Lussick's Bondi bound

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
About a month ago the Eels made a play at him - now the Chooks whose offer may be a little more than the paper talk, so there is every chance he could take it - & good luck to him. Darcy has made it clear his preference was to stay at Manly & this was directly from Darcy at that time.
No offence to Darcy who is a top bloke & a proud Manly Junior, but imo the offers are a little over the odds for a kid with big potential & limited 1st grade experience at this stage.

MK Eagle said:
About a month ago the Eels made a play at him - now the Chooks whose offer may be a little more than the paper talk, so there is every chance he could take it - & good luck to him. Darcy has made it clear his preference was to stay at Manly & this was directly from Darcy at that time.
No offence to Darcy who is a top bloke & a proud Manly Junior, but imo the offers are a little over the odds for a kid with big potential & limited 1st grade experience at this stage.
Buddy you need to be careful with the wording of your posts. You misled alot of people with the comment below you made yesterday you made sound like he had left and it was official.

(Yesterday 01:32 PM)MK Eagle Wrote:  
Darcys preference was to stay at Manly & the Rooters offer was hard to refuse - good luck to him.

There's already enough angst on here regard to players coming and going and I'm sure you have the best intentions.

Darcy is a good kid...spoke to him briefly in Leeds and he loves Manly that's for sure. But we need to face facts that we can't keep them all, so he may well go to the highest bidder, but he may not as well. The trouble we have is all the back ended deals Ha$ler did, that's going to crucify us in 2013-14. I actually beleive this was the big stumbling block in his negotiations, he wanted to run things "his way" (to succeed at all costs)and the board said "sorry we have to play by the rules".

I'd be surprised if we keep him, but do have my fingers crossed that we might.

Simply put we cannot keep them all, we have 10 internationals in our top 17 plus ballin a qld rep. The priority is no doubt the half and snake, the way the game is these days and the storm showed it by going far with an average pack but the spine was top shelf.

Cambo said:
MK Eagle said:
Buddy you need to be careful with the wording of your posts. You misled alot of people with the comment below you made yesterday you made sound like he had left and it was official.

(Yesterday 01:32 PM)MK Eagle Wrote:  
Darcys preference was to stay at Manly & the Rooters offer was hard to refuse - good luck to him.

There's already enough angst on here regard to players coming and going and I'm sure you have the best intentions.
Sorry if taken this way Cambo - def not my intention
Simple as this -
Darcy did state he preferred to stay at Manly & that was direct - has he gone to the Rooters - I cant answer that, but with the dollars thrown at him there I honestly cant blame him if he has - good luck to him.

What i don't understand is how do all these other clubs have so much money to splash around on all these big name players and we struggle to keep our own?

Stevo said:
What i don't understand is how do all these other clubs have so much money to splash around on all these big name players and we struggle to keep our own?

This.

Lussick, Maloney, SBW and we get...Farrar?

If Lussick has signed we should leave him in reserve grade and go with Mauro. No point playing someone who has signed elsewhere.

wizball1973 said:
Stevo said:

This.

Lussick, Maloney, SBW and we get...Farrar?

If Lussick has signed we should leave him in reserve grade and go with Mauro. No point playing someone who has signed elsewhere.

Except Lussick is a prop and Mauro is a back rower

What i don't get is, if theses young players are so sure that they love the club, the surrounds, lifestyle and the fans so much that they declare it to the media that their preference is to stay, why leave for more cash? Greedy managers i guess. The days of loyalty and pride in emblem are fast disappearing i suppose. You would think a club would make it very aware to a young bloke that the older guys will be moving on soon enough, and then we'll re-negotiate your price.
Darcy is young, a little too aggressive and has has the odd mistake in him. The most important part of that sentence is he's YOUNG. You'd expect him to be raw. What your purchasing at this stage of his career is POTENTIAL. And that's what he should be told by the club. He's still being molded at this stage. Stick solid with Manly, at the right price and by the time Joe, Kitey and Kingy leave he'll be in his prime. Leave now and perhaps end up in the same group as JWH, Tasi and countless other "could or should have beens". I know i'd be sitting tight if i was Darcy.

The 4 crucial areas in rugby league are the no1, no6, no7 and no9. lock them up first on long-term contract. If there's cash to spare try to keep others without paying overs or upgrade current contracts . Players come and go, but that's the nature of the beast thesedays

I agree Swoop. But what are the next most important numbers? A good 1,6,7,9 combo still needs go forward. I think good props that can gain meters, offload in traffic and have solid defence are overlooked by fans who notice the flashy halves and talented fullbacks. I'm not describing Darcy here, but he could become that in a year or two. I want him to stay for the right price only, and hope he is mature enough to make the right decision and not be blinded by the dollar signs. He's got years ahead of him. Now he should be concentrating on improving his game and establishing himself, not which condo or sports car he wants. That will come later.

swoop said:
The 4 crucial areas in rugby league are the no1, no6, no7 and no9. lock them up first on long-term contract. If there's cash to spare try to keep others without paying overs or upgrade current contracts . Players come and go, but that's the nature of the beast thesedays

Whilst I tend to agree with that theory swoop, I'd be more concerned if we had to relace Jamie Lyon than Matt Ballin (even though I enjoy watching Ballin play).

mozgrame said:
I agree Swoop. But what are the next most important numbers? A good 1,6,7,9 combo still needs go forward. I think good props that can gain meters, offload in traffic and have solid defence are overlooked by fans who notice the flashy halves and talented fullbacks. I'm not describing Darcy here, but he could become that in a year or two. I want him to stay for the right price only, and hope he is mature enough to make the right decision and not be blinded by the dollar signs. He's got years ahead of him. Now he should be concentrating on improving his game and establishing himself, not which condo or sports car he wants. That will come later.

We had depth in the backrow, not so much in the front row. These young blokes should think about sticking around for a reasonable pay packet knowing positions in the top grade will become available down the track. If they do that and are playing we enough the big payday will come. Paying overs has not been the clubs policy lately as we found with JWH. Having said that some of these young blokes want the big cash now.

swoop said:
mozgrame said:

We had depth in the backrow, not so much in the front row. These young blokes should think about sticking around for a reasonable pay packet knowing positions in the top grade will become available down the track. If they do that and are playing we enough the big payday will come. Paying overs has not been the clubs policy lately as we found with JWH. Having said that some of these young blokes want the big cash now.

Exactly. Or, we could simply let them slip the net and whinge and jump up and down in a year or two when the older guys move on and we are left with inexperienced young blokes. It's nothing to do with offering Darcy more money. I don't want that. It is about getting it into his head that he is still green and we have a long term plan for him. To ask, "what is so good about him right now?" is stupidity at its finest. You have to look to the future.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4