Lowe

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
He is a good bloke from what I hear
Ok then, how the **** does a taxi driver become the CEO of an NRL franchise without the relevant tertiary qualifications that most other organisations would deem a non negotiable aspect of that role?

One would ask the same about the CEO of Dominos and so on

Dan link said:
The CEO of Dominos ect would have worked their way up the corporate chain. The ability to read road signs and turn on a taxi meter, won't bring us a major sponsor I'm afraid.

WAMF link said:
[quote author=BErKeLEy_eAgLe link=topic=186420.msg315105#msg315105 date=1297409217]
He is a good bloke from what I hear
Ok then, how the f**k does a taxi driver become the CEO of an NRL franchise without the relevant tertiary qualifications that most other organisations would deem a non negotiable aspect of that role?

[/quote]

Ray Hadley also was a taxi driver :)

WAMF link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=186420.msg315108#msg315108 date=1297409656]
The CEO of Dominos ect would have worked their way up the corporate chain. The ability to read road signs and turn on a taxi meter, won't bring us a major sponsor I'm afraid.
[/quote]

it would if the GPS was down and the management team were on their way to a meeting with a potential sponsor!

Chip & Chase link said:
Did Arko have any \"relevant tertiary qualifications\" ??
he was a legend, that was all that was needed.

haha

To be fair it wasn't the business it is now, when Arko was in charge. I figure it's old school management in a new business world, hard really to compare, CEO's of that era to now

Arko had everyone's respect, plus he had friends in very high places.
It wasn't all about corporate governance and selling million dollar sponsorship packages back then. Players were paid a pittance in comparison to modern day and the majority of that pittance came from the leagues club.
Times have changed and so must the Sea Eagles.

It's a well known fact that both Max Delmege and Scott Penn were taxi drivers aswell.

These days to be successful at a job taxi driving is one of the major requirements.

Twiggy Forrest, Clive Palmer, the Packers and Murdochs all started off as cab drivers.

swoop link said:
It's a well known fact that both Max Delmege and Scott Penn were taxi drivers aswell.

These days to be successful at a job taxi driving is one of the major requirements.

Twiggy Forrest, Clive Palmer, the Packers and Murdochs all started off as cab drivers.

Going by that logic perhaps we should employ a rickshaw driver as our CEO.

To be honoust WAMF i think you are disregarding all of lowes achivements in NZ on the business front and basing your argument on no facts at all.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2