Lowe on Talkinsport

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Anyone listening, could you put up a summary on here afterwards ???

We may hear Lowe on that station a lot, he and Hughes would be good mates, I grew up listening to them commentate the Winfield Cup

Basically didn't say anything new. Just conceded that we wouldn't keep all players next year (alluding to Perry) and hinted that Des gets what he wants, and he really rates Hodkinson.
Didn't really say anything that we didn't know..

Byso, the boys held off a fast finishing Cowgirls last Sunday.  The didn't crumble, and at this time we're coming second.  Not a bad effort for a bunch of second half crumbles.  Keep the faith.

We could possibly win the comp if only they cut this ****e out of the2nd halves.

No one should be happy with that drivel from last game. Especially the coaching staff.

True Byso, BUT with the mitigating factors of the loss of several regulars from last season and missing several key players for the most of the season gotta be happy with how we are positioned in the comp so far?

If we keep winning more than we lose I'd be OK with that

Let's not peak to early like saints we'll fix our second half problem as the weeks go on we'll have all our players back on board & be even fitter.

At the start of the season if you had told me we would be positioned in second after 12 rounds I would have thought you were crazy, i expected us to be middle of the pack, winning some but losing more.

I am absolutely extatic

I think our second half syndrome was put to rest against the Dragons. The boys know they are the goods and only do what they have to. This mentality has cost us a few free to air games but as long as they are confident they can beat anyone.

Ok I'm stoked that they won and the fact we are 2nd, just dissapointed with the errors in the 2nd halves. Especially the dropped bombs from Farrah, that shouldve been fixed by now.

you can fix it on the training paddock but farrah needs the confidence in the game. It could be just a switch for him, where something happens and he is right as rain. Look at Slater, hopeless under the high ball, but still makes for a good fullback.

I was pleased that Farrer caught the ball under intense pressure from a bomb in the in-goal against the Cows.  He's improving. 

I wonder if any of those bombs that he dropped or let go were the result of them coming down in amongst the glare from the floodlights?  It may give a reason why he was so hesitant to catch them because he couldn't see them.

Jethro link said:
I wonder if any of those bombs that he dropped or let go were the result of them coming down in amongst the glare from the floodlights?  It may give a reason why he was so hesitant to catch them because he couldn't see them.

Um, no.

Every other fullback in the comp puts up with the same lights.

It seems like if he knows he "HAS" to catch it he goes for it, hence the one in goals. However if it is in the field of play he seems more hesitant and like he is going to just see what happens, i.e trusts his tackling abilities more than his catching.

He is still doing a bloody good job back there all things considered

Yeah absolutely he is doing a great job, he is not a fullback.

And despite all of the things we all whinge about from time to time, we are in second spot. Plus we have not had a great run with injury this year, which is a credit to Des and the rest of the recruitment team.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4