Looks like 9 are ignoring Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
was watching today show this morning and they have their usual segment with fat ass Brohman talking to wannabe Cameron Williams,
they started the segment with Afll highlights then showed tigers highlights blabbing on about Tigers and Benji being real premiership threats and the vision of Sharks Eels game No mention of our win at all

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
was watching today show this morning and they have their usual segment with fat ass Brohman talking to wannabe Cameron Williams,
they started the segment with Afll highlights then showed tigers highlights blabbing on about Tigers and Benji being real premiership threats and the vision of Sharks Eels game No mention of our win at all

Haha.. I noticed that too! I guess no one DOES like us.. Including Channel 9 :'(

Oh well, I guess we're under the radar again? Love it!  ;D

Yeah, I don't really give a toss.

I have foxtel so I get to watch them every week anyways. OF course I'd like to see the club get maximum oppurtunites to generate more income but what can you do. Try living in QLD... every friday night you get to see either titans, cowboys or broncos or two of. First up every friday... the only positive to that it's normally the broncos and they are sitting last!! A bronco loss is nearly as good as a manly win

It's a shame for the club due to the coverage and all that, but personally i love us not having games on 9.  Somehow i can phase out the Fox commentary (i love the NZ fox team, they always give a laugh when mispronouncing names and stuff), but Rabs, Gus, Voss, Johns and Fittler are like fingernails down a chalkboard inside my spine. 

Broadcasting at its best, i think it was the Storm/Dragons game and they cross to Fittler and ask how he thinks a player is going.  He says something incoherent and they ask him agai about the player.  After silence he comes back with 'and what do i think about this game? It's great etc etc'

The sooner 9 loses it's broadcasting the better.

I can't believe you can like the NZ fox team, the whole country hates them and they aren't fit to be mentioned in the same sentence as Rabs and co !!

I thought the NZ team were crap! Amateur at best and they could not even get the players names correct.... Mind you, can't stand Gould either!
Bring back the Moose!

It's not so much that i like them, i just find them quite funny to listen to.  I mean, who else can call one player several different names in the one sentence!  Maybe it's because i only hear them whenever there's a NZ home game so it's more a novelty than anything.  The accent, their own phrases...love it!

As for liking any particular commentary team, i can't pick out anyone right now.  

Haha, the novelty wore off over here about 7 years ago. Can't believe they fly him in from Townsville every 2nd week as well as flying in Halligan from Sydney !!

The topic of this thread is a big issue. Sponsors sign up for the exposure and when clubs are not getting it, they worry. Manly do rate quite well and why the Parra game was not the telly game is anyone's guess. How the Roosters are gettting so much exposure is beyond me and some people need to be brought to account over these ridiculous decisions. We would be much better off with an AFL type schedule in which all teams get some games and the draw is set in concrete before the start of the season.

Well said CW - was about to post the same. Free to air exposure for major sponsors is a big deal and what 9 has done to us for the first 11 rounds impacts on the return our sponsors can generate. Pay TV versus Free to air exposure is like chalk and cheese. If we don't start getting a fair go it will impact the size of the next major sponsorship deal we arrange.
Don't forget that we are still trying to finalise replacement sleeve sponsors. The crap dished up by Ch 9 and the subsequent stoush makes our admin's job harder.

Not only ignored by 9.  Also no Manly promo footge on Fox either.  (or if there was I must have blinked for the second it was shown.)

With regards to NZ I liked their commentary.  But wish they'd move their timing a little to the right on the screen.  My TV setup doesn't allow me to see what tackle it is nor what time has elapsed. ???

Kiwi eagle: i love the NZ commentary team, always good for a laugh. And not all kiwis hate them, i live with a few who love them too!

eagle-rock08 link said:
Not only ignored by 9.  Also no Manly promo footge on Fox either.  (or if there was I must have blinked for the second it was shown.)
I agree there is a distinct lack of Manly images on both free-to-air and pay tv, particularly when you consider our very recent and absolutely spectacular successes. I guess the club would get of a lot of exposure if one of our stars was made the face of the game. Oops.

It wouldn't surprise that the NRL have half an eye on the GSW AFL franchise and are therefore pushing the western clubs into the public eye a great deal.

As for the Rorters exposure, it's well known the Ch 9 executives hob nob with the Bondi set, which would explain their bias. 

eagle-rock08 link said:

With regards to NZ I liked their commentary.  But wish they'd move their timing a little to the right on the screen.  My TV setup doesn't allow me to see what tackle it is nor what time has elapsed. ???

Everyone in the pub up at Castle Hill was complaining about this... all the wide screen plasmas were cutting off the time. I ended up logging into SMH with my iphone and giving guys time updates. very lame imho that they would make such a rookie mistake.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2