Luke feared for neck in Ennis tackle.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagleheart

Bencher
Luke feared for neck in Ennis tackle
By Michael Chammas
Sept. 1, 2014, 10 p.m.

South Sydney will argue that Issac Luke feared he could have suffered a serious neck injury when he lashed out at Michael Ennis last Thursday night.

http://www.coomaexpress.com.au/story/2529430/luke-feared-for-neck-in-ennis-tackle/?cs=12

RE: What the.......? Luke feared for neck in Ennis tackle.

A better excuse would have been Ennis is a cock and the refs asked me to kick his head in

Thing is - you are allowed to kick Ennis in the face. He deserves it and its been sanctioned by the NRL judiciary. Game on.

I gave him 2 Dally M points for the kick. Would have gotten 3 if he knocked him clean out!

Seriously though, didn't deserve a suspension in my book. Just one of those physical reactions to the situation his body was in. If Slater doesn't get suspended for kicking blokes in the head when he takes a bomb then this doesn't deserve to be either.

poor little baby was scared. Are men playing the game these days or little girls? Can you imagine Bob Fulton coming out and stating that he feared for his safety on the field?

Snake said:
poor little baby was scared. Are men playing the game these days or little girls? Can you imagine Bob Fulton coming out and stating that he feared for his safety on the field?
Wonder if you'd still be mr tough guy as you're bent backwards being held by 2 blokes with 90kg of pressure on your neck !!

KE, you know it was a bull**** excuse that has set a dangerous precedent.

Anytime you are in a "dangerous" situation you are now allowed to do anything. Biting is now ok is you are struggling for air and "fear for your life" or the old squirrel grip during a grapple.

Maybe we should put a pre-emptive strike on and use the old crow bar *WOOOSHKA* on any players with history of dangerous tackles because we "fear for our lives".

Fluffy said:
KE, you know it was a bull**** excuse that has set a dangerous precedent.

Anytime you are in a "dangerous" situation you are now allowed to do anything. Biting is now ok is you are struggling for air and "fear for your life" or the old squirrel grip during a grapple.

Maybe we should put a pre-emptive strike on and use the old crow bar *WOOOSHKA* on any players with history of dangerous tackles because we "fear for our lives".

You're right Fluffy, I just wrote similar in the "Rant" thread.
Let's see what happens if someone throws an elbow as they're getting their shoulder popped in a chicken wing tackle.

I don't have an issue with the reasoning tbh, a player should be allowed to defend himself in situations like that

There are a lot of what ifs being thrown around, but what if Luke did nothing and Ennis kept going on with it and he cracked his neck ?

Not sure whether he should have been suspended or not, but fair enough to defend himself imo

Kiwi Eagle said:
Snake said:
Wonder if you'd still be mr tough guy as you're bent backwards being held by 2 blokes with 90kg of pressure on your neck !!

If you think Luke was genuine in his concerns, and not simply manipulating the judiciary process, then I fear for your safety getting out of bed in the morning to dress yourself.

Kiwi Eagle said:
I don't have an issue with the reasoning tbh, a player should be allowed to defend himself in situations like that

There are a lot of what ifs being thrown around, but what if Luke did nothing and Ennis kept going on with it and he cracked his neck ?

Not sure whether he should have been suspended or not, but fair enough to defend himself imo

well it wasn't even deemed a dangerous tackle since Ennis was not charged so any tackle that you "could" get injured in is now fair game according to this precedent.

Snake said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Snake said:

If you think Luke was genuine in his concerns, and not simply manipulating the judiciary process, then I fear for your safety getting out of bed in the morning to dress yourself.

Of course it was used as a reason, but to suggest you are a baby for not being comfortable with all your bodyweight being forced onto your neck and lashing out in some way to protect yourself is stupidity

Didn't Watmough also suggest he was fearful or scared after we played the storm down there and he got lifted up 3-4 times ?

Fluffy said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

well it wasn't even deemed a dangerous tackle since Ennis was not charged so any tackle that you "could" get injured in is now fair game according to this precedent.

Mate I wouldn't be using what the judiciary do and don't charge as any argument, we know their history in these decisions

If Matai swung out and elbowed Burgess in the head as they were twisting his shoulder out you would have had Matai suspended ?

yes, either that or you allow players to dictate their own punishments for "dangerous" tackles as they see fit

Clearly an attempted crusher type tackle by Ennis. A lot of pressure was being applied to Luke's neck so he lashed out to free himself as any player would to protect himself. Ennis should have been charged but the MRC and judiciary are hopeless so that explains why this one turned into another fiasco.

mickqld said:
Clearly an attempted crusher type tackle by Ennis. A lot of pressure was being applied to Luke's neck so he lashed out to free himself as any player would to protect himself. Ennis should have been charged but the MRC and judiciary are hopeless so that explains why this one turned into another fiasco.

It just keeps getting worse and worse doesn't it Mick, they, and the refs are the laughing stock of the game at present.

Firstly, think Isaac Luke is a grub.

I also hate Souths more than I've hated any other team ever. They're a dirty team, dirtier than Melbourne have ever been. I'd also love nothing more than to see one of their best rubbed out for the season.

But! He had every right to lash out at Ennis. Ennis had every opportunity to let go of his legs and lay on top of him or at least leave his legs vertical, taking pressure off his neck/back. He didn't, any player would have pushed with their legs to try and get the player of them to prevent injury.

No suspension deserved.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6