LOL @ Scott Penn. LOL @ Joe Kelly. LOL @ the Manly "Business" men

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Gee. If all that is said about the Penns is true....
I've never heard of an owner of a business wanting to scuttle it and alienate all the employees and shareholders.
I keep asking myself: why would anyone want to do this? Surely no-one seriously believes it's because they think they will make money by relocating the club?

We have all known Toovey was getting chopped since last November, or there abouts.

From the Penn/Kelly point of view this was the best time to announce it.

I mean they are so desperate for Tooves to fail they have to do it when its most destructive to the 2015 prospects of his team. And what better timing than the week before an almost do or die clash vs Broncos. Surely an announcement at this time will derail any chance of making the 8.

To be fair it was going to be announced much earlier but they were very busy botching negotiations with DCE and Foran. Then having to organise back flips for both, one successful and one not. Next they decided to start re-signing players we no longer want.
The really should have chased both Nathan Fiend and Granville from the Cowboys, a whole pack of hookers would have been an NRL first.

We are in good hands people and he future hasn't been as bright since John Ribots vision.
That would be a great game against the Titans,two forward packs made up of hookers

Gee. If all that is said about the Penns is true....
I've never heard of an owner of a business wanting to scuttle it and alienate all the employees and shareholders.
I keep asking myself: why would anyone want to do this? Surely no-one seriously believes it's because they think they will make money by relocating the club?

This is what I keep telling myself as well. I can't figure out what they are trying to achieve just at the moment, but I'm hoping there is some method to what seems like madness right now.

\Crowds down - we are on track for a sub 10,000 average crowd. This must be our lowest since the Northern Eagles shambles?

The last time Manly averaged below 10,000 for home attendances was when we averaged 9,365 in 1985. Before that you have to go back to 1969 for a sub 10k average (we first cracked 10k in 1968). Between 1985 and now the lowest Manly average attendance was 10,085 in 1999. We peaked at 15,484 in 2006.

Ironically, in all bar 1973 and 2012, our average home attendance has actually dropped the year after winning a premiership.

In that period (1985-now) we also for a good deal of the time were the visiting team in a number of ground record attendances around the NSWRL/ARL/NRL. Most of those have since been surpassed but some, such as Redfern Oval, will forever have the name Manly Warringah in its record attendance. We currently have the record attendance in Newcastle with 32,642 set in 1995, North Sydney Oval with 22,032 in 1991 and the SFS rugby league record with 42,482 at the 1997 GF.

The Northern Eagles averaged 13,019 in 2000, 10,239 in 2001 and 9,331 in 2002.

Last edited:
This is what I keep telling myself as well. I can't figure out what they are trying to achieve just at the moment, but I'm hoping there is some method to what seems like madness right now.

It seems like they are cleaning house - apart from donny (who is questionable) are there any back office team returning?

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

It seems like they are cleaning house - apart from donny (who is questionable) are there any back office team returning?

If the rumour mill is correct Donny is gone as well.

Not sure who's left from the front office and not sure anyone will be left from the football dept.

In fact not even sure if, apart from DCE and the new signings , we will actually have 25 players next year .

Mr Fluffy and ZtH might have to don jersey's

The only success you might have is the gradual disintegration of the club and it's culture, which you fail to understand, as your apparent plans appear to show. Your actions are and have been contrary to everything the club has stood for.

You can't even successfully time an announcement to backstab one of our greats.

What frauds. You "business" men can't even "business" well. While it saddens me to see you chip away at our great club, I can't help but laugh at your utter incompetence and buffoonery. So I will thank you begrudgingly for the amusement.

What a satisfying win.
Hmmmmm, it sure feels like this club is disintegrating and that the owners are incompetent frauds only interested in real estate deals.........NOT

Seems to me they LOVE real estate deals, especially one where a family member votes to sell off the leagues club land to them & re-sell for 4 times the amount to Chinese developers. Disgraceful and underhanded transaction.

And let's not forget it was they who stuffed the DCE contract negotiations and initially lost him and had a hand in the bad publicity this kid will face for a long time.

The clean up and head hunting is due to Bob Fulton. He was brought in to fix the mess as they know they well and truly stuffed up!

Seems to me they LOVE real estate deals, especially one where a family member votes to sell off the leagues club land to them & re-sell for 4 times the amount to Chinese developers. Disgraceful and underhanded transaction.

