1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lussick and Buhrer

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by winnyason, Oct 11, 2011.

1. winnyason

winnyason Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +508 / 37
    These are the 2 i believe the dogs may go after any thoughts.

2. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Now that Toovs and Cliffy have been appointed , such matters mightn't occur. The club will settle and we will soldier on. Remember we can't keep everyone, especially if we go B2B. They all become just to expensive to keep.

3. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    Buhrer has stated in the past that he has always been a Manly fan and it was his dream to play for Manly. Toovey should promise him more the 8 minutes game time a week to stay.

4. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Darcy I don't think will want to go anywhere either from what I gather he loves the beaches too

5. Meeha

Meeha New Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    These are the two LEAST likely to leave

6. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,413 / 130
    There services need to be sured up along with Foran, DCE, TRex, Whare and Riccardi.

7. the mauler

the mauler Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,653 / 25
    If anything Ferris would be a little pissed at how Des has used him during the year. Imo it's as if Des doesn't quite have total faith in him and only uses him as a last resort.
    As for Lussick I'm sure 2012 will be his breakout year. If they've finally got their act together in the front office theyl extend both guys contracts before season begins. Both their stocks set to soar next year let's lock them away now!

8. mickyj

mickyj Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0
    Riccardi is the most likley to go IMO
    Dogs need a play maker and he might take the chance to play NRL

9. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    The retention committee in some ways has been disappointing in the timing of signings imo. The fact is that the faith Des has shown in players has consistently shown to be 100% correct. They should listen and move quickly to tie up recommendations long before they show that the faith is right on the field and we end up paying overs.

10. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    He can join the long list of great halfbacks to join the Bulldogs from Manly and have their careers skyrocket to superstardom. Aaron Groom... Dogkinson...Next please.

11. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    We might lose some fringe players, but that's footie. I'm just after financial stability and a re-vamped Brookvale. And I'm pleased to read Penn is talking to Abbott about that. My only concern is Zorba and his mischief making, if he gets on the board of anything connected.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Terry-Randal

Terry-Randal Active Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0
    I thought buhrer was re signed already?

13. Ceagle

Ceagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +238 / 3
    The Rouse Hill Times is reporting that Manly utility Jamie Buhrer has signed a 3-year extension with the club.

14. Eagles2nv

Eagles2nv New Team, New Beginnings 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,414 / 35
    Yeah, bruhrer judt signed a 3 yr extention

http://www.zerotackle.com.au/jamie-buhrer-signs-extension-sea-eagles-4355/

15. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Hasn't Lussick's brother been signed by Parra ? so not sure how deep the Manly loyalty runs through the family.

Also Darcy got Des's premiership ring, so maybe the loyalty might be stronger there.

16. mcatt

mcatt Active Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    Darcy's father jokingly said to the Manly Daily that his younger son must be the milk man's because the family is maroon and white through and through.

We don't pay juniors much, so the money was probably much better, not to mention he is a halfback. He signed before they got Sandow, so at the time he probably saw parramatta as an easier path to the NRL as opposed to a club with DCE and Riccardi in front of him.

17. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Darcy is in Bali atm, hopefully he signs on his return

18. the mauler

the mauler Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,653 / 25
    I heard Crusher in an interview a while back saying parra offered Joey Lussick ten times what manly could offer him. Parra don't mind paying overs.
    Then again they'd have 2 or no one would go there.

19. mcatt

mcatt Active Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    Yeah, the thing is it may have been 10 times more, but that was probably still only $25,000. We have very limited money for juniors, our offer probably would have been a small sign on fee and an opportunity in our lower grades.

• Like Like x 2
  20. castle eagle

castle eagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

newcastle
    Ratings:
    +653 / 6
    i think they will be chasing foran-they need a 5/8.