1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lussick

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Loobs, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,407 / 257
    Here's a question for you all, feathered friends - what are we actually expecting from Lussick next year?

Personally, I'd be happy if he had a Glenn Hall 2008ish kind of impact. Off the bench and maybe not as skilled as whoever he replaces but no drop off in intensity and a solid work rate with hard runs.

Interested to hear people's thoughts...

2. Brookvale2015

Brookvale2015 Active Member

Ratings:
    +464 / 171
    I think he might be a Bolter for the blues, he shown last year that he has good games in him

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,308 / 51
    He has a lot to prove to be honest. He left us to chase the whinger coin instead of biding his time with us and really did nothing over there. His aggression will be welcomed but it must be measured as he must cut out the penalties he gives away. Let hope he works out ok.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    Expect - more of the same, some good games mixed with a lot of ill discipline and time on the sidelines. He has not show improvement over the last couple of years and is 26 so in the what you see is what you get category.

I would like to see him mature into a good prop and be worth what we are paying him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    I have no expectations. I'd pick Jake, Myles, BJ and Starling in front of him. So for me he is NSW cup at the moment. Hopefully we haven't paid a lot of money for him.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. maxta

maxta Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Toowoomba, Queensland
    Ratings:
    +2,345 / 56
    I expect his best season yet....ppl forget he was a quality local junior who lost his way in 2 areas
    1 - Let his aggressive game take over his natural talent, leading to silly penalties & errors.
    2 - His biggest backward step - went to Parramatta
    I can validate 100% he never wanted to leave Manly
    His heart is at Manly & now he is surrounded by outstanding leaders & other tough players, has nothing to prove except he is a quality player.
    Can concentrate on playing hard, intimidating footy without crossing the red line of stupidity...also watch his 2nd phase play, as he does have a great offload I'm confident Barrett will bring out.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. PONTIAN SEA EAGLE

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +948 / 80
    A new coaching staff will almost be like a new start for him.With new players around him & a few wins under our belts could get the best out of him.

8. Disco

Disco Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,233 / 37
    I think he has all the attributes to really step up

But I guess we will see

9. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,112 / 287
    He's so, so underrated by those around here. I cannot wait to see him on fire, make the City Origin side, and blow everyone away. This kid has size, mobility, aggression. I'd bet Barrett gets the most out of him.

And @Chip and Chase laugh at @Brookvale2015 mate all you like.I reckon you'll be pleasantly surprised. I think he'll be at least pushing for a starting spot over Myles 5-6 games in.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,338 / 60
    The moment that most sums up the downside of Lussick is the battle of Brookvale. Great that he is not intimidated. Not great that he lacks self-control.

Nate Miles is as tough as they come, but he controls it. He's smart tough. Until Lussick matures into a Miles mindset he'll continue being a loose cannon.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Lord Eagleton

Lord Eagleton Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +835 / 24
    Being back in the Manly environment will be great for his game i think.
    I expect him to make a solid impact to the go forward (assuming he will come from the bench), as well as maintaining or elevating the aggression levels once on the field.

Like that Glen Hall comparison Loobs. If he can replicate what Hall did for the team circa '08 he will be going damn well

12. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    I hope you are right, but personally I think he is so far from Origin standard at the moment I couldn't help but find that funny. Maybe I should have went with optimistic instead. Let's see how his head space is and whether his time under the Dalai has taken his game to that next level. We could do with some controlled aggression and size, so I'm hoping he will live up to potential. Hopefully he will bring his mate Eddie Obeid along with some TPA's as well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. midsteyne

midsteyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +574 / 12
    he looks the alpha dog in the team photo, bigger than i remembered and a mean as cat**** look in his eye,if he can control his aggression,he is plenty big enough to go forward,loving this team:)

14. Crusher_Cleal

Crusher_Cleal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +555 / 17
    Impact off the bench. Nothing more, nothing less.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Wombat Legacy

Wombat Legacy Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,906 / 114
    Firstly, Myles has starting spot for as long as he wants it.
    Last chance saloon for Darcy-unless he realises his potential next two seasons, he will be an NRL nomad or end up in the Old Dart drinking pints with all the other wasted talent.
    I do believe he can do it-so I tip him to be our best signing this season. Stack of potential but a little thin between the ears. Fulton's disciplined style coaching ( I mean Barrett's :) ) will suit him down to the ground. Come Darc 2016 is your moment man

16. IQofalimabean

IQofalimabean Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 11
    In his first year at parra he was good. Maybe a fresh start in an environment with good work ethic will iron out any problems. At his best regularly playing well, he is a starter at lock/prop. At his worst nsw cup or bench.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  17. Pepi

Pepi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +318 / 20
    I Watched him closely after we signed him. Without any exaggeration he is the most immobile defender in the game.
    He will miss plenty of tackles around the ruck and is a big arm grabber.
    I wanted to like him but what I have seen cannot be unseen.

• Informative Informative x 2
  18. Sea Eagle 4 Life

Sea Eagle 4 Life Active Member

Ratings:
    +262 / 6
    That's how Doesntmatta teaches its players to tackle.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,795 / 122
    Defence is my main concern too. His lateral movement and leg speed looked ponderous a few times I saw him for the Eels.

20. mosto

mosto Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +992 / 10
    I've no doubt he and the club can curb his aggression. Unfortunately they can not change the perception of the officials. Once someone is deemed a loose cannon, they are penalised / suspended at every opportunity, regardless if they change their ways eg Matai. I'm worried Lussick has been labelled as such.

• Agree Agree x 3