And let's not forget it was they who stuffed the DCE contract negotiations and initially lost him and had a hand in the bad publicity this kid will face for a long time.

The clean up and head hunting is due to Bob Fulton. He was brought in to fix the mess as they know they well and truly stuffed up!
What rubbish, so you know the intimate details of their Real Estate transactions or are you just guessing as most do. If this deal was so underhanded and unethical why didn't Bob O'Reilly, who hates the Penns, report this to the authorities for investigation????

Enough of the mud throwing already.

They bought it for a small amount like $6 million and sold to developers for something in the $20 millions?

I don't know the figures, someone else will come up with the correct one but I know they have been quoted on here before and there was a massive difference.

I'm sure they have covered themselves along the way but It stinks to high heaven for me.

That should have been money for Manly and it all went I to the penns coffers.

You can like it all you want, I still think it STINKS!

Hmmmmm, it sure feels like this club is disintegrating and that the owners are incompetent frauds only interested in real estate deals.........NOT
Agee I hate the way Penn and Zorba are destroying the club - look at the way the team of last year has been dismantled and the way they have invested in rebuilding the training facilities at Narrabeen, all the positive media coverage, plans to start Brookie redevelopment, the new approach to recruitment etc - nothing but a ploy to trash our history, destroy the club and pack up and move us to the central coast or Qld.

I am over this new way of management

What rubbish, so you know the intimate details of their Real Estate transactions or are you just guessing as most do. If this deal was so underhanded and unethical why didn't Bob O'Reilly, who hates the Penns, report this to the authorities for investigation????

With Real Estate Property, none of the players were given them. The players received loans just like ordinary people. Unlike ordinary, they can afford it due to their salaries.

With all due respect Ralphie, you did resurrect the thread.
And when I saw that I wondered why people can't just move forward without picking at old sores.
I think we all have our opinions about what's gone on and fall on one side of the fence or the other.
God I wish we could all just shut up about it though.

I don't think anyone needs an RP Data report to know there are big capital gains in property everywhere in Sydney. Anyway who gives a ****. The clubs a dump and northern beaches folk aren't pokie junkies like other teams fans. It's also in a **** location so why not flip it? The Chinese are probably writing it down already haha

I don't think anyone needs an RP Data report to know there are big capital gains in property everywhere in Sydney. Anyway who gives a ****. The clubs a dump and northern beaches folk aren't pokie junkies like other teams fans. It's also in a **** location so why not flip it? The Chinese are probably writing it down already haha

If we could get a leagues club built under the stadium, in an ultra modern way, could be an amazing money cow for the club, and the council. Think of all the extra $$$ Penn and the council would get through rates on the property at Pittwater Road (btw, I go there regularly, and it's empty 99% of the time).

In fact guys, it's happening to most clubs along Pittwater Road. Jet Club - demolished, turned into apartments. Brookie Hotel, now demolished, making way for apartments - now The Leagues Club. It's not uncommon, there is just no business viability - trust me, I've seen the financials (which were made public).

Never know, Penn may use some of the money from the carpark or club to raise capital to make the upgrade happen. Just wait and see.

They bought it for a small amount like $6 million and sold to developers for something in the $20 millions?

I don't know the figures, someone else will come up with the correct one but I know they have been quoted on here before and there was a massive difference.

I'm sure they have covered themselves along the way but It stinks to high heaven for me.

That should have been money for Manly and it all went I to the penns coffers.

You can like it all you want, I still think it STINKS!
So when you were perusing the contracts associated with these transactions did anything else stand out for you or was it just the numbers you were looking at?

With all due respect Ralphie, you did resurrect the thread.
And when I saw that I wondered why people can't just move forward without picking at old sores.
I think we all have our opinions about what's gone on and fall on one side of the fence or the other.
God I wish we could all just shut up about it though.
The reason is that in almost EVERY thread currently there are still sniping and pot shots going on. I would just like to see supporters "build a bridge" and get behind the club including the Penns. Just wait and see what can be achieved when the negatives goes away and we get behind the owners and the team.

The reason is that in almost EVERY thread currently there are still sniping and pot shots going on. I would just like to see supporters "build a bridge" and get behind the club including the Penns. Just wait and see what can be achieved when the negatives goes away and we get behind the owners and the team.

Completely agree Ralphie. People might not want to hear it, but they will actually start enjoying themselves again.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4