Lyon/Matai key to success

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
No doubt forwards win games, dominate the ruck & create time in attack & defence & the individuals out wide can be nullified if the forwards get bent over all day.....
Thing is with a few players back & the ability to be even close to matching the middle, the outside backs can come to life, giving quality halves time to create the overlap or even 1 on 1 situation for the centres.
Theres no doubt Lyon & Matai are matchwinners if given equal opportunity, & a heap of the too old & slow calls have been based on minimal opportunity, recent injuries & space created by the big men up front.
Age is a contributing factor with injury concerns & maybe a metre of pace, but they are still capable of producing that yard of explosive pace to make a bust or create that second of space for the wingers who in Tom & Taufua - will finish, the class is still evident.
These coming crunch games the Lyon/Matai impact could well decide the outcome - in Matai's case it could be influenced also with a lethal shot!!
These are still 2 of the best centres in the NRL & a massive key to the resurgent Seaeagles in 2015......its not just the world class play, but the influence of these 2 that make them so valuable.

Last edited:
I think they will have a big part to play in the success of the coming 8 weeks. It's not just the skills they bring, but the confidence and attitude.

You cant beat experience and know how, Matai gives us aggression that is badly needed, Killer gives us calmness, we are a much better side when he players, Snake is the polish and in my opinion our player of the year so far, so dangerous with the ball. If our returning forward can get the job done and these guys stay healthy, we will be a major hurdle for any would be finalist for this season.

No doubt Snake is the best attacking player at Manly with DCE next & probably has been since early in his career
The point was more the fact Manly had lost its potency out wide in 2015...due to many variables
Snake scores plenty & sets up plenty every year & up until 2015...so did these champion centres
The recent signs indicate they are about to hit their straps at the business end as the attitude in the middle muscles up - if we look at the ladder & see Snake still playing well in a beaten team I think its obvious others will need to step up our point scoring ability & personally - I back these 2 to make the most improved impact.. ....but time will tell.

I thought last Monday night was Jamie's best game so far this season, he looked like he was moving freely and that allowed him to dominate. That's one of the reasons I'm quietly confident we can get one over on the Cows.

I thought last Monday night was Jamie's best game so far this season, he looked like he was moving freely and that allowed him to dominate. That's one of the reasons I'm quietly confident we can get one over on the Cows.
Agreed, he looked sharp. A healthy, in form Jamie Lyon is critical for our run home.

He put some great in and always on. To be fair he is crucial every year.

upload_2015-7-16_12-43-14.png

seeing as though this thread relates to Killer, thought i'd post it here.

what a legend.

I admire the way Jamie and Steve often take hit-ups, to help out our battling forwards. They both run straight, without fear, just to gain a few hard-win metres.

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4