[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I wonder in our lifetime will we ever see a rationalised Sydney league market?

Whilst we all hated what Super League was about, I'm now starting to wonder , with all this other competition facing the game, if it wouldn't be a smart idea.

12 teams, all playing each other twice, with a second tier competition of say another 12 sides, bottom team drops to second tier, Premier in second tier takes the 12th position in Super League the following year.

The bottom team coming up then get to select a number of " free agents" to join their team ( in essence yes a draft), otherwise all that would happen is they'd be turfed out after their first year.

Four teams Sydney

Brisbane
Gold Coast
Melbourne
North Queensland
Canberra
Newcastle
Perth
Auckland

Or at least something like that.

I'm guessing way too much change for Toggy Greenslime to undertake and handle the flak, but it may end up looking something like this if AFL/ A-League continue to grow and RL continues to decline.

I'd have a simpler plan for rationalisation.

Step 1 is to kick out Parra.

There are no other steps.

I wonder in our lifetime will we ever see a rationalised Sydney league market?

Whilst we all hated what Super League was about, I'm now starting to wonder , with all this other competition facing the game, if it wouldn't be a smart idea.

12 teams, all playing each other twice, with a second tier competition of say another 12 sides, bottom team drops to second tier, Premier in second tier takes the 12th position in Super League the following year.

The bottom team coming up then get to select a number of " free agents" to join their team ( in essence yes a draft), otherwise all that would happen is they'd be turfed out after their first year.

Four teams Sydney

Brisbane
Gold Coast
Melbourne
North Queensland
Canberra
Newcastle
Perth
Auckland

Or at least something like that.

I'm guessing way too much change for Toggy Greenslime to undertake and handle the flak, but it may end up looking something like this if AFL/ A-League continue to grow and RL continues to decline.

Sydney people won't turn up to the battle for the minor premiership against their arch rival unless it's on the precise day of the week with the precise weather forecast they demand.
Can you imagine any team surviving a year in a second tier comp?
The only thing that would exit faster than the fans would be the sponsors.

RLW
Police raid offices of NRL player agents

By Staff Writers
October 20, 2016
  • POLICE have swooped on the offices of leading player agents as the Parramatta salary cap scandal takes another dramatic twist.

In the early hours of Thursday morning police showed up to the front door of Sam Ayoub’s Leichhardt office, the Pitt St office of George Mimis and the Woollahra home of Wayne Beavis according to Fairfax Media.

It is believed that Ayoub and Mimis were not present but police did enter the home of Beavis flashing search warrants.

The morning raids are associated with the salary cap scandal surrounding the Parramatta Eels – who docked 12 competition points this season and fined $1 million.

The Eels have been convicted of systemic rorting and paying players under the table on a consistent basis

It has been alleged that certain Parramatta clients of Mimis, Ayoub and Beavis received payments outside the salary cap.

The purpose of the raid is reportedly seize documentation related to the breach which may aid the investigation.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/polic...d=788886442860654592&adbpl=tw&adbpr=236216311

Read again today that Whare on the nose at Penrith and Manly looking likely for him next year. He's 26 and well could peak (if he is over his injury) over the next 2-3 years. Massive signing for us IMO if it comes off as it gives us two quality centres in the line up next year. Matagi and Siro would also be very handy..
Parramatta are probably going to sign all three players now as Arthur has a love affair with any ex or future players

he wants to change parra's colours next year to maroon and white

RLW
Police raid offices of NRL player agents

By Staff Writers
October 20, 2016
  • POLICE have swooped on the offices of leading player agents as the Parramatta salary cap scandal takes another dramatic twist.

In the early hours of Thursday morning police showed up to the front door of Sam Ayoub’s Leichhardt office, the Pitt St office of George Mimis and the Woollahra home of Wayne Beavis according to Fairfax Media.

It is believed that Ayoub and Mimis were not present but police did enter the home of Beavis flashing search warrants.

The morning raids are associated with the salary cap scandal surrounding the Parramatta Eels – who docked 12 competition points this season and fined $1 million.

The Eels have been convicted of systemic rorting and paying players under the table on a consistent basis

It has been alleged that certain Parramatta clients of Mimis, Ayoub and Beavis received payments outside the salary cap.

The purpose of the raid is reportedly seize documentation related to the breach which may aid the investigation.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/polic...d=788886442860654592&adbpl=tw&adbpr=236216311
Looks like parra will keep our offseason from being boring

Paul Sutton as well who used to be foran's manager

Kate McClymontVerified account‏@Kate_McClymont
Kate McClymont Retweeted smh.com.au

Make that Four: NRL player agents Sam Ayoub, George Mimis, Wayne Beavis & Paul Sutton being raided by Fraud squad officers Eels salary cap

Last edited:
Hey snoturd we want another round of punishments for these crooks the last was a disgrace this is getting worse then the scums rorting shame on you but end of the day MASSIVE LOL@PARRA

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4