LOL @ Scott Penn. LOL @ Joe Kelly. LOL @ the Manly "Business" men

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Your faith and constant speculation on behalf of the owners can only be described as consistent. I'm not buying it at this point. Statement after statement without a shred of evidence is fun to watch and is almost Alan Jonesish in delivery. Look forward to some facts sometime rather than opinion.
It's speculation both ways. Do you believe the owners of Ruperts crew.

It's speculation both ways. Do you believe the owners of Ruperts crew.

Head office were quick to counter the Lyon story. It's reasonable to perceive that the failure to do so with regard to Matt Ballin speaks equal volume to the story's validity.

I wonder how Paul Cummings feels about all this? He was the man who worked out the ownership model with Penn, before Delmege muscled his way into the ownership game. Up until that point, Delmege had merely been a sponsor.

Cummings is now assisting Norths in their attempts to re-enter the competition. A good operator lost to Manly.

On the Ballin front at least, I think they might be forced to compromise, if indeed it's true that they want him out. For starters, Manly would be paying his salary whilst he played elsewhere. Never a good thing for a cash-strapped outfit, let alone an organisation awash in leagues club money (hello Parramatta!). And the impact on memberships, goodwill towards management and new coach etc. probably will be quite devastating.

Of late, we have already let two 200+ game veterans go elsewhere, with a third (who barring a season ending injury), would have made it to that milestone last year. This is unprecedented in the club's history, salary cap pressures notwithstanding.

Remember the strategic error Peter Blunt made in cutting David Fairleigh from the nascent Northern Eagles roster, prior to the 2000 season? A Central Coast junior, SOO and international rep gone. Granted, an unwittingly good move for Manly, but not good for garnering the locals' support on the Central Coast, back in 2000-01.

No the push to cut him loose
Regardless mate that it was not Kelly's decision to push Ballin out has he hit any of his KPIs this season?
Budget in the red - forecast of a big loss
Handling of the re-signing of the club's halves
Crowds down - we are on track for a sub 10,000 average crowd. This must be our lowest since the Northern Eagles shambles?
Sponsorship down - no major sponsor for next season
Other notables.... engagement with club membership poor, engagement with sponsors poor, decision to host a home game in Albury?...

Regardless mate that it was not Kelly's decision to push Ballin out has he hit any of his KPIs this season?
Budget in the red - forecast of a big loss
Handling of the re-signing of the club's halves
Crowds down - we are on track for a sub 10,000 average crowd. This must be our lowest since the Northern Eagles shambles?
Sponsorship down - no major sponsor for next season
Other notables.... engagement with club membership poor, engagement with sponsors poor, decision to host a home game in Albury?...

You do not honestly think that Kelly is nothing more than a Penn mouthpiece right?

The only success you might have is the gradual disintegration of the club and it's culture, which you fail to understand, as your apparent plans appear to show. Your actions are and have been contrary to everything the club has stood for.

You can't even successfully time an announcement to backstab one of our greats.

What frauds. You "business" men can't even "business" well. While it saddens me to see you chip away at our great club, I can't help but laugh at your utter incompetence and buffoonery. So I will thank you begrudgingly for the amusement.

What a satisfying win.
Totally agree toovs. You are welcome to vent here anytime

Joe Kelly is as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.
So True.
My recollection of the role a CEO is a person who runs the place, makes decisions. He reports to the Board.
The board sets direction, formulates a budget and ensures good corporate governance.
When one of the directors takes on the role of CEO in addition to Board duties, he becomes Managing Director.
Where does Joe fit into the above. I am not aware that he is running the place. It would appear that Mr Fluffy has usurped the CEO role.
I cant see the need for Joe any more.

Pretty sure you were against the notion this was Bozo's team ,Or was that me ?, and Iv'e got a memory like a sieve.
I was under the impression he was here to work on junior development but it's come to light that he is orchestrating the rebuild.

We have all known Toovey was getting chopped since last November, or there abouts.

From the Penn/Kelly point of view this was the best time to announce it.

I mean they are so desperate for Tooves to fail they have to do it when its most destructive to the 2015 prospects of his team. And what better timing than the week before an almost do or die clash vs Broncos. Surely an announcement at this time will derail any chance of making the 8.

To be fair it was going to be announced much earlier but they were very busy botching negotiations with DCE and Foran. Then having to organise back flips for both, one successful and one not. Next they decided to start re-signing players we no longer want.
The really should have chased both Nathan Fiend and Granville from the Cowboys, a whole pack of hookers would have been an NRL first.

We are in good hands people and he future hasn't been as bright since John Ribots vision.

I don't agree with a number of decisions made by our board recently. However, they now have shaped the club how they want it, from the board and CEO right down to the players. As such, I look forward to a team next year that will push at least deep into September. If it doesn't eventuate, they'll have no excuses.

How about this for a conspiracy theory?
1. They have wanted Toovey out since last year.
2. Even though the club wanted DCE to stay, Joe pulls the offer, knowingly creating a situation where DCE pulls the pin and creates dissension in the ranks.
3. Due to DCE AND Foran both announcing their intentions to leave, team morale drops. (injuries are an unplanned windfall)
4. We lose games - gotta have someone to blame. Note that facial fuzz has a "come to Jesus" talk with Toovey fairly early in the season - March from memory. We lose more games. Barrett is hired (denial of course)
5. DCE is secretly offered a deal to end all deals. Team morale improves. We start to win some.
6. Too late for Barrett cancellation.
7. See ya Geoff.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4