Lyon and next year?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Should Lyon stay at 5/8 in 2009?

• Yeah, keep him there until Bailey proves himself

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope ship him straight to centre

• Let him split the role with Bailey

• Let him have the role

• Total voters

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
I was thinking that prior to Lyon getting injured he was really starting to fire and play extremely well in 5/8. As such when we get Bailey on board next year, I was wondering what we should do. Whether we should keep Lyon at 5/8 for a while or send him straight into the centres.

(Granted Bell is leaving so we need another centre) however I am still wondering opinions here, who really will fit in the pivot role best, Bailey or Lyon and why?

Say-" his chat issue is a non-issue and the load balancer is shot and can't be repaired."

He does need to chat more on the field, as he strikes me as a little too quiet out there. As for the load balance, the more load he takes off Orford the better our team balance in my opinion. Does anyone know how good Bailey is on the chat ?? as this could be the crucial in determining the positions.

With Belly going it is straight to centre for mine - unless he proves the find of the century during the finals.

We bought Bailey as a 5/8 so we should play him there, however if Lyon finished the year off how he has played before injury, i would like to see them alternate during the game

Will be interesting to see what our backup is in the centres. I guess that Des rates Neumann highly signing him up for 3 years, and maybe 1 of Bani or Williams could make a centre as well

I like the idea of keeping Williams in the backs but I think he is heading into the second row. Great buy no matter where we stick him. In the same mold is Hoppa jnr.

TWilliams should come off the bench to start the year -- I have a sneaking suspicion he has a lazy patch Des needs to get out before he gets a starting gig.

ManlyBacker link said:
I like the idea of keeping Williams in the backs but I think he is heading into the second row. Great buy no matter where we stick him. In the same mold is Hoppa jnr.

Ah, of course, i forgot about Tony. I was actually refering to David

I just read that Willow has signed to play with Chad Randall and Daniel Heckenberg at The Harlequins. Therefore there is a backrow spot open. I wouldn't mind Vhris Bailey as a lock:-

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. David Williams
05. Michael Bani
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Matt Orford
08. Josh Perry
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Glenn Stewart
13. Chris Bailey

14. Heath Le'Strange
15. Adam Cuthbertson
16. Jason King
17. Glenn Hall

3 ball playing options on the field instead of one like we have had for the past month??

Bailey to 5/8, Lyon to Centre but used as backup 5/8 if required.

So much depth :)
but you have to put Tony Williams somewhere in the line up I don't know where but he is a power house.

T Williams to be used of the bench as a versatile player such as beaver. Mr T can cover the back and the forwards except maybe not the halves.

Bailey to 5/8 and Lyon to Centre IMO

Bailey can kick is the simple answer.

lyon has to go to centre, bailey at 5/8 and williams off the bench.

It gives us tremendous versatility should injuries occur and there is nothing stopping lyon moving around occasionally and dropping into 5/8 during the game.

Our team next year looks stronger to me.

We are loosing bell, beaver, bryant and willo.

Replaced with bani, lyon/bailey, T williams and rose with W/heargraves, edwards etc getting more experience and at least one of them will be heading towards cracking a few games.

its simple:

Mr T (T williams) - replaces versatile Beaver
Bailey - replaces Bell i.e lyon moves to centre

Losses of Bryant & Willo (willo who i thought was contracted till end of next year)
are replaced by (as fluffly said) Heagraves, edwards, bani, rose  who should get some great experience in the QLD Cup.

But the one thing that stands out next year is that for once we will finally have a decent 5/8 who is actually a 5/8!!! and a centre who knw how to run straight and hard and no crabbing.

"Mr T (T williams) - replaces versatile Beaver " hahahaha that is the funniest thing i have ever read.

You are a moran! lol

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7