Looking for feedback

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
So after implementing person tagging yesterday I have been thinking about adding topic hashtags. Basically the same as they do on twitter.

This would involve something like, you put in #MWTS people can then essentially go to a page and get all that information for that hashtag. People would be able to subscribe to the hashtag as well. So that they can get all of the information for that tag.

I can see this being particularly useful for Mark and the MWTS but also for topics on the news, on games etc. Hashtags will be able to be created on the fly by anyone in a post, but of course, they will be monitored for abuse and spam.

The other thing it will be useful for is (even though we have a notification system) you could put in something like #moderators and all the mods would be alerted to a post and take action.

Other things might be #scoreupdate and so on.

Just wondering what people would think of this feature if I added it to the forums?
I would need to code this from scratch and if people are not interested then I won't bother, but if you think it will be a good feature and useful I will be happy to do the work on it.

Dan

It sounds like there is some value in it, but is it worth the effort. To me, it wouldn't be.

@[The Eagle] I am not a twitter fan either really, though it seems to be very popular and very good for tidbits of information.

However this will not be linked to twitter, it will just be a twitter like feature on this site

@[The Eagle] you mean the name tagging. Sure draws your attention back to the post doesn't it?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8