1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lussick and harrison

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Disco, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Disco

Disco Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,233 / 37
    Today's herald states they are getting 450k and 300k respectively........is that right?

Cause if so bloody good on them, take the money boys.

I'm a lussick fan but 450k is way over the top and Harrison is no more than a fringe first grader, 300k is absurd.

Now I read they are going to throw 700k a year at Tolman.........I mean if ever there was a model on how not to run a football club it parra

• Like Like x 1
  2. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

NSW
    Ratings:
    +1,319 / 47
    Sounds like no one is driving the bus doesn't it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Crusher_Cleal

Crusher_Cleal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +555 / 17
    Harrison is playing for Wenty's for crikes sake!

4. deadlyeagle

deadlyeagle Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    300k could be over a 3 yr period

5. MissKate

MissKate Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,021 / 7
    suppose it's ok if you don't have a salary cap to adhere to, paying this sort of money to players, you wouldn't be able to afford a whole team

6. Clint

Clint . Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,654 / 14
    I think that is per annum.

7. Manly1973

Manly1973 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Wonder if a fuel card and M2 pass was included enjoy the travel boys if your still living in god’s country. LOL and LOL at Parramatta

8. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Lussick was reportedly offered 250-270,000 last year, probably in the same newspaper too. Shows how accurate these journos are

• Like Like x 1
  9. seaeagledave

seaeagledave Active Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 2
    Their issue is that no-one wants to play there so they need to pay overs to get some. The idea is that when they get a few, others will then consider going for normal coin. With Hopa, Tolman and a few others coming things may be looking up.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    We should find it really easy to recruit players and it should be easy for us to convince players to say. We have one list which says, players that came from no where at other clubs to have a long and successfull career, and then another list which says players that left. How many players that have kicked on here should make players knocking down our doors wanting to come to the Northern Beaches and anyone who wants a successfull career would alot more than a few extra bucks to change clubs.

11. Disco

Disco Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,233 / 37
    Tolman is a hood player but not the right fit for parra on that sort of money.

He is too similar to mannah, they need an enforcer type frontrower, not a worker

12. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,631 / 74
    Harrison was pretty solid for us, in our structures. I think his brother was the prize parra were after though. Same with Darcy to some extent, his little brother is another prize. Some strategy with that recruitment that may pay off.
    [hr]
    The hoppa brother strategy paid off to some extent too, although we got jamil back obviously.

Parra targeting manly families lol.

13. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    Strategy and recruitment in the same breath as Parramatta just doesn't make sense.

• Like Like x 1
  14. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,834 / 103
    I'm sure those mooted salaries are over-egged, but Parra needs to forget about imported players and start using their own juniors. They can't do any worse than get beaten 50-nill, and they might in time develop some local team spirit. Also, they would not exceed the salary cap if they stuck with their juniors, as I'm sure they currently will be doing when Hoppa Jnr, Norman, Sandow etc. are there next year.

15. StuBoot

StuBoot Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +795 / 7
    A hood player?
    No wonder he plays for the Dogs!

I'll play with my peeps and homies down at the 'hood.

16. Andrew..

Andrew.. Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Alstonville
    Ratings:
    +1,899 / 27
    Lussick and Harrison were always only going to be bandaid solutions for Parra.....I also think signing Stuart on as coach was reactive rather than proactive.

For a club with such a huge nursery they have a really poor track record for identifying local talent...the place is a basket case and it's going to take years to turn it around.

In regards to Tolman I actually hope he signs with them, not because I give a rats about their club....I just know it will piss the bulldogs off.

17. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    No way are they real figures. Parra may pay overs, but $300k for Harrison is not right.

• Like Like x 1
  18. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,241 / 131
    The $850k figure for Hoppa is correct so why wouldn't the other figures for Lussick and Harrison be correct as well?

Parra have more money than brains so nothing would surprise.

19. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,792 / 122
    Well spotted Garts

[​IMG]

20. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,400 / 130
    I can assure you that is not a 1 year figure, most likely 2 years

Its highly unlikely any front rower in the comp is on that sort of money. Scott and Burgess maybe.

I would doubt Watmough and Glenn Stewart would be earning much more than that.