Lussick

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
Here's a question for you all, feathered friends - what are we actually expecting from Lussick next year?

Personally, I'd be happy if he had a Glenn Hall 2008ish kind of impact. Off the bench and maybe not as skilled as whoever he replaces but no drop off in intensity and a solid work rate with hard runs.

Interested to hear people's thoughts...

Expect - more of the same, some good games mixed with a lot of ill discipline and time on the sidelines. He has not show improvement over the last couple of years and is 26 so in the what you see is what you get category.

I would like to see him mature into a good prop and be worth what we are paying him.

I expect his best season yet....ppl forget he was a quality local junior who lost his way in 2 areas
1 - Let his aggressive game take over his natural talent, leading to silly penalties & errors.
2 - His biggest backward step - went to Parramatta
I can validate 100% he never wanted to leave Manly
His heart is at Manly & now he is surrounded by outstanding leaders & other tough players, has nothing to prove except he is a quality player.
Can concentrate on playing hard, intimidating footy without crossing the red line of stupidity...also watch his 2nd phase play, as he does have a great offload I'm confident Barrett will bring out.

A new coaching staff will almost be like a new start for him.With new players around him & a few wins under our belts could get the best out of him.

I think he has all the attributes to really step up

But I guess we will see

He's so, so underrated by those around here. I cannot wait to see him on fire, make the City Origin side, and blow everyone away. This kid has size, mobility, aggression. I'd bet Barrett gets the most out of him.

And @Chip and Chase laugh at @Brookvale2015 mate all you like.I reckon you'll be pleasantly surprised. I think he'll be at least pushing for a starting spot over Myles 5-6 games in.

The moment that most sums up the downside of Lussick is the battle of Brookvale. Great that he is not intimidated. Not great that he lacks self-control.

Nate Miles is as tough as they come, but he controls it. He's smart tough. Until Lussick matures into a Miles mindset he'll continue being a loose cannon.

Being back in the Manly environment will be great for his game i think.
I expect him to make a solid impact to the go forward (assuming he will come from the bench), as well as maintaining or elevating the aggression levels once on the field.

Like that Glen Hall comparison Loobs. If he can replicate what Hall did for the team circa '08 he will be going damn well

And @Chip and Chase laugh at @Brookvale2015 mate all you like.I reckon you'll be pleasantly surprised. I think he'll be at least pushing for a starting spot over Myles 5-6 games in.
I hope you are right, but personally I think he is so far from Origin standard at the moment I couldn't help but find that funny. Maybe I should have went with optimistic instead. Let's see how his head space is and whether his time under the Dalai has taken his game to that next level. We could do with some controlled aggression and size, so I'm hoping he will live up to potential. Hopefully he will bring his mate Eddie Obeid along with some TPA's as well.

he looks the alpha dog in the team photo, bigger than i remembered and a mean as cat**** look in his eye,if he can control his aggression,he is plenty big enough to go forward,loving this team:)

Firstly, Myles has starting spot for as long as he wants it.
Last chance saloon for Darcy-unless he realises his potential next two seasons, he will be an NRL nomad or end up in the Old Dart drinking pints with all the other wasted talent.
I do believe he can do it-so I tip him to be our best signing this season. Stack of potential but a little thin between the ears. Fulton's disciplined style coaching ( I mean Barrett's :) ) will suit him down to the ground. Come Darc 2016 is your moment man

In his first year at parra he was good. Maybe a fresh start in an environment with good work ethic will iron out any problems. At his best regularly playing well, he is a starter at lock/prop. At his worst nsw cup or bench.

Last edited:
I Watched him closely after we signed him. Without any exaggeration he is the most immobile defender in the game.
He will miss plenty of tackles around the ruck and is a big arm grabber.
I wanted to like him but what I have seen cannot be unseen.

I Watched him closely after we signed him. Without any exaggeration he is the most immobile defender in the game.
He will miss plenty of tackles around the ruck and is a big arm grabber.
I wanted to like him but what I have seen cannot be unseen.
Defence is my main concern too. His lateral movement and leg speed looked ponderous a few times I saw him for the Eels.

I've no doubt he and the club can curb his aggression. Unfortunately they can not change the perception of the officials. Once someone is deemed a loose cannon, they are penalised / suspended at every opportunity, regardless if they change their ways eg Matai. I'm worried Lussick has been labelled as such.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2