Lyon Unlikely to play again this year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Simonmyers11

First Grader
Sad news about Lyon. Re-injured the hammie during the captains run this week. highly unlikely to get it right by next Saturday for the send off at brookie or for the game against panthers.

He is gutted. What a shame. A manly great, deserves to run out for his last home game and get a win.

Very very sad news that he won't get the send off he deserves. Is a manly great. Thanks killer for so many awesome memories. Legend..

This is truly ****ed. After Steve Menzies, Lyon has been my favorite ever Sea Eagle (close call with Ben Kennedy / Nik Kosef).

Like Wyllie said, what a cherry on top of what has been the most un-enjoyable season ever as a Manly fan.

We are absolutely a different team with his class and quality in it, and there will be a massive hole for the likes of Mead, Matai, Green & others to fill next season without Lyon (IF we sign those blokes).

Horrible - just horrible.

Guess he has to play 5/8th for us next year then! Can't go out like this. *

*just being selfish, don't wanna see him go.

Typical of the luck we've had over the last couple of years.
There was always going to be a time when our array of ageing champs would decline and finish, and it was never going to be pretty. There were just too many of them.

I thought we'd managed things as well as possible by trimming down to merely Killer, Snake and Skivvi this year. We probably expected the odds were one would break down ... but all 3? Has made it very tough indeed.

Imagine if Lyon Snake and Matai go out like this. Add it to Gift Choc Wolf. Just no tribute to anyone from that awesome team of the last decade. This has truly been the worst season I've ever been through in 43 yrs. Just gutted about it all.@:cry:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6