Lyon and Watmough

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Far and away the best on the park for NSW tonight, Watmough has done a ton of work in defence and Lyon has been the only blue shirt with some attack in him. Showing why imo he is still Manly's best 5/8, and best centre as well. Class act

Ballin went well for Qld too

Other brief thoughts on the game

Hayne must be fullback for the next game
Idris shouldn't have been picked, and right away cost a try, I don't blame the kid though
Qld were playing NFL all night, NSW should be working on some plays with forward passes for game 2, they won't be called
Slater makes yet another mistake in a big game costing a try and once again it is glossed over by the commentators
The BOTD try to Qld was rubbish. The offside penalty for NSW was average, outside of that Qld got every single call, but were the better team anyway, score flatters the blues

How ordinary is Gidley as a NSW player, he really is not up to the class as a origin player

Lyon was great

Cooper was **** in the 1st half
Kimmorley is past it

Kimmorley saved NSW arse in defence more than any other player.

But all in all one of the worst origin games ever.

I think its dead, just lacked any real aggression

half the team is not up to it, along with the coach,

Sack em all and start from scratch

Captain and coach first 2 off the gap.

Very disappointing. Cooper should never be picked again. If Idris is one of the three best centres in NSW then I am Julia Roberts. Watmough great but I could not work out our game plan. Hayne's defence on the wing was diabolical and they exploited his Grothe like tendencies big time. QLD deserved winners.

I think that there probably would have been more aggression if it was dry Fluff. I always thought that the game was going to be a bit bland with the wet weather.

Kimmorely went well, extra marks for niggling little Billy

Just looked at the stats, Choc most hit ups with 17, most metres by a forward with 151, 2nd for NSW in tackles with 36 and 2 offloads, and outstanding game all round from him

I can see the makings of something in this side, IF they get some players into the right places. Namely hayne into Fullback, Lyon and Kimmorley is good for the halves, not sold on Ennis but he is doing the job, can build around that with the likes of Watmough and Lewis in the pack

My favorite part was when Craig Bellamy started to shuffle the lineup around with 20 mins to go in an almost hold your hands up and admit that after having your say and picking your team you ****ed up.

Time to get the ass in my opinion. Bellamy offers nothing unless you throw an extra 1.5 million worth of players at him.

Bottom line is Gidley holds onto the ball and we win.

Apart from that Archer must have had the brief when in doubt give Queensland a penalty.

The only good thing to come out of the game is the possibilty Gus gets pneumonia from the drenching he took in his pre game crapfest.

On the reshuffle with 20 to go, did Lyon go back to centre?  I wasn't paying enough attention... Many will say he didn't do enough as 5/8

My thoughts, Gidley did alright, which is probably not good enough for captain and fullback, Perry has probably played his last as has Cooper.  Where was the Dragons lethal left edge?!  Kimmorley was great in defence but not enough in attack so if Pearce is fit that'll be his last game i'd say.

I don't know, will Gallen see game 2?

Bellamy and the whole coaching staff should go.  Hell, if Ricky Stuart has left NRL maybe he should get the gig again.  He did alright and shows more passion, plus he's been in the origin arena before.  NO to Hasler coaching, i want him at Manly!

Congrats to Ballin, he deserves game 2 but i doubt he'll see it, unless he goes to the bench, but highly unlikely.

NSW, just lost out there and only showed good drive in the first and last 10mins.

Note:  drunk right now, don't know what i'm typing

It's hilarious as a Queenslander watching blue arsed at his dizzy best.  bzzzzzzzz bzzzzzzz bzzzzzzzz

Lyon was picked out of position.  Not his fault.  Perry is soft but we all know that.

Ballin - adequate.  

Gidley to never be named again.

Haybe to fullback, idris a 50/50 the rest you can patch up or throw in reserves

Flip link said:
Whats your thoughts on the non manly players mata?

Or are you after more attention?
  What I said when the NSW side was picked held true.  Too many players out of position and too many players (eg Waterhouse, White, Lars, Perry) who don't have an origin motor.  Reasonable club players, but out of their depth. 

Mats that's like saying **** stinks. You are hardly a pshycic

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8