Looks like hoppa is extending his stay at the slimes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The slimes are apparently close to re-signing Will hopoate on 3 year extension. Apparently he is not even going to test himself on the market, meaning he may take a pay cut to stay. Also said he is enjoying playing under the Dalai Arthur.

So i guess its likely we wont see him return to manly, not that we desperately need him for 2016.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...deal--now-for-beau-scott-20150401-1mcw8g.html
Good - he is nothing like the player that left Manly.

Exactly. He left a premiership winner. You quit that then your stating your intention. Winning doesn't matter which means he's in the perfect place.

We don't need Hoppa. To be honest I'd prefer no association with the Hopoate family at manly. They are grubs, will is an exception.

We have enough outside backs.

Crap news always thought Will would come back to Manly asap just shows we have lost our appeal at the moment and as I have stated even though we have stacks of cash for 2016 I dont know if we can attract the right players. Calling the Hopoate family grubs because of one bad egg is bad form , John Jr is going great guns in the junior league and no matter what you think Will is a very humble and sincere man who is a gifted footballer.

Crap news always thought Will would come back to Manly asap just shows we have lost our appeal at the moment and as I have stated even though we have stacks of cash for 2016 I dont know if we can attract the right players. Calling the Hopoate family grubs because of one bad egg is bad form , John Jr is going great guns in the junior league and no matter what you think Will is a very humble and sincere man who is a gifted footballer.
The dad is a ****bag, one is in jail for randomly bashing someone, yes Will is a "good kid" but he also loves $$$. Rather keep our ties to that family to a minimum.

The Hopoate bus has left the terminal. Not to worry though, just like the next model Toyota Corolla or Camry, there will be another one along in five minutes. The question is, did whichever son in question, representing a family which in size is equivalent to the population of several South Pacific micro-States, inherent mum's good genes (like the missionary), or the sins of the father?

I don't believe he will sign for less. They will offer john hoppa another cushy "coaching" role of a couple hundred grand again. Will is the family breadwinner and with a family that big, they will take as much as they can get.

He was never needed and I suspect their was no poke to his manager to suggest otherwise.

In fact I would doubt that apart from GC or Sharks anyone would actually want to sign him.

Another non-Manly player re-signs with their club. Why couldn't Manly make this happen with their stars?

Hopoate is not even going to test the market. You would think that if he was to take a pay cut to stay at the Eels that he would at least see what he could get elsewhere. He must be really enjoying his time at the Eels which is a very different story to what is happening with many of the established players at Manly. What is happening to our once great club?

He was never needed and I suspect their was no poke to his manager to suggest otherwise.

In fact I would doubt that apart from GC or Sharks anyone would actually want to sign him.
Are you serious? I hate everything thats going on at the club at the moment but people are really have a blinkered approach to the situation. I would welcome William back in a tick but I respect his right to stay with the eels if thats what he wants. WE will recover it might take a couple of seasons but will will get there.

He stayed for less because one brother is being looked after by Her Majesty's Hotels and is not a financial drain on Will salary.

Cannot believe how much Hoppa has fallen since 2011.

He dominated all of his opponents that year, played in one SOO match (and won) where he sneaked an epic try in the corner despite copping a huge push and threw a wonderful flick pass to set-up a vital try in the 2011 grand final. He had one of the most remarkable seasons I've ever seen from an 18/19 year old.

Last edited:
Cannot believe how much Hoppa has fallen since 2011.

He dominated all of his opponents that year, played in one SOO match (and won) where he sneaked an epic try in the score despite copping a huge push and threw a wonderful flick pass to set-up a vital try in the 2011 grand final. He had one of the most remarkable seasons I've ever seen from an 18/19 year old.

To be fair, our entire 2011 squad played the house down.

Hoppa may get back to where he was in a year or two. His strength and speed as well as his ability in the air under high balls has diminished considerably however he is only young and there is still time. He obviously has the talent

Hoppa may get back to where he was in a year or two. His strength and speed as well as his ability in the air under high balls has diminished considerably however he is only young and there is still time. He obviously has the talent
Outside backs should in theory be the easiest to replace so you want more than talent. Needs to have a combo these days of skill/size/speed. The Storm seems to have a factory somewhere that churns them out. Matai and Killer just have skill left :speechless:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6