• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This is totally fair as the last time Manly got government funding to upgrade their home ground was........let me see..........NEVER.

They've got a goddam hide whingeing that they lost their funding. Most clubs get upgrades to facilities while Manly get shafted year in year out.

If they want funding, they should go shove their hands down the back of Rusty's lounge. They'll probably come up with plenty there.

Bring on 2014. The list of clubs I'm going to enjoy watching lose is growing longer and longer.

@simon64

Didn't we get government funding quite some time back to get the oval floodlit?

From Your Say Warringah Home > Brookvale Park Stage 1 - Visioning 2010 > FAQs located at:

http://yoursaywarringah.com.au/faq/index/6#47

Q. What has been done in the last ten years?

Since 2000 most efforts have been focused on upgrading the park area of Brookvale Park as per the actions recommended by the Brookvale Park Plan of Management that was adopted in 2002. The final stage of these upgrade works were completed last financial year, and includes the new shared path along the southern (Pittwater Road) edge.

Capital works on the Oval's facilities have been minimal. The Sea Eagles have been active in helping to source and secure grant funding for various projects. These have included upgrades to corporate seating in the Jane Try Stand and a new scoreboard (jointly funded by Council and a State Government grant), new flood lighting via a Federal Government grant and the $6 million revitalisation funding (a State Government grant, to which Council matched $4 million).

I also noticed this in the list of FAQs:

Q. How long is the current licence with the Sea Eagles?

The Sea Eagles signed a five year licence in December 2009 and it extends to the end of the 2013 NRL season.

Hopefully they have renewed the licence for 2014 and beyond. :rolleyes:

I'll yield to your research Jethro and concede we have received some funding.

But what has it done to upgrade the ground so that it can be described as "modern" without telling porkies ?

The lights had to be put in to allow night games.
The upgrade to corporate facilities are all well and good but hardly impacts the bulk of supporters directly.

The extension to the Jane Try stand has always amazed me. It's so small, I always think, "Why did they bother ?"

From the hill, the stands look like they've been cut and pasted from different grounds.

I hope we get the money to get some sort of uniformity and don't sacrifice the feel of Brookie.

I'll concede that the stands are very dated and that the toilet facilities on the eastern side of the ground are Dickensian. But hey, isn't the 'old girl' a great ground to watch footy on? The surface produces fast, exciting rugby league and we fans are as close to the action as possible, creating an atmosphere matched only by Leichhardt Oval and, possibly, Shark Park.
I don't give a stuff if the NRL claims Brookie does not meet their standards. They are wrong. It is the finest ground in Sydney. Give me the green, green grass of Brookie over the tar and cement of the NRL's preferred monster-grounds.
There has got to be a song or two in that.

I get your point TW and agree with much of it.

But the reality is the NRL's idea of what is acceptable and what isn't varies drastically from the fans who attend the games. We like Sunday afternoon games and standing on the hill. They think we want to sit in a plastic seat at least 100m from the field.

Unfortunately, some of what we love about Brookie is going to go. I've resigned myself to that. We just need to get enough funding so the ground can look uniformed and not a series of badly planned afterthoughts.

Jethro said:
@simon64

From Your Say Warringah Home > Brookvale Park Stage 1 - Visioning 2010 > FAQs located at:

Since 2000 most efforts have been focused on upgrading the park area of Brookvale Park as per the actions recommended by the Brookvale Park Plan of Management that was adopted in 2002. The final stage of these upgrade works were completed last financial year, and includes the new shared path along the southern (Pittwater Road) edge.

Capital works on the Oval's facilities have been minimal. The Sea Eagles have been active in helping to source and secure grant funding for various projects. These have included upgrades to corporate seating in the Jane Try Stand and a new scoreboard (jointly funded by Council and a State Government grant), new flood lighting via a Federal Government grant and the $6 million revitalisation funding (a State Government grant, to which Council matched $4 million).

The Sea Eagles signed a five year licence in December 2009 and it extends to the end of the 2013 NRL season.

Has anyone ever told you you look a bit like Jimmy Page ?

Las Vegas Blvd said:
Jethro said:
@simon64

No they haven't and until now, it is the first time that somebody has asked me:

"Has anyone ever told you you look a bit like Jimmy Page ?"

Jethro said:
Las Vegas Blvd said:

Jethro - Jimmy

[attachment=743]

[attachment=747]

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    36.3 KB · Views: 1
  • jimmy 4.bmp
    147.7 KB · Views: 7
  • jimmy 4.bmp
    147.7 KB · Views: 104
He's a quiet guy, but you wouldn't want to be around when the levee breaks. Go Bonzo!

Special mention : Beastie Boys, Rhymin' and stealin' was pretty awesome very loud and live too! DJ Hurricane sampled the drum from when the levee breaks.

mozgrame said:
Hey, Jimmy Page looks a lot like Jethro Tull.

I get reminded of a Jethro Tull song/album title a lot of times when I have had discussions with a few people up here in the local rag (Fraser Coast Chronicle) article comments because they are "Thick As A Brick" and won't listen to reason or fact.

Las Vegas Blvd said:
Jethro said:
Las Vegas Blvd said:

Jethro - Jimmy

attachment.php

attachment.php

Nope, I still can't see the resemblance.

Jethro said:
mozgrame said:
Hey, Jimmy Page looks a lot like Jethro Tull.

I get reminded of a Jethro Tull song/album title a lot of times when I have had discussions with a few people up here in the local rag (Fraser Coast Chronicle) article comments because they are "Thick As A Brick" and won't listen to reason or fact.

Las Vegas Blvd said:
Jethro said:
Las Vegas Blvd said:
Many of them are just "Living In The Past"

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8