1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lyon was right...refs stank

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by maxta, Jul 25, 2016.

1. maxta

maxta Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Toowoomba, Queensland
    Ratings:
    +2,344 / 56
    Lyon was pushing the limits with his call - "It's like your trying to get them back in the game" to the ref
    But he said what I was thinking....
    They were constantly offside & always laying on the player, throwing 5-6 ridiculous forward passes & 1 time...Burgess tackled- momentum stopped,....stands up & passes the ball ???? Play on ????
    We got lucky with the No Try call ...but the rest....obvious calls that I agree ...were in Souths favour big time.

• Agree Agree x 17
  2. Turbo

Turbo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,568 / 497
    Poor, poor reffing! And that burgess try wasn't a try, a ball does not bounce a meter if it has been placed securely on the ground in contact with the players hand.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,341 / 111
    There was three kants onthefield tonight, and only the touch judge got a pass mark.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,834 / 103
    What annoyed me was the selective intrusion of the video ref. He ignored several strips of the ball, then radioed-in when Souffs' winger dropped the ball. Yes it was a strip - but either you do it for every wrong call or you stay out of it.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. CBreeagles

CBreeagles Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,116 / 58
    Loved that remark can't believe commentators were blowing up about it when they all remain quiet with Cam Smith basically doing the same thing every week

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. XV-1

XV-1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +498 / 55
    You cannot be serious. The touch judges missed at least 4 foward passes.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. MANLY4LIFE

MANLY4LIFE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +383 / 6
    Jamie's attitude must be stuff it ,it's my last year lol

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Killer didn't accuse the Ref, he merely made an observation that the Ref's rulings were like... :think:

Bozo would be pleased :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,803 / 53
    I figured the NRL has decided to allow NFL style passes in an effort to suck up to get Hayne back.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,742 / 57
    As I said last week the refs will be a farce. It's just good to see that we've become a team that can win in spite of that sort of adversity.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. yokahontas

yokahontas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,138 / 13
    Agree with everything except the 'no try' - it wasn't a try. While they don't require proper downward pressure anymore, the wording is something like 'maintain control' - and there's no way Burgess had any control over where that ball was, he was desperately scrabbling to keep a finger or two in contact with it as it slid away from his hand. If that was a try, Myles didn't knock the ball on a couple of minutes later either - he had the same level of finger contact on the ball the whole time as Joe Burgess did.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Mitch

Mitch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,665 / 31
    Reading the RLW review of the match, they mentioned they would be surprised if the MRC didn't get involved with Killer's comments. Surely not.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,803 / 53
    It was really obvious from the side on view that he lost it. I couldn't understand the outrage of the commentators at all.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Sheikheagle

Sheikheagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +854 / 53
    Hopefully not, but killer could be in a spot off bother.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. voicefromthehill

voicefromthehill Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,235 / 9
    I could - but I was listening to MMM

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. susan

susan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,043 / 30
    He is very lucky he didn't get binned Refereeing was rubbish but when was the last time a decision was changed. You never ever question their integrity.Complain about a decision but to suggest it was a plan to get Souths back in the game is crazy.

Absolute waste of time .Get back and get on with it. Smith gets away with the same stuff and it annoys the hell out of me.

Every chance he will be charged in my opinion as he has reputation for it. Will be an absolute shame if our momentum is killed by this.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. double hoops

double hoops Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,617 / 113
    Challenging the ref is trademarked by Bozo. Kevin Walters was sent off during a club game during a English tour for telling the ref what the penalty count was when he went back in after half time.

I just don't know if it works in today's day and age. Does it just get the ref off side. You would want to pick your mark.

Cam Smith butters the ref up. Stirs all the players up. When's the last time Melbourne got screwed by the refs.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Harvies elbow

Harvies elbow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,702 / 20
    He said that?? Hahaha he's right... good on him I didn't hear because I couldn't hear anyone but me!! The most sh*tbag refereeing effort of the year. They lost the f*cking plot.
    I actually think the on field refs have improved this year and the bunker is marginally better than last year but tonight was f*cking borderline dodgy !!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Lord Eagleton

Lord Eagleton Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +835 / 24
    Come on Maxta, you know the deal ;-)
    Its all about the spectacle. An evenly contested, exciting game/TV product that comes at the expense of the rules. Bias is king in this comp, the refs facilitate that. This is the NRL

(it annoys the crap out of me too)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    He will get some kind of suspension, one for being a Manly player and two for whatever rule they can dream up and find. He was right though they were given every leg up possible. We were getting too much ball and too much go our way for them not to start finding penalties.

Two refs is no better than one, half the time I can't even see why someone was penalised. I mean I know what the signal is for but most of the time it is marginal and really just a subjective call. Go back to one ref and stop penalising every bit of rubbish that can be imagined

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1