LOL Newcastle and Wayne Bennett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Bennett is a myth he had the Qld team playing for the Broncos and inherited a strong squad at the Dragons. It is really enjoyable watching him struggle.

I have a funny feeling (based on absolutely nothing but how cool it would be if it actually happened) that Bennett will walk from Newcastle, citing an inability to work with the club's long-standing recreational drug culture…

I'm shocked. I actually thought Newcastle had a reasonable squad before a ball was kicked this year. I expected that they would at least be able to scrape into the top 8.

Wayne Bennett has been slack with this team and it must hurt their fans knowing that they're pretty much out of contention even though they have 11 games to play.

It's what happen when you buy **** and has beens.

Tahu, Snowden, Buderus, Cuthbertson & Mason. I might add from what I have seen this rubbish has been amongst their better performers.

Speaking to a few guys that have followed the BRL up here don't be surprised if Bennett does what he did to Souths(Bris) have a shocking year and then come out and smash every one

I'd be very surprised tbh. There's a lack of talent in that squad. If Boyd can regain some form, and he can get Mullen playing consistently then they'll go alright. Buderus is struggling, and will be another year older. They've got the potential to get in the Top 6, but I can't see them challenging for a Premiership until they get an injection of talent. Beau Scott doesn't count.

I'm sure Bennett will buy a lot of the Dogs' cast-offs for bargain prices, but I don't think it will help Newcastle much.
Anyone thought that he may be too old for the job?

You can LOL at Bennett BUT at a Million Dollars plus each year fir 3 years (or is it 4) and the use of Tinklers private jet to travel to and from Brisbane to see his family whenever he wants (and you can bet it's more than twice a week)...he might be the one laughing back!!

Mark you would know yourself no matter how much you get paid, if you are a person driven by success and you arent achieving it, its a terrible feeling.

Bennett has plenty of money already so its not about the $$$.

That's correct Clon BUT Bennett has a couple of disabled kids and he has said that this contract was "all about them"......but no doubt he will want success and you can bet Tinkler will be "up him for the rent".

Interesting times in the Hunter.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4