Looks like where close to signing Shane Rodney for 4 years

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
**** me some of you have an ability to whinge about every little move the club makes. Moan about having no depth when blokes like Morewood and co get a run and then moan about a good depth signing

Personally, would have rather kept Beaver for a year, but guess Rodney won't be on much next season anyway

The Melbourne were not after him point is just silly, they weren't after Josh Perry, Glenn Hall, David Williams or Heath L'Estrange either

Duff Wells is hardly a home grown product.

we cant field 17 local juniors every week.

Get out of the 60s FFS

tookey link said:
[quote author=King link=topic=178261.msg194707#msg194707 date=1219874359]
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=178261.msg194705#msg194705 date=1219872662]
Volley, these chump players have got us to a GF last year, and maybe a minor premiership this year. Remember, Des has a knack of turning reserve graders into board room players.

Shane Rodney was a fixture in The Panthers 2003 premiership squad - and he played very well that year.

This time round, I'll have faith in Des. I doubted Robertson. I doubted Hall. They turned out as guns.

Spot on Ryan, Des and Crusher obviously see something in him.

[/quote]

Obviously Des and chusher see something in all of our NSW cup players.  Problem is that 90% of them are rubbish and wouldn't make Fg. 

They saw something in Wells but he hasn't been sighted in FG.  Same with Jack A  who is now being released after two very ordinary years. 

The problem with Des is that he doesn't give the young guys a go.  He prefers to use guys like Willo who are past their use by date and drops someone like Cuthbo who at least offers some variety in attack and can take presssure off orford.  

St George and the dogs were after Rodney because they are desperate and no-one else will go to these clubs.  Melbourne were not after Rodney and they are the yardstick. 
[/quote]

Mate, you know I will always respect what you say, but in fairness to PL, we are coming 3rd in a competition that's got some pretty damned good kids in it. Plus, we haven't had a proper 5/8 all year in Halden being injured, and Bani has been in and out.

If he's a great defender and a good bloke, he'd be a perfect depth signing. That's the type of guy we need to fill gaps if someone gets injured. Look at Afamasaga, who is more of a ball runner but because he only played the odd game he was never made an impact in attack and just cost us points in defence.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
F**k me some of you have an ability to whinge about every little move the club makes. Moan about having no depth when blokes like Morewood and co get a run and then moan about a good depth signing

Personally, would have rather kept Beaver for a year, but guess Rodney won't be on much next season anyway

The Melbourne were not after him point is just silly, they weren't after Josh Perry, Glenn Hall, David Williams or Heath L'Estrange either

We are Australian's we like to whinge.  hehehehe ;D

mcatt link said:
What's with all the whinging? He has obviously been signed for depth purposes. He was a regular in the brilliant Penrith sides in 03-04 and has only played 16 games over the last 3 seasons due to injury, if he can get the injuries under control he could come good. We have had a decent track record with signings over the last few seasons.

You can't rely on an under 20s team which has not been in the top 8 all year, sure there is some talent in there but not enough to feel safe and not enough that are ready for consistent 1st grade.

Everyone whinged about Robertson, Hall, and some complained about Perry yet they have all been awesome for us. At worst he will play reserve grade on not a lot of money, at best he will kick on and play regular 1st grade. If Wayne Bennett was keen to sign him the I'm sure he has some talent. 

Mcatt!

Don't you realise that we on the forums know far more than the coaching and recruitment staff put in place at Manly football club?

Surely if the combined knowledge "apparently" contained on these forums was put in place to run the football club we would have another 5-10 premierships under our belt.

How dare you question the knowledge of nuffies on a footy forum compared to the staff at an NRL club.

How dare you! Give yourself an uppercut

Utility Player link said:
Nuffies ?

I believe the correct term as stated by Mr S Folkes of Bankstown is Nuff Nuffs  ;D

No! We are nuffies. Believe me , as king nuffie , I know we are nuffies.

nodd link said:
[quote author=Utility Player link=topic=178261.msg194748#msg194748 date=1219903530]
Nuffies ?

I believe the correct term as stated by Mr S Folkes of Bankstown is Nuff Nuffs  ;D

I'm a nympho. Does that count?

No! We are nuffies. Believe me , as king nuffie , I know we are nuffies.
[/quote]

What would be the point of having an opinion based forum and site about the Manly Sea Eagles and not whinging?

Dan link said:
What would be the point of having an opinion based forum and site about the Manly Sea Eagles and not whinging?

Whinge all you like.

Just don't pretend we know more than paid club employees.

I've coached an U18 side to a premiership, yet I don't think that entitles me to second guess NRL standard employees.

I think the staff employed at an NRL club know a bit more than we do?

Agreed?

tookey link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=178261.msg194739#msg194739 date=1219899233]
F**k me some of you have an ability to whinge about every little move the club makes. Moan about having no depth when blokes like Morewood and co get a run and then moan about a good depth signing

[/quote]

LOL, you would have a hard time beating most Kiwis

This thread shows why this forum is so worthwhile. Bit of debate, bit of humour, bit of whinging but no one getting too precious.
Oh, and it's good to see a couple of you whingers pulling your head in........

nodd link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=178261.msg194752#msg194752 date=1219904199]

Sure but I didn't ever say I knew more

Whinge all you like.

Just don't pretend we know more than paid club employees.

I've coached an U18 side to a premiership, yet I don't think that entitles me to second guess NRL standard employees.

I think the staff employed at an NRL club know a bit more than we do?

Agreed?
[/quote]

What the hell is a 'paid club employee' Nodd?  I guess Bird was one.  I think I know more than that clown.  NRL standard employees?  pleese, Gallop is one, I guess.  Take a cold shower and relax.  The beauty of this forum is the ability to comment and debate points of view.  A point of view or comment is not necessarily a whinge.  And besides Nodd,  you can't assume that bloggers aren't NRL or club employees.     

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=178261.msg194746#msg194746 date=1219902695]

[/quote]

[/quote]

KE I assure you that Australian rugby supporters don't whinge any more now that they have the best rugby coach in New Zealand in charge of our national side.

We cannot thank you kiwi's enough for letting us have him for a few years.     ;D

I like this signing. I actually think Rodney's a pretty decent backrower. I'm a little intruiged by the 4 year deal, but obviously Manly reckon they won't have too many problems rectifying his injuries...

DSM5 link said:
What the hell is a 'paid club employee' Nodd?  I guess Bird was one.  I think I know more than that clown.  NRL standard employees?  pleese, Gallop is one, I guess.  Take a cold shower and relax.  The beauty of this forum is the ability to comment and debate points of view.  A point of view or comment is not necessarily a whinge.  And besides Nodd,  you can't assume that bloggers aren't NRL or club employees.       

Yes DSM5- pretend to think you are more knowledgable than people involved in the actual running,coaching of a football club.

We can all dream.

Opinions are fine, and you may prove to be correct.

At this time, after making a grand final and possibly being in another, I'l tend to go with the opinions of the football club rather than nuffie experts on an internet forum.

You can tell me "I told you so" when we are struggling.

tookey link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=178261.msg194755#msg194755 date=1219904940]
[quote author=tookey link=topic=178261.msg194746#msg194746 date=1219902695]

[/quote]

[/quote]

KE I assure you that Australian rugby supporters don't whinge any more now that they have the best rugby coach in New Zealand in charge of our national side.

We cannot thank you kiwi's enough for letting us have him for a few years.     ;D
[/quote]

Gotta be honest, i am not one of the mob outraged that he is gone, which is not making me popular in my home town :D Personally i find his style of coaching the past few years boring, used to watch the Crusaders every week but this season they bored me to tears. I don't mind Henry's style tbh

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4