Lussick ends league career

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

weev

Bencher
In shock breaking news, Lussick has decided to retire from the top level of rugby league.

He has turned his back on competing and foregone all goals of winning and achieving.

At the end of this season Lussick's footy career ends.

Lussick has signed a three year deal with the Eels.

To me he comes across as the type of player who needs a great coach to guide him. I'm not sure Kearney is the right man for that role.

Lussick has massive potential IMO but I have doubts over his attitude and being able to fulfil that potential.

Lussick is the first player in the last 25 years who has gone to Parramatta thinking that the move would improve his career. The rest has just gone because Parra pay overs for their players.

Parra probably also told him that they have his brother Joey in line to be the next Peter Sterling after Sandow. bahabahabaha

lismore_fan said:
Pittwater Legend said:
I'm not sure Kearney is the right man for that role.

Is Kearney the right man for coaching anyone to the next level?
His credentials haven't proved it yet.

Kearney might have some value but not as a head coach. The Parramatta side look poorly conditioned and don't look motivated. Alot of that has to do with how Kearney prepares and trains his team.

If the Eels weren't so despised you'd almost feel sorry for them. They blew golden opportunities to be premiers in 2001 and 2005. Had the 2001 side got up it would have been one of the most remarkable seasons any club has had. Since 2006 though they have been a joke. I think it's obvious that their player recruitment is the worst in the NRL. They also lack a solid plan for success.

eagles2win said:
2001 side will probably go down as the greatest ever side not to win a premiership (legally)

It was like all the other teams played a joke on the Eels. They must have made a pact and said no one run at Jason Taylor until the GF.

I think if attitude is his issue going to a place like the eels will only make it worse. The decision has to be purely based on money.

If he had stayed on at Manly in another year or 2s time he would of been the main prop in a very succesfull team. Then the bigger money contracts would also come for him however he has made his decision and good luck to him , the potential is there depends wether his head is scrwed on enough to reach it!

Anyone who believes he went there to further his career probably also believes:
1. Greg Inglis had no idea how his boat got there;
2. Craig Thomson is an honest family man who has been framed; and
3. News Ltd is a reputable organisation.

I read that The Slime have signed a half from The Storm. Weird. Lussick will fade and maybe we can buy him back in a few years time, or then again maybe not. He's obviously an idiot.

eagles2win said:
2001 side will probably go down as the greatest ever side not to win a premiership (legally)

The 1995 Manly side that lost to the dogs was the greatest side not to win a premiership

If I was Parra (and thank God I'm not) I'd not worry about a fringe first grader like Lussick and I'd try to attract a player of the calibre of Luke Lewis. If they can afford $850,000 for Hoppa Jnr then Lewis would be worth $1-M. You could build a good forward pack around Lewis, and he'd attract other good players. He'd give that team some spirit . . .
although Parra has ruined plenty of careers in the past.
I regard Lewis as a Manly type of player, not dissimilar to Ben Kennedy.

Career suicide. Just ask Shackleton and Poore. Poor kid. He'll enjoy the extra cash for about 5 minutes, until the **** hits the fan.

As I said to the bloke, "you made your choice, you have to live by the consequence".

The "character" of the place is retiring this year.

I shudder to think what a basket case the place will be next season.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6