[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It's hard to see how parra aren't protected.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...b/news-story/2010c71952e05a22b1269df7bd29263f

Have a friendly media, very friendly nrl ceo. a new board so the whole third party rorts can be swept away (ala bronco style)

And happy joy joy writing such as:

“On a broader strategic level, the NRL needs Parramatta successful because there is a real battle on in Sydney’s west with the Western Sydney Wanderers and the GWS AFL side.

“Financially secure, they have a huge supporter base right in the geographic heart of Sydney. They’ve got a huge junior league and, in three years’ time, the club will have the best rectangular football stadium in Australia.

fluff piece after fluff piece.

Anyway... lol @ parra

I follow every code except union. Admittedly though, I only watch AFL if the Swans are playing and never been a match live. Soccer I take a greater interest in following Sydney FC and getting a real thrill out of seeing the Wankerers getting beaten. As hard as I try, I can't get into it. Too negative a game and the rules are a lottery.

Anyway I wouldn't consider myself a fair weather league fan. I've been a member for 5 years and have no intention of not renewing. Even with the off field crap.

The Slime will do well next year. So far I think they're recruiting better than us. This will be with or without any Toddy leg ups.
I really feel like they aren't recruiting better than us. We haven't been getting players like Hoffman (mentally weak) or grubs like Nathan Brown that literally will spend 50% of their future suspended. Vave is alright to lose, lazy in defence but good impact, still not worth his poor defence though. They have signed who to replace Kieran Foran, we made a similar mistake and it didn't work. Fogarty won't be a first grade half next year so they'll probably end up with guthburtson there, similar to us with walker... You simply cannot replace Foran with a centre or a winger but they'll learn. Watmough may come and stuff em up anyway.

We on the other hand have signed a real half, a winger with all the potential to be what he was with a good side around him and what seems to be Matagi and Sironen who will be great signings IMO. Matagi is a bruiser to add to our intimidation whilst Sironen if signed will add some skill to our side. We also have some good forwards coming through now in Lane, Jamil Hoppa and Willis Meehan and in the backs we have Parker and that Omar guy who seems like good backup. Oh yeah that reminds me, we now have real backup. Not just the heart attacks of Brayden Williame but players who can at least do nothing good nor bad, just be neutral which is what we lacked this season as well. Also may sign Whare but I think that'll be next off season

And happy joy joy writing such as:

“On a broader strategic level, the NRL needs Parramatta successful because there is a real battle on in Sydney’s west with the Western Sydney Wanderers and the GWS AFL side.

“Financially secure, they have a huge supporter base right in the geographic heart of Sydney. They’ve got a huge junior league and, in three years’ time, the club will have the best rectangular football stadium in Australia.

fluff piece after fluff piece.

Anyway... lol @ parra
Did a journalist actually write "needs Parramatta successful.."

As opposed to "needs the Parramatta club to compete successfully in 2017.."

It's like listening to Bob "They played strong" Fulton.

They have a countdown clock at the parra leauges its set to go off at 50 years.

I know what its like to wait over 30 years for another premiership win. My local Aussie rules team (West Adelaide) won the SANFL Grand Final in 1983 (I was 8) and didn't win another until last year with 3 losing GF's in between. 32 years is a bloody long time to wait.

However, I hope that doesn't-matta's streak at the very least doubles before they win another one lol.

In fact.....I hope they break North Sydney's record ;)

They are here to stay, they have a new home being built. Be careful what u ask for, it may come back to bite us

I am well aware of Dodgy Greenturds desire to see a team located in the west & who his preference is .... but the western area of Sydney is over represented, Penrith, Parra, West/Tigers & Bullsh*t Dogs

I am well aware of Dodgy Greenturds desire to see a team located in the west & who his preference is .... but the western area of Sydney is over represented, Penrith, Parra, West/Tigers & Bullsh*t Dogs

I wonder in our lifetime will we ever see a rationalised Sydney league market?

Whilst we all hated what Super League was about, I'm now starting to wonder , with all this other competition facing the game, if it wouldn't be a smart idea.

