Lussick Effect

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Does Darcy offer much...
I think coming home will show the real Lussick & if Barrett can reduce his errors & penalties, will be a valuable member of the top 17.
Has aggression, can hit in defence & offload in traffic creating quality 2nd phase.
Probably lost behind bigger name signings but could well leave a great impact by seasons end.
If judged on his efforts at Parra, hard to get excited, but as a Manly boy, offers much more than the wasted last 2 seasons.

If he can play with ''çontrolled' aggression and work on his discipline then he can have a huge impact for us. Still young enough to get the ''Parramatta Hoodoo" out of his system.

I remember Darcy before he went to Parra and he looked very promising. There may be truth that there is something in the Eels drink that is sapping their energy or something, because he was never the same player there as he was at Manly. Hopefully he'll start drinking Eagles water and regain his strength and mongrel.

Does Darcy offer much...
I think coming home will show the real Lussick & if Barrett can reduce his errors & penalties, will be a valuable member of the top 17.
Has aggression, can hit in defence & offload in traffic creating quality 2nd phase.
Probably lost behind bigger name signings but could well leave a great impact by seasons end.
If judged on his efforts at Parra, hard to get excited, but as a Manly boy, offers much more than the wasted last 2 seasons.

for me that says it all

He will add meters and size to the forward pack. Worse case situation a big upgrade on hasson and more likely a better option than lui and sao.

From Rugby League Project - Darcy made 7 appearances in 2011, a year we won. 2012 he made 24 appearances playing. He has played in 3 finals in the maroon and white as well as representing NSW City.
From his wiki - in his first year at Parramatta he was awarded their Ken Thornett NRL Players' Player Medal.
A 26 y.o. local junior who has been exposed to our winning culture, and seen how green the grass isn't away from us.
You have to think he now has a great opportunity to contribute on and off the field, learning from players like Myles, and building with the young guns like Jake and Liam.

^ Agreed. He was really impressive when he started out for us and I was very sorry to him go. But he underachieved at Parramatta, like plenty of others before and after him. Here's hoping coming home will do the trick and get him back to his best. I still think he has plenty of potential.

Darcy just needs a disciplinarian. Maguire, Bellyache would have him firing. Barrett it's a great unknown. Tis good to hear he is training the house down even before preseason. If he has known him his entire life, Bozo probably knows exactly what string to pull to make him work. Same with Will Hoppa.

Darcy just needs a disciplinarian. Maguire, Bellyache would have him firing. Barrett it's a great unknown. Tis good to hear he is training the house down even before preseason. If he has known him his entire life, Bozo probably knows exactly what string to pull to make him work. Same with Will Hoppa.

maybe barret learnt a thing or two from nathan brown, a few slaps across the face whenever he stuffs up & he'd be good to go@:smirk:

Darcey has potential to be a good first grader. But all the way throughhis career he has been undisiplined and suspended. He can be fit and train more than anyone else but untill he his mentally disiplined on and off the field he should be and is only a fringe player. His time at parra has probablyonly haulted his development. I wish him success, immediate sucess but im very cautious that he will have it in 2016.

I can't say that I hold much hope for him. 5 years ago he showed promise, so to suddenly expect that to happen after so long seems strange. He is 26 so what you see is what you get.A few hard runs and tacklesper game, lots of niggle, dropped balls and penalties and a few stints watching from the stands.

He will be behind Myles, Turbo, Lawrence and Starling so as your 5th prop he sits pretty good on paper, that is probably where we need to look at it. He will play around a dozen games next year is my guess.

We have Taupau who can fill the roll much better and Turbo's defence leaves Lussick for dead.

Lets wait & see...wont be the first or last player to fall away at Parramatta....at 26 should be in his prime & as a low key signing, could play a bigger part than some think based on playing 50% of his ability at a dud club....judge come June 2016.

Lets wait & see...wont be the first or last player to fall away at Parramatta....at 26 should be in his prime & as a low key signing, could play a bigger part than some think based on playing 50% of his ability at a dud club....judge come June 2016.

It's the great unknown.

I wish him all the very best, I had a little to do with him when he was with us and he's a top guy, although I know he got hammered by, and slagged back at, a lot of Manly fans when he signed with Doesntmatta.

I also see his role different to a plodder - a bloke who will come on & potentially intimidate the opposition as in comparison to Starling who is a workhorse & Lawrence who after serious back issues, would surprise to even get on the field...obviously Kapow is the real fear factor but Darcy could provide good backup when the heat is on

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4