[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Parramatta Eels play hardball with Anthony Watmough over 2018 entitlements

Danny Weidler
November 5 2016 - 7:36PM

This time last year, Anthony Watmough was earning $700,000 a year – he was paid to eat well, train hard and push his body to places it wasn't meant to go. Right now, Watmough is working for free in his restaurant, Tokonoma.

"I'm learning the business from the bottom up," he said.

He's doing it because he sees a future in the business. And he will need a strong income stream to maintain the lifestyle he enjoys with his wife and children. Truth be known, he needs to be busy – he's been bored.

But here's the problem: Parramatta have stopped paying Watmough, despite their obligations under the Collective Bargaining Agreement. He checked his bank account last month and there was nothing from the Eels. Zip.

Parramatta Eels play hardball with Anthony Watmough over 2018 entitlements

Danny Weidler
November 5 2016 - 7:36PM

This time last year, Anthony Watmough was earning $700,000 a year – he was paid to eat well, train hard and push his body to places it wasn't meant to go. Right now, Watmough is working for free in his restaurant, Tokonoma.

"I'm learning the business from the bottom up," he said.

He's doing it because he sees a future in the business. And he will need a strong income stream to maintain the lifestyle he enjoys with his wife and children. Truth be known, he needs to be busy – he's been bored.

But here's the problem: Parramatta have stopped paying Watmough, despite their obligations under the Collective Bargaining Agreement. He checked his bank account last month and there was nothing from the Eels. Zip.

I didn't think the eels could sink any lower in my opinion. Silly me!

Maybe he's finally going to deliver those "whites" he's been holding onto for Gids. Poor Gids has been waiting for a few years now and is beginning to think he's never going to get them…

Wicks walks out on Eels and rugby league
Courier Mail
-
November 7, 2016 - 10:12 pm

Front-rower Danny Wicks has quit the Parramatta Eels and retired from the NRL just three months after signing a two-year contract extension.

The 30-year-old forward informed coach Brad Arthur and his teammates of his decision on Monday, having just returned from his off-season break.

http://www.zerotackle.com/wicks-walks-out-on-eels-and-rugby-league-24405/

He was probably out partying with Ben Barba.
Him retiring takes away him being banned from the NRL.

Anthony Watmough prepared to do ‘whatever it takes’ to secure contract money from Parramatta

ANTHONY Watmough’s pay dispute with Parramatta is set to escalate with the retired forward considering turning up to training in a bid to receive his owed money.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal Watmough has threatened to go through with his vow to train with the Eels to recoup contract money for 2018, despite being forced into retirement with a knee injury.

Watmough had a playing option in his favour for 2018 but the Eels baulked at paying him because, due to a chronic knee injury, he could not play.

Parramatta have paid the former Test and Origin star in full for the 2016 and 2017 seasons but they don’t believe they should pay him for the 2018 season as it is an option year.

“(The option to play) was in his favour but the terms could not be performed,” Eels administrator Max Donnelly previously said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...a/news-story/c0528a2ff0b0bc072a6ac8c6a4538c07

I can't remember if I've asked this before but:

Can't they just lock him out of training?

Also I'm no fan of Parra but surely if a player is happy to take his medical $$$$ and retirement money, he shouldn't be expected to be able to take up a 2018 option to play....just to get more money out of the club??

Speaking of delusional earwax spider munchers.....is foz still suing us?

I wonder if Anthony Wantmore ever thinks to himself, "Gee, I was stupid for leaving Manly".
...I doubt he ever does because: (1) he's too arogant to admit to himself how stupid he was; and (2) he's too stupid to realise how stupid he was.

I actually don't think he was stupid for leaving. They threw stupid money at him. However I do think he was stupid for ****ting on his legacy on the way out the door.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6