see us letting out captain leave.

Zero Tackle has learned that general manager Phil Gould is very keen on getting Lyon to Penrith next season.

Jamie is the most valuable player in the NRL in my view, so the only surprise would be if Gould is the only one who is interested. It doesn't mean he will go.

Zero tackle has a very very poor record when reporting this stuff. I have been a regular visitor there for a couple of years.

Pretty sure they had the following moves reported

Lyon to Tits
Foran to Dogs
DCE to somewhere
G Stewart to Dogs
Matai to Sharks
B Stewart to Goons and Rooters
T Rex to Dogs - ouch they had that one right, thankfully

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10