loved it.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
sometimes you just have to say,well done,the better side won in a fantastic game.loved buehrer,loved harrison and robinson,so much to like about the future for our team.souths will be a big threat this year.

well done boys.

Souths LHS attack is going to cause plenty of headaches for teams this year.

Buhrer has been farking awesome this year.  He runs, and runs well, tackles, scores tries.  Des was onto a winner with this boy.

yeah we lost but very proud of the boys. 6 of the top 17 players out and we still get close to rolling them so well done. Cant wait to see us at full strength I reckon we are still a big show if we can just get our top 17 on the field.

Loved it, is probably just a little too strong for me.

Proud of the fightback but disappointment is still my main emotion as I think its one we should have won if not for a few errors.

Losing Rose, Williams and Stewart just before kickoff is bad but considering what our run on team looked like I'm so glad the way we fought back. We were behind the 8 ball before we started but it's been a long time since we've had younsters come in and look comfortable in the top grade. Looking good for our future.

Masked Eagle link said:
Loved it, is probably just a little too strong for me.

Proud of the fightback but disappointment is still my main emotion as I think its one we should have won if not for a few errors.

Exactly how I feel. Not disappointed with the team, but its two points we could have banked but will now never get back.

Gould called it the best game he's seen this year. I'd rather it be the worst, but we win.

Yes, Souths played well and with Burgess back they could be even better, but not much. If Daly kicks that last one, them with the momentum Manly had, I think we run over the top of them and win.

There really is a lot to like about the side this year. You just get that feeling that they'll get better and better as the season unfolds. I hope Des is taking notice of the enthusiasm these young players are bring to the group.

I'm already looking forward to the Sharks game next week. Matai and hopefully Brett back in the side, plus more game time for Seu Seu subbing Ballin to speed up the ruck.

Good effort boys.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed about the loss, but it was encouraging that we slapped down three tries with about 10 to go!

It's games like these where you can't help but think "if only Cherry had kicked one or two more conversions...".

Bring on the Sharks next week I suppose.

I'll save the boring technical analysis for another day(if anyone cares) but loving the explosive light footed running of Buhrer straightening up and hitting holes. I was a little disappointed that Foran did not play the lead runner in the last try as Sandow actually slid outwards to the second man play to Hoppa----Buhrer hit the angled outside in run and into a hole probably going under the post.

All i will say is even with all the players out we should have won that game----we will lose most games where the intensity and discipline is evenly matched but i'll save that for another day dont want to appear always negative.

Technical Coach link said:
I'll save the boring technical analysis for another day

Thanks.

[quote author=Technical Coach link=topic=187253.msg329663#msg329663 date=1301660132]
we will lose most games where the intensity and discipline is evenly matched but i'll save that for another day.
Cant wait.

No problem Jatz----today i can live with the enjoyment of seeing some good up and coming players but there is that other part of me that just wants to take Dessie into a video analysis session and work miracles lol.(I am the greatest after all haha.....)

Technical Coach link said:
No problem Jatz----today i can live with the enjoyment of seeing some good up and coming players but there is that other part of me that just wants to take Dessie into a video analysis session and work miracles lol.(I am the greatest after all haha.....)

TIP: Dont stand next to the dressing room door when you do this.

swoop link said:
Losing Rose, Williams and Stewart just before kickoff is bad but considering what our run on team looked like I'm so glad the way we fought back. We were behind the 8 ball before we started but it's been a long time since we've had younsters come in and look comfortable in the top grade. Looking good for our future.

Rose and Williams should be looking over their shoulder, their replacements went well.

we were all shown a master class in footy today

no other team can play 68 minutes without a penalty

mickqld link said:
yeah we lost but very proud of the boys. 6 of the top 17 players out and we still get close to rolling them so well done. Cant wait to see us at full strength I reckon we are still a big show if we can just get our top 17 on the field.
The best part is that it is becoming less clear exactly who our top 17 players are. All the youngsters getting valuable experience and confidence so early in the season is a major boost to our depth.

i dont mean i enjoyed the loss.hated it.what i loved was the committment that has been lacking a bit over the last 2 years.

they were clearly the better side in a great game of football and we didnt deserve the win.not that i would have minded if we pinched it.

the players you wanted to see stand up(i.e the rookies) did just that.long term these games are really beneficial.we know how our senior guys can play,now we have a better insight into the future.I hate the old"rugby league was the winner" cliche but it sums it up perfectly here.

speaking to buhrers dad after the game, he wasnt impressed with the fact that they had so many late withdrawals, he said that jamie expects to be placed back in NSW cup after rodney and co come back, i replied with : no way Jamie is absolutely killing it !

Loved every minute from 1 to 79....hated the 80th.....but boy ther's a LOT to like about these kids, I can only see great things ahead if we can get everyone fit and with these boys in reserve...we'll be unstoppable.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6