Lyon for captain

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
nuff said. He may not want it, but he is a leader, a quiet achiever, a doer, a person that leads by example a man that could lead because he will do what needs to be done when it needs to be done, and doesn't let anyone question that.

The stuff around origin is proof of that, the stuff when he left parra. He makes his decisions he sticks with them and does what needs to be done.

He is my vote for captain, give Orford a spell, put him out to pasture for a while

bad call... with all the bs in the background it is unlikely thst this would have a positive result.

Zep link said:
bad call... with all the bs in the background it is unlikely thst this would have a positive result.

woos

i agree with your reasons but as you say he wont want it and i can only see it affecting his game so no.

He is the only player who can hold his head up from all 3 games so far this year

Orford is just hopeless.  No leadership, no idea in attack.  When leadership is needed he goes missing.  Give leadership to someone who leads, there's more than Lyon, although he would be excellent.  Glenn Stewart might be good.  Brett when he returns.

Never been an fan of Orford even when he was with the storm i didn't rate him. For a player who gets heaps of wraps I haven't seen him play up to the accolades too often.

And let Matai have a shot at goal.

I have never liked a fullback as Captain.

I tend to agree with Glenn Stewart, but Orford is currently the best there is.

Agree Dan Lyon is a quiet achiever and knows what needs to be done on the footy field but i can't see it happening also would the extra responsibility have an effect on his natural game ?

eagle_predator link said:
Agree Dan Lyon is a quiet achiever and knows what needs to be done on the footy field but i can't see it happening also would the extra responsibility have an effect on his natural game ?

I dont think it would phase him at all. He is the kind of guy that shoulders any responsibility and keeps going

Dan, I won't criticise any particular player as it doesn't serve a purpose and there are plenty of positives to take out of last night’s game.

Some brilliance in attack and some rock solid bone crushing defence, just not when it needed to count.

Everyone was ordinary last night and I wouldn't be blaming Orford for a side that drops balls and gives away penalties. Mistakes cost us the game not Oxfords leadership.

Personally I think the season launch drama is still playing in the back of the players’ minds not to mention the boardroom drama going on for Dessie (who looked really gutted last night) and other off contract players.

They just didn't compete for a full 80 mins of football.

Guys, I know Jamie personally....he's originally from Wee Waa, I am originally from Moree.....he's a top guy but VERY laid back, he doesn't want that responsibility, he doesn't want to play for the Blues or NSW, he just wants to play footy, spend time with his family and shoot pigs with Crusher and Bozo!!

And you can't blame him for that!!

anyone seen The Replacements? The manly situation reminds me of Falcos biggest fear. Quicksand.

I don't see Lyon as a Captain, he doesn't strike me as leadership material.

What about Kite ?

Kite for captain?  He can't even run forward, and what's the turning his back routine?  I thought that fool had gone to the Celtic Whatevers.

Kite is the problem - his head is not right.  Last year he set the example and led the way.  This year his lack of energy & go forward has rubbed off on his mates Perry, King & Hall.

I can't see anything wrong with Matt Orford, experienced, happy with the job, leave him there, chaning the Captain ISN"T going to fix our problems!!

LOL, this time last year most on this site were quite happy to drop the boot into Lyon at any opportunity, and happy to run with the over rated line that the media was pumping out, now he should be captain

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2