Looking forward to his weekend

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mark from Brisbane link said:
Just had a look at MWSE...Farrer maybe round 26
Yeah that looks more then likely when he will be available.

Barry Hyland link said:
[quote author=abnc link=topic=184707.msg285594#msg285594 date=1282096787]
It's all easy in hindsight BH, but right now so close to the finals you can't go changing too many players around. Only injuries have forced our hand.

The only change i'd make is keep Hoppa at fullback if he's fit and move Farrar to the bench to replace Bailey.

I think there are two ways to look at it:
1. It's too late, and too important, as you suggest, or
2. To realistically look at the 17 that always get picked; can they win the comp? I think not, and we've had 23 rounds to judge this.

I'm not suggesting wholesale changes. Just DCE to replace Hodkinson. Oldfield to retain his wing spot, and T-Rex to the bench instead of Bailey.
[/quote]
I dare say that many did not think we could win the comp with key injuries and 2 rookie halfs. Not much has changed in that regard. Bringing in an untested 1/2 at this time of year is very risky. The only thing i would even consider is drop TH, put Lyon at 6, more Foran to 7 and bring in Whare, if fit, to 3. But that is also another risk with bringing in Whare.

I don't think you can blame TH for his performances. It is pretty obvious that Des wants Foran to run the show more and do more of the kicking. I've noticed how before TH's decision to leave he was doing most of the kicking, now it's Foran. Des obviously wants Foran to get more experience with his kicking game and TH is used in more of a distributing role. Making sure the outside backs get the ball. So TH does seem to go missing a lot in games due to this. In this regard dropping TH and putting Lyon in the halfs will not change much of the structure as Lyon is good at feeding the outside backs good balls and is a dangerous runner of the ball. Half a dozen of one and 6 of the other.

The question is if the replacements will do a better job then the 17 we have picked. Other then replacing Bailey i don't see that they will.

Manu plays left wing every week

imo We are still putting our best 17 on the park each weekend. Of available players this weeked, Oldfield and possibly Seu Seu would be the only ones I can see that could possibly add something to the side

First we must untangle the yo-yo string.

How do we do that?

Cut it off and start again or fiddle around till it works itself free?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4