Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jethro said:
Moondog said:
Well, they've just stuffed any chance I had of a perfect round in the tipping comp. Bloody Eels.

Same here. I have all the others correct so far except for that game :-/

Same. But it was worth it to see the Donkeys go down.

Clint said:
Jethro said:
Moondog said:
Well, they've just stuffed any chance I had of a perfect round in the tipping comp. Bloody Eels.

Same here. I have all the others correct so far except for that game :-/

Same. But it was worth it to see the Donkeys go down.

I would like to say I successfully tipped them and am still on for a perfect round - but the fact that I picked a broncos winning score tells me I made a lucky mistake

http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/spagnolo-ousted-as-eels-chairman-20130511-2jffv.html

Here's an old favourite of mine....

Little Johnny was sitting in his Prep Grade when the teacher asked each of the students what their fathers did for a living.

Mary answered first, "My daddy is a fire fighter! He puts out fires and saves people every day!"

Next, Billy answered "My dad’s a cop! He has a gun and drives around in a police car with the sirens on!"

Joey who sat next to Billy answered "My dad is a doctor, and everyday he helps sick people."

These common answers all circulated around the room, but Little Johnny would not answer, so the teachers asked him "Johnny, what does your father do?"

Johnny Calmly took a deep breath and said, "My dad works at a bar and takes his clothes off for other men for money, and sometimes if the offer is good enough, he will go to a cheap hotel and sleep with the other man."

The teacher shocked by this, took Johnny aside and asked, "Is that really what your father does!?!"

Johnny replied, "No Miss. My father plays for Parramatta Eels. I was just too embarrassed to tell the truth." :p:p:p

How do two promising 1st grade forwards (Harrison and lussick) from a top 4 club go so far backwards at parra? Oh that's right it's parra and Ricky, the perfect storm.

Lussick's career is a tragedy. He was absolutely fantastic on debut. It seemed like no one else in the team wanted to tear into the Scum more than he did. It's a shame that he copped a lengthy suspension from that match as I just imagine him making our grand final team that year and remaining loyal to the club afterwards.

He has gone backwards this year at Parramatta but if he had stayed I think we would have seen something special from him. All of our forwards have been on fire this season and I think we would have unlocked his potential this year.

Well if he becomes another Eels also-ran he'd certainly be in line to get picked up by our club on a cheap contract :)

There is a big cleanout of players at the Eels Speculation is that Daniel Harrison is on the outer with Stuart. 2GB just said there are 12 players getting the flick and Reni Matuia was one of them. See here http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/eels-recruitment-and-retention-update-9871/

Eels recruitment and retention update

The Parramatta Eels have issued a statement to members and fans outlining their recruitment and retention strategy going forward.

The key points are below:

Next season we welcome new recruits Corey Norman, William Hopoate, Lee Mossop and Gareth Hock. We continue to be active in the marketplace, but for obvious reasons we are not in a position to discuss with whom.

We have announced the re-signing of Jarryd Hayne, Jacob Loko, Mitchell Allgood and Ryan Morgan on extended deals.

In 2013 we have introduced 4 of our NYC Squad to First Grade – Vai Toutai, Kelepi Tanginoa, Kaysa Pritchard and Junior Paulo, plus seen the debuts of Api Pewhairangi, Peni Terepo and this Friday Brayden Wiliame.

Equally significant, though, is deciding on which players do not fit into that plan.

This morning, with the full support of the entire Eels organization, Head Coach Ricky Stuart informed the full playing squad that the services of a group of selected players will not be required beyond this season.

Some of these players are off contract at the completion of this season while the others are contracted for 2014 but have been told that they are not a part of the club’s plans moving forward and have been offered early releases.

Players off contract next season that might have received a tap on the shoulder include Luke Kelly, Daniel Harrison, Ben Smith and Ken Sio to name a few.

Read more: http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/eels-recruitment-and-retention-update-9871/#ixzz2VJPKDrJ0

Ken Sio is a good player. It is all speculation though at the moment

They have got a good crop of younger guys coming through, Tanginoa is a really good one

Hasn't Hock pulled the pin?

Rumours that Hoppa will never pull on a blue & gold have done the rounds a few times.

Any side with Sandow at 7 will never challenge.

reni matua - didn't they just make him co-captain. I think ricky needs to stop and think things through a little better before making more rash statements. case of mouth working faster than brain right now

Can we use any of these players?

Adrian Proszenko ‏@proshenks 21m
Parramatta co-captain Reni Maitua believed to be one of the dozen players set to be moved on from the club #NRL

Adrian Proszenko ‏@proshenks 10m
Other Eels players to be moved on include Matt Keating, Ben Smith, Willie Tonga, Ben Roberts, Cheyse Blair, Daniel Harrison, Nathan Smith

Wow. Positive news for Parra though. They clearly need a broom put through them and I bet they wish they could extend it to Sandow too.

It was only last year that Sio was being talked up big time. Harrison must be hating being squeezed out from us. Poor bloke.

I thought Maitua was going all right for them this year in the couple of games I've seen.

2 more named - forwards Pat O'Hanlon and Matthew Eisenhuth

Maitua marched as a dozen Eels players shown the exit

Fairfax Media has been told that Maitua, Matt Keating, Ben Smith, Willie Tonga, Ben Roberts, Cheyse Blair, Daniel Harrison, Nathan Smith, Pat O’Hanlon and Matthew Eisenhuth are among those on the chopping block. Some of those on the list have recently re-signed or are on contract for 2014.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/maitua-marched-as-a-dozen-eels-players-shown-the-exit-20130605-2nppz.html#ixzz2VJaRW3KV

Cheyse Blair could be handy backup out wide as well

This is a pretty good statement from the Eels imo

"Over a long period of time, there have been a lot of people who have lost their jobs at the Eels without the playing group ever being held accountable. As of*today *the playing group is being held accountable."

We should go and sign someone who is not on that list like Peni Terepo just to give eels fans the ****s.

Everyone on that list is rubbish

Parra will not win anything with speedbump Sandow at half.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Cheyse Blair could be handy backup out wide as well

This is a pretty good statement from the Eels imo

"Over a long period of time, there have been a lot of people who have lost their jobs at the Eels without the playing group ever being held accountable. As of*today *the playing group is being held accountable."

C'mon Kiwi - I thought you were a good judge - Cheyse Blair is the worst player I have seen in first grade for years.

I'd take Harrison back in a heartbeat. Solid player for bench rotation, never let us down. Can't believe Stuart hasn't used him this year.

He has potential as a back up centre/wing under the right coaching and in the right environment

I remember a lot of similar assessments about Robbo when we signed him

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7