Lowe on fox sports news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah I did. Did you like his last comment to the Chic? lol gold

It's difficult to know how he'll go. He's certainly old school though.

Scarily old school! It scared me how he was so blasé about new signings, and the stuff around Brett. Ech. 

Lol yes.. Cracked me up when he was chatting up the girls at the end. Kudos for that.

He stumbled over his words, and appeared extremelly old. But whatever - we are only allowed to say how wonderful he is. He's a great bloke - that's all that needs to be said.

Ryan link said:
He stumbled over his words, and appeared extremelly old. But whatever - we are only allowed to say how wonderful he is. He's a great bloke - that's all that needs to be said.
We see what we want to see?
I watched that segment and thought he did fine. He was not slick or glib in the interview, but I do not see that as a shortcoming providing he has substance, and I think he showed some of that with some of his answers. He was strong in commending Choc, didn't beat about the bush when discussing Brett Stewart case, and was extremely direct on the topic of re-signing players.

Most importantly, he was out there being visible for Manly.

Actually I was a little underwelmed by his effort.  Not sure what to make of his retention comment "If they stay they stay if they want to go - see ya"

Ryan link said:

Not at all.  But I think some probably get sick of the broken record you keep playing.  You really are like a dog with bone :)

Garts link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=182287.msg249337#msg249337 date=1263846531]

Not at all.  But I think some probably get sick of the broken record you keep playing.  You really are like a dog with bone :)
[/quote]

I see no problem with someone who feels a certain way, and displays that on a site specifically built with the intention of discussing these things.

And for the record, this site has been in operation for a very long time. There are 13 players, a coach, and management staff. If you divide the numbers of days the site has been in existence by the number of staff at Narabeen, well, just maybe some things are going to be repeated.

Additionally, I bring up various different things about one of those staff members. Some different topics include:-
1. Tenure;
2. Perception;
3. Ability;
4. Innovation;
5. Acquisition, retention and expulsion;
6. Behaviour

etc etc....

therefore, as there are only a nominal number of subjects being able to be discussed due to limited topical events, I believe my broad coverage of topics relating to Graham Lowe does not classify as a "broken record".
:)

We could relate that to every poster on these baords as well !

You're a complete dick Ryan.  Now I'm sounding like a broken record.  Let's just give the guy three months and see how he goes then.  If he's a dud. then I'll join you in your chorus line.  Wheel, on his comment re retention of players, that's what I think too, but I would have said,  "If they want to stay, all good, if they want out, then by all means go", but then again I'm not from New Zealand..     

Ouch - I'm a dick ! You cut me deep DSM, you cut me real deep right now !

I am to Graham Lowe as you were to Matt Orford. As for the three months - if he hadn't collapsed, hadn't needed recovery, hadn't needed a fill in etc - those three months would have had occured by now.

I gave the Dwarf a season or two before I got into him and my comments re his game were based on observation and analysis of his crap play.  Just give Lowe three months to see how he goes.  I'm not a fan, but we'll see.  Now get back to work!   

LoL.

Here's a tip DSM5. Analysis to who exactly, and what makes you the chief decision maker on a players ability and skill? I openly agree my theories on a players ability are generally off the mark, but you presume to be the talent scout that knows every technique the game has to offer.

Here's a tip. Ox would know more, can do more, will do more in rugby league, than you can ever do in one of your wet dreams.

I can list his credentials for you, again, but that just doesn't do anymore, because if you say he's not quality - then that's what it has to be.

Ryan link said:
[quote author=Garts link=topic=182287.msg249368#msg249368 date=1263859055]

[/quote]

I see no problem with someone who feels a certain way, and displays that on a site specifically built with the intention of discussing these things.

And for the record, this site has been in operation for a very long time. There are 13 players, a coach, and management staff. If you divide the numbers of days the site has been in existence by the number of staff at Narabeen, well, just maybe some things are going to be repeated.

Additionally, I bring up various different things about one of those staff members. Some different topics include:-
1. Tenure;
2. Perception;
3. Ability;
4. Innovation;
6. Behaviour

etc etc....

therefore, as there are only a nominal number of subjects being able to be discussed due to limited topical events, I believe my broad coverage of topics relating to Graham Lowe does not classify as a "broken record".

[/quote]

You are like a nagging old women ;D For the record I do not disagree with your view but I think we all know your view now.  But I guess it is the off season and we have little else to talk about!!!!

Garts link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=182287.msg249370#msg249370 date=1263860758]
[quote author=Garts link=topic=182287.msg249368#msg249368 date=1263859055]

[/quote]

1. Tenure;
2. Perception;
3. Ability;
4. Innovation;
6. Behaviour

etc etc....

[/quote]

You are like a nagging old women ;D For the record I do not disagree with your view but I think we all know your view now.  But I guess it is the off season and we have little else to talk about!!!!
[/quote]

I can deal with nagging old woman.

Ryan link said:
Here's a tip. Ox would know more, can do more, will do more in rugby league, than you can ever do in one of your wet dreams.

Same tip could be directed back at yourself with Lowe replacing Ox in the example :p

Ryan said "I believe my broad coverage of topics relating to Graham Lowe does not classify as a "broken record"."

No mate, it's definitely like a broken record.

After initially refusing to let them go, dogs sometimes bury their bones in the garden and then dig them up later. Can you just bury this one until at least March? As Garts said, we know your position.

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
We see what we want to see?
I watched that segment and thought he did fine. He was not slick or glib in the interview, but I do not see that as a shortcoming providing he has substance, and I think he showed some of that with some of his answers. He was strong in commending Choc, didn't beat about the bush when discussing Brett Stewart case, and was extremely direct on the topic of re-signing players.

Most importantly, he was out there being visible for Manly.
[/quote]

I agree he handled the topic of choc and matai well.. But like DSM5 said, his speech about re-signing players ("if you wanna stay, stay, if not, seeya") was seriously worrying.

I don't agree that being "out there and visible" is really important at all.. Would rather him focus on the club itself, settling in etc. rather than doing a fumble-y interview on FSN..

Reading DSM5's posts, you'd think Lowe had just descended from Mars and is a totally unknown commodity. 

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7