Lowe quitting ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
a rumour from twitter

Wow! Manly Daily is reporting that Manly CEO Graham Lowe is stepping down from the position.

need link

RE: Lowe quitting

i was right i predicted this on friday night

Bones !!!!!

Cambo said:
i was right i predicted this on friday night

Bones !!!!!

Wow.... if true then I'll start scraping the omelette off my face after yesterday's comments re "put it in the Manly Daily Graham". Very definitely worthy of proper announcement.

The reason perhaps? Maybe health and family coming first? Anyway best wishes to Graham Lowe for the future if this report is correct.

Which poor bastaed gets the job now? He'll never be good enough for this club!

id have to say lowe has probably done what was needed, he has seen the club through a time where we had owners who didnt get on and managed to reunite the boardroom. In the modern game (business) he probably doesnt have all the skills required to be a CEO but you could never knock his passion or effort although some on here will try too.

Wonder what if Grant Mayer is on their hit list to come back.
Hope so

Cambo said:
id have to say lowe has probably done what was needed, he has seen the club through a time where we had owners who didnt get on and managed to reunite the boardroom. In the modern game (business) he probably doesnt have all the skills required to be a CEO but you could never knock his passion or effort although some on here will try too.

Hope so

Mayer's contribution to our success is greatly overrated IMO.

Masked Eagle said:
Cambo said:

Hope so

Mayer's contribution to our success is greatly overrated IMO.

How?????

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Thehill said:
Tooves would be awesome...

I'm not sure if it should go to an ex-player, or ex-anything football related. The business side of the club needs to be run as a business, by a business person. Leave the football side of things to the footballers.

It's the same in most businesses, the CEO doesn't need to know how to run the individual departments, he just needs to be able to run the business as a whole.

Even Lou Zivanovic from the Panthers has said "Jobs for The Boys" should stop.

Brookie4eva said:
Thehill said:

I'm not sure if it should go to an ex-player, or ex-anything football related. The business side of the club needs to be run as a business, by a business person. Leave the football side of things to the footballers.

It's the same in most businesses, the CEO doesn't need to know how to run the individual departments, he just needs to be able to run the business as a whole.

The only reason I think Tooves is a bit different is due to his experience as an NRMA board member. Whether the skills and experience he gained there would assist him in being a good CEO though I guess is the question.

Brookie4eva said:
Thehill said:

Toovey's credentials:
Qualified Accountant
Was a member of the NRMA board at one stage
Would know the workings of the club so it would give him an advantage

eagles2win said:
Brookie4eva said:
Thehill said:

Toovey's credentials:
Qualified Accountant

1st ever CEO that runs the water on game days :)

If true who ever takes over needs to do what Lowe did, and that was re sign a few players off contract, especially the younger players, this is about all Lowe did. If there is to be a new CEO, he needs to offer alot more than what Lowe did. Wish Lowe all the best !

I can't find this rumour anywhere, but if so good luck to him and hope he stays healthy for his family.

Can't see Tooves throwing his hat in the ring. IIRC he wasn't much interested in putting his hand up last time around either. Definitely seems as if he is keen to stick around as Des' understudy & continue plugging along with the football side of the operation.

Would love to get Mayer back but can't see it happening, he got dudded by the club the first time around & now has a nice cushy position with GWS (Who are probably paying a nice amount to keep him there). First rate CEO though & I'd love to have him back if we could.

eagles2win said:
Brookie4eva said:
Thehill said:

Toovey's credentials:
Qualified Accountant

Essentially, Toovey is no more qualified for the job than Lowe.
As Brookie4eva said, it should go to a businessman (or woman, I don't want to stir that one up), not an ex-footballer. This means that speculation on who might get the job is bollocks because it should probably be someone that 99% of us have never heard of.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6