12 teams, all playing each other twice, with a second tier competition of say another 12 sides, bottom team drops to second tier, Premier in second tier takes the 12th position in Super League the following year.

The bottom team coming up then get to select a number of " free agents" to join their team ( in essence yes a draft), otherwise all that would happen is they'd be turfed out after their first year.

Four teams Sydney

Brisbane
Gold Coast
Melbourne
North Queensland
Canberra
Newcastle
Perth
Auckland

Or at least something like that.

I'm guessing way too much change for Toggy Greenslime to undertake and handle the flak, but it may end up looking something like this if AFL/ A-League continue to grow and RL continues to decline.

I wonder in our lifetime will we ever see a rationalised Sydney league market?

Whilst we all hated what Super League was about, I'm now starting to wonder , with all this other competition facing the game, if it wouldn't be a smart idea.

12 teams, all playing each other twice, with a second tier competition of say another 12 sides, bottom team drops to second tier, Premier in second tier takes the 12th position in Super League the following year.

The bottom team coming up then get to select a number of " free agents" to join their team ( in essence yes a draft), otherwise all that would happen is they'd be turfed out after their first year.

Four teams Sydney

Brisbane
Gold Coast
Melbourne
North Queensland
Canberra
Newcastle
Perth
Auckland

Or at least something like that.

I'm guessing way too much change for Toggy Greenslime to undertake and handle the flak, but it may end up looking something like this if AFL/ A-League continue to grow and RL continues to decline.

Forgot to add, that also means no fan loses their sides, it just means ( as an example) St George plays in the second tier, and fights for their right to be back in the top 12.

If Manly won the spoon, we'd go down but again fight for our right to go back up.

The top players would be spread across less teams, hopefully giving us higher quality games.

Anyway, who knows but doubt in our lifetime.

I really feel like they aren't recruiting better than us. We haven't been getting players like Hoffman (mentally weak) or grubs like Nathan Brown that literally will spend 50% of their future suspended. Vave is alright to lose, lazy in defence but good impact, still not worth his poor defence though. They have signed who to replace Kieran Foran, we made a similar mistake and it didn't work. Fogarty won't be a first grade half next year so they'll probably end up with guthburtson there, similar to us with walker... You simply cannot replace Foran with a centre or a winger but they'll learn. Watmough may come and stuff em up anyway.

We on the other hand have signed a real half, a winger with all the potential to be what he was with a good side around him and what seems to be Matagi and Sironen who will be great signings IMO. Matagi is a bruiser to add to our intimidation whilst Sironen if signed will add some skill to our side. We also have some good forwards coming through now in Lane, Jamil Hoppa and Willis Meehan and in the backs we have Parker and that Omar guy who seems like good backup. Oh yeah that reminds me, we now have real backup. Not just the heart attacks of Brayden Williame but players who can at least do nothing good nor bad, just be neutral which is what we lacked this season as well. Also may sign Whare but I think that'll be next off season
Read again today that Whare on the nose at Penrith and Manly looking likely for him next year. He's 26 and well could peak (if he is over his injury) over the next 2-3 years. Massive signing for us IMO if it comes off as it gives us two quality centres in the line up next year. Matagi and Siro would also be very handy..

Did a journalist actually write "needs Parramatta successful.."

As opposed to "needs the Parramatta club to compete successfully in 2017.."

It's like listening to Bob "They played strong" Fulton.

Yup.

Me no words cut out of article. Journo wrote as published.

The fact that GWS went within a poofteenth of an inch of reaching this years AFL Grand Final (and were only beaten by the eventual premiers), plus the Wanderers playing in last season's A-League GF will have the NRL running scared about Sydney's west. It wouldn't surprise me to see the Speels, Riff and Dogs getting the NRL's free referee ride in 2017.....

Good to see the old yardstick of poofteenth being used, love it.

Was trying to explain to my English soon to be in-laws the Australian measurement system of a poofteenth and a bees dick. Pretty much the same the same thing really but not quite.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6