Lyon to play 5/8th, not centre

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Imo when Des picked Neumann at Penrith Park for Lyon's return game it showed me where his mind was in terms of Bell's replacement

And i must admit to being doubtful about him, but the 20mins he opened with in that game were damn solid, to the point where i would not be worried about him getting the gig

jezzz a bench with:

Le'Strange
T Williams
Cuthbo
Jason King

would have to be one of the biggest benches in the comp IMO.

Lyon has to stay at 6 due to the fact that he and Orford now have a good combination together which took many years, and it might just take as long if bailey was at 6 therefore to big of a risk.

fact remains who to put at centre? I would say Neuman only if he shows potential if he is not up to it then we have many other options in hand as mentioned before.

I would have said we will absolutely have Killer at 5/8 because he was too good to move, but now I wouldn't rule it out having him in the centres and Bailey at 5/8. Personally I'd still go with Killer in the halves, but I'm just not sure of Dessie's thinking.

i am kinda getting scared that we won the premieship last year 40-nil yet it looks like we have a stronger team this year... BTW what happens if orford gets injured, who replaces him?

willstyles link said:
I would have said we will absolutely have Killer at 5/8 because he was too good to move, but now I wouldn't rule it out having him in the centres and Bailey at 5/8. Personally I'd still go with Killer in the halves, but I'm just not sure of Dessie's thinking.

Well he seemed to want to persist with Lyon at 5/8 when everybody was saying he couldn't (Shouldn't) play there, now that everyone thinks he can play there I wouldn't think that would change Dessie's mind.

Personally, I'd agree with that, but he also likes to stick with his plans. I believe he signed Bailey as a 5/8, and I have a sneaking feeling (based on some things I heard today) that this might be his plan.

I don't think Bailey will be lock is all.

I don't know about Bailey as a 5/8. Didn't see anything from him this year that got me particularly excited, just looks a good utility player for mine....but I could be wrong. It would solve our centre problem if Lyon moves back there, but I'd expect Bailey to then play a "shovel it on" role at 5/8 rather than a ball playing role. The other thing that I'm not sold on is the eggs that are being put in the T Williams basket. Has he ever played centre ??  We obviously lack depth in the centres because Dessie had Beaver playing there a fair bit last season when Matai was out, so that doesn't speak volumes about the back up options.

Anyway who cares, let's wait till next season and see what transpires. If it doesn't work it'll least give us something to whinge about....if it does work we can all be happy.

I'm am stoked about our forward depth next year. We lose Beaver :(, but at least Dessie can breathe a sigh of relief as those goat photos that Willo had are now on their way to England thank God. I hope Hall maintains the rage, he could be a bolter for rep honours next year. Cuthbo is on the verge of a make or break season, hopefully he'll take his opportunities with both hands and go to the next level. And in Kite, Perry and King we've got a very good prop rotation.....maybe best in the comp.

Looking forward to this year, let's hope the injury Gods are kind to us. It is also the Chinese Year of the Ox which is a good omen.

Chip & Chase link said:
And in Kite, Perry and King we've got a very good prop rotation.....maybe best in the comp.

Cira 2003-2004, did you anyone ever think that we'd be seeing this?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4