Love your fellow silvertail

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have posted previously that I joined this site later than I had wanted to because of the ridiculous hostility that abounded, ironically at the time i found silvertails - probably like so many others that were looking for information.

Having read some if the garbage that has been thrown back and forth between users on this site lately ( most recently on a closed thread where a user went way too far [Mark from Brisbane you are always level headed and constructive] and there seemed to be a jokey bemoaned resignation about closing the thread down when it should have been nipped in the bud earlier) it is obvious to me that a few good people who want to talk about their beloved team and argue and debate within reason are being hijacked, baited, paranoid, vindictive, and just plain rude and obtuse, and I think a lot of previous trolling and the tumultuous media storm we have endured since last season could very well explain most of it.

I love this place and most of you and your thoughts and I have said some things here that didn't go down so well myself.

With all the trolling and bickering and paranoia about signings and resignings I think everyone needs to step back, gain some perspective and contribute to making this site as great as it should be.

The work that the mods and especially Dan do should not go unnoticed and the best way we can thank them for it is by making their job easier and being kind to each other.

Peace out bug lovers.

TEE

thank you for your support, its what im all about as well. Thankyou, i almost walked away over that thread. but i can see a majority of you all are decent people and the block button is very effective.

No problem. I am a NSWelshman but my wife and two daughters are all (through no fault of their own) Queenslanders. and it would diminish them to try and be otherwise.

Duff's comments were most likely originally written in jest and I think anyone reading them (or Duff's other humourously exaggerated posts) could at first discern that, but to carry on once he had clearly offended you and a good many other members of this forum was wrong.

I hope we all have more in our lives than this website and can remember to treat each other with a little respect. Like a lot of people here I have gone off the handle in some of my posts before but compromise and admitting when you may have been a little over passionate is not only healthy for the site and makes less work for the mods, it strengthens the relationships between users and creates a better space for us all to discuss what we love. Our brilliant footy team.

Thanks TEE good words. Whilst we all support the greatest team on the planet we are all different. Different in age , temperament , backgrounds and certainly different in the way we use forums to convey our thoughts. I am always very mindful that something you say " in jest" may well not be taken the same way by others.

Face to face I could could have a big smile on my face and say something to you and you'd just laugh, say the same thing here and might be taken in a totally different way.

I agree " love your fellow Silvertail" I love youse all, even if some of you say some dumb things at time.

Best to think before you type andover of all remember we are all Manly fans.

I havent read the comments by Duff but I have now seen some references to them. Time to seek them out.

My post here http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-FYI-Silvertails-Leadership-group?pid=426345#pid426345 sums up my thoughts on this sort of stuff

Suggesting that those that died in our recent natural disasters perished in the name of Darwinism, is highly offensive and extremist views of that nature, have no place at all on a footy forum.

TEE, great post.

I would certainly 100% agree with that WAMF

Agree with you 100% Volley....... Just because people dont currently live in the Manly area doesnt mean they dont deserve decent treatment. Volley had a low swing at me so im ignoring him. Dont need people like him around. My lifes too amazing. I was born in Mona Vale hospital in 67 and havefollowed Manly with a passion ever since. I think that makes me as much Manly as any one even if i currently live in Qld. Cheers have a great day.

I try to only post what I would say to someone face to face, unless i'm a little under the weather (which occurs from time to time) in which case I try to apologise asap.

C'mon QE01, origin is over.
I'll have no more Qld hate until we play one of them.

Right now i'll put crap on all the novacastrians for living in rubble city, having no jobs because the mines closed, being massive bong heads and having three kids before they're 18.

You are a bogan, a Newy bogan.
You're only happy on pension day.
Your Mum's out stealing.
Your Dad's drug dealing.
Oh please don't take my hubcaps away.

Remember people, feel the hate, give a gobfull to any knight fan you see. We have to be in fine form for when the stabbers invade Brookvale next week.

Duff said:

Right now i'll put crap on all the novacastrians for living in rubble city, having no jobs because the mines closed, being massive bong heads and having three kids before they're 18.

Your Mum's out stealing.
Your Dad's drug dealing.

Remember people, feel the hate, give a gobfull to any knight fan you see. We have to be in fine form for when the stabbers invade Brookvale next week.
OR some billy Joel:
And we're living here in Allen town and all the factories have closed down......

We don't have to love everyone just because they are a Manly fan, and we don't have to hate everyone just because they support a different team. Let alone because of where they live or were born. Those views have nothing to do with football and everything to do with dividing the masses against each other to the advantage of ... well, you already know very well who benefits from that Duff.

Hey everyone last night I posted some ordinary things about mr seagles on a couple of threads. I apologise need to follow my own advice. Don't think I went too far but the sad thing is I sort of thought he was a troll. Not sure where this idea came from (peobably too many sherberts) but I am sorry mr seagles (and sorry Ryan you were right to point out that i was a knob) Sometimes I get a bit aggressively defensive and optimistic about a bad loss like last night. No excuse though.

Top End Eagle said:
Hey everyone last night I posted some ordinary things about mr seagles on a couple of threads. I apologise need to follow my own advice. Don't think I went too far but the sad thing is I sort of thought he was a troll. Not sure where this idea came from (peobably too many sherberts) but I am sorry mr seagles (and sorry Ryan you were right to point out that i was a knob) Sometimes I get a bit aggressively defensive and optimistic about a bad loss like last night. No excuse though.

Don't feel bad as your opinion of mr seagles is probably held by plenty of other posters. Never seen after a win and comes in blazing after a loss. What do they call those types of people...?

ManlyBacker said:
Top End Eagle said:

Don't feel bad as your opinion of mr seagles is probably held by plenty of other posters. Never seen after a win and comes in blazing after a loss. What do they call those types of people...?
I could answer that mate but you would probably have to ban me :d

Duff said:

Your Mum's out stealing.
Your Dad's drug dealing.

you really are a brainless moron. you atacked friends of mine that died, u went to far mate. i wont say any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8