Lollipop kicks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Agreed that Orfords 5th tackle options are poor, but he's not the only one.  We put up one towering bomb and got a result from it.

You'd think the penny would drop, but for the rest of the game we do these useless chip kicks to the corners.  This is the ultimate wasted kick - turning the ball over to the opposition guaranteed.

Is it to much to ask that whenever we are inside their half, the ball goes up - very high?  At least make it a 50/50 proposition and allow hang time for the chasers to come through?

I like a lot about Bailey, but the absence of a kicking game from him and our fullback means the opposition knows EXACTLY who is going to be the target for a 5th tackle play.  Its all too predictable.  Too easy to shut down.  The team is out of balance. The Titans won today (albeit unfairly) on the back of the threat from the fullback kicking. And Scott Prince comes off smelling like roses.

Sack the coach.  Sack the CEO.  Sack the shareholders. 

And blow up the leagues club because this club is imploding. 

Rex if I was the opposition I'd let Orford kick....at least you know that it's going to be something innocuous. If you put pressure on him he might miskick one and come up with something threatening.

I do agree that Baileys lack of a kicking game, or maybe a lack of coaches licence to try a kicking game, is a big negative. I'd like to see Ballin have a go ala Ennis, Farah, Smith and co.

Rex link said:
[quote author=Fro link=topic=180489.msg224435#msg224435 date=1243157362]
and Shoot Jason King
Is that you Damir?
[/quote]

yeah, tis me posting from a belgrade jail cell :)

Matabele link said:
Ballin put up the bomb that was dropped.

Sorry, I should have said "I'd like to see Ballin have MORE of a go....."

Chip & Chase link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=180489.msg224445#msg224445 date=1243157919]
Ballin put up the bomb that was dropped.

Sorry, I should have said "I'd like to see Ballin have MORE of a go....."
[/quote]  You are correct.  He has a useful and underutilized game.  Lyon can put up a good bomb too.

the other thing i noticed was there were far too many times when Orford and or bailey were either tackled on the last or fummy half on the last, outside of the ballin kick (which probably wasnt planned) this should not happen very often if at all in a match.

when snake plays he just flies through on the high ball,magically plucks it out of the air and scores tries,making orford look good,since snakes been gone theres been no chasers on the bomb and i want to know why,the loss of snake has been detrimental to our sides performances.

"yeah, tis me posting from a belgrade jail cell"

tennis is so boring since damir dropped off the radar.

bailey not kicking. ballin not mostly. lyon occasionally. orford not effectively. herein is a key problem of turning forward dominance into points. Dessie?......

My youngest daughter said to me this morning the problem lies with Hasler.  "He was never a half or a ball distributor of any note", she said.  He therefore leaves those tricks to Orford, and we all know he hasn't any.  I'm totally over the guy and can't see us winning anything with him at the helm.  Depressing to think he will re-sign for the next couple of years, as if he brings anything to the table. 

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4