LUSSICK

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

c eagle

Reserve Grader
Do any of you guys think we are a hope of retaining Lussick, with an ageing front row we should try to keep the kid, but i realise we wont be able to keep them all........and if so, forans decision hopefully is made early so we dont lose guys we may have been able to keep.

I think we have more than a hope. We'd have to be favourites to keep him. Being a local product should work in our favour.

Moondog said:
I think we have more than a hope. We'd have to be favourites to keep him. Being a local product should work in our favour.
Darcy has declared Manly is where he wants to be long term - meaning its the most probable outcome. This is direct information.
The prob we face is the outlandish offers some of the bottom clubs are willing to make to players with potential & limited game time. Imo Darcy should be a priority signing & soon.

It is not going to get any easier keeping him off Parra signing list with Hindmarsh retiring

It may be that Kite may go the the UK at the end of this year and that Joe may also retire. David Williams will not be re-signed if he gets another bad injury so with the extra salary cap expected from the TV rights we should have enough to sign both snake. Foran and Lussick.

I think Foran, Stewart are the priorities. Lussick hasn't done enough yet. (understand he is young and had limited NRL time) all the hype stems from his size and 'potential, And excitement around him being a local junior.

Lock up the known goods first.

Nicola Eagle said:
I think Foran, Stewart are the priorities. Lussick hasn't done enough yet. (understand he is young and had limited NRL time) all the hype stems from his size and 'potential, And excitement around him being a local junior.

Lock up the known goods first.
Lussick has the goods and we have a good chance of retaining him

Moondog said:

Just like it did with Hoppa? I hope we keep him, but he is going to be offered some serious cash to leave and we probably aren't going to be in the ball park.

If he has a brain in his head (or if his manager has same) they will stay a million miles away from from that dump.

Bronco's are the only team he should consider and if he doesnt want to leave NSW, well Manly is a nice place.

kurri eagle said:
Lussick is gone to Parra
IF this is true things have only changed in the last 2-3 weeks.
What is your source??
You may well be thinking of his younger brother who has gone there.

I hope he stays, but am not confident at all. I'm sure he wants to stay but so did Hodkinson and so did Hoppa, but at the end of the day the offers from the other clubs were too good to refuse and I have a feeling that he'll get similar offers. News of Hindy probably retiring gives the Eels a chunk of change to play with.

Parra have hayne, hoppa, sandow all on massive salaries. I don't think parra have much if any cash to throw at anyone. Unless they have the lucky clubs that have the luxury of no salary cap.

kurri eagle said:
MK Eagle said:
kurri eagle said:
Lussick is gone to Parra
IF this is true things have only changed in the last 2-3 weeks.
What is your source??
You may well be thinking of his younger brother who has gone there.

He will be following his brother .
He will be staying put with his Premiership winning brothers

MissKate said:
Parra have hayne, hoppa, sandow all on massive salaries. I don't think parra have much if any cash to throw at anyone. Unless they have the lucky clubs that have the luxury of no salary cap.

Absolutely agree. Parra couldn't have any room in their cap.

The Who said:
MissKate said:

Ok lets see what happens .

The Who said:
MissKate said:

We've got our own fair share of players on big money as well. Opposition clubs don't target other players unless they can know they can offer them something worthwhile. Especially our players as they know they all like playing here and we are successfull and its going to take plenty of cash to leave. All clubs keep tabs on who is on what money and they will know how much room we have in our cap as much as they know how much they have left in theirs. Parra will offer a lot more than we will, they have a lot more deadwood on their list and it wouldn't take much to free them up for some quality players like Darcy.

Hopefully he'll stay, but I think its just wishful thinking that he won't get offered a bucketload of cash to move.

Masked Eagle said:
Moondog said:

Just like it did with Hoppa? I hope we keep him, but he is going to be offered some serious cash to leave and we probably aren't going to be in the ball park.
I doubt Lussick will be attracting the same offers as Hoppa, not having played rep. footy or many first grade games. Hoppa may well have stayed with us if the decision was solely his. I feel he was put under pressure to go with the big money offer. If a premiership means anything to Lussick he'll realize his best chance is to stay where he is.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6