LoL - Jesus - Make an effort !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Kiwi Eagle link said:
Hopefully may catcb up with some of the crew up in Auckland Vid, not 100% sure I will head up yet but am trying to put some wheels in motion with a few mates

Good stuff KE and hope you can make it - even if you have to come alone you'll be given a warm welcome and have a great time.

We'll be travelling up from Taupo on the Saturday before the game and heading back there on the Monday so overnight in AKL Sat/Sun night - Not sure if we'd pass you on SH1 as we head north but will have room for a couple of passengers and more than happy to give you a lift if that helps?

Vid, from a personal standpoint, I am very excited about a number of things, and you won't hear me complaining about:-

a) The current playing roster and / or any current players;
b) The coaching staff;
c) The board;
d) The prices of tickets / merchandise etc;
e) The entertainment & excitement this team brings me;
f) The mates I have made through this and other Manly websites;
g) Memberships (now that I understand them a lot better) :)

etc etc...

I have one issue, and I base that issue on the fact that I would like examples of (a-g) to continue going forward, and be sustained in a competitive market.

That's all it comes down to. My team. Idealistic yes. Simplistic yes. Commercial viability is extremely important in today's business world (and an 11 mill+ turnover business, that needs realistically to increase that by 25% over the next 18 months to remain competitive off the field) IS a business, don't have any doubts about that.

I have no agenda. I have no dislike of anyone in particular. I would argue a point to anyone that has an opinion different to mine, and am always flexible enough to be swayed in any argument (stubborness is not a trait of mine).

I think I am entitled to believe that any CEO brought in on the premise that they have to mend something negative in the first place is both weak, and really, just wrong - and I blame existing management (not Lowe) for that.

I believe that if Penn and Delmege were best mates, and things were running very smoothly, we'd be looking for very different qualities in a CEO. Imagine a large Bank (for example - hehehehe), hired a CEO based on the fact that 2 board members were not getting on, and the CEO who knew how to bring capital, investment & a stronger asset base (including performance & goodwill), as well as 4 straight years of financial improvement was let go........how do you think the shareholders would feel? I shudder to think what the share price would be !

Not a good "business" decision. A good PR decision? Yes. A good HR position, yes. Viable long term? Hmmmm...

Everyone's getting the ****s that I'm going on about the subject, so I'm gonna drop it now though mate. The proof will be in the pudding. All I have seen so far though, is an "interesting" interview to say the least, and a collapse at an airport, where we had to have a stand in for some time.  

Christchurch here mate so will be plane all the way for me, a couple of the girls mentioned they want to head up to a Warriors match this season and asked if I wanted to come, so have started sewing the Easter seed into them haha, hopefully it works

Ryan link said:
Everyone's getting the S**ts that I'm going on about the subject, so I'm gonna drop it now though mate. The proof will be in the pudding. All I have seen so far though, is an \"interesting\" interview to say the least, and a collapse at an airport, where we had to have a stand in for some time. 
  Bottle it for the day where you are vindicated.  It's probably not a matter of if, but when.

vidmar link said:
This is not meant to kick off a whole debate about “true support” or who is the better fan, rather that when I see people generally being excited and happy in the support of their club and enjoying it and the interaction with other fans and then compare the doom and gloom and often unfounded attacks on this site from time to time it is a stark and obvious contrast and makes me wonder why there are some that are trying to promote this culture on here.

Happy to hear any thoughts?
  I can see why Lowe's sentimental candy floss works on you.  As in 2004, when people were upset with those suggesting a 72-12 flogging was not the club's brightest hour, there are those here who consider the bigger picture and wonder what the Travelling Supportahs (gay name) will be doing in 4 years time when Lowe and Delmege have run the club we all support into the ground.

No worries KE and again hope to see you there.

Stay tuned on here and on MWSE for the plans for the weekend and the game?
Ryan, good post and points well put.

I’d be surprised if Graham was hired purely and simply to appease the owners.
Bear in mind that all of the things we want him to achieve will likely be in line with what the owners and Sea Eagles board want and no doubt so much more.

As a Sea Eagles member you are fully entitled to raise your concerns directly with the CEO and the board and I’d strongly urge you to try to catch up with Graham at some stage and have a chat with him if you can to see whether he can allay your concerns?

You obviously built a relationship and felt comfortable in the talks you had with Grant Mayer and what you felt he achieved so how about seeing if you are able to build links with and offer the same opportunity to the new CEO?

Alternatively, He has been chosen for the role, has started it so hold your reservations and like the rest of us watch with interest, do what you can to help and support him and continue to support your team?

Time will tell but here’s hoping that Wheels post above is a “Told you so” come the end of the season?

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=182246.msg249536#msg249536 date=1263974414]

Everyone's getting the S**ts that I'm going on about the subject, so I'm gonna drop it now though mate. The proof will be in the pudding. All I have seen so far though, is an \"interesting\" interview to say the least, and a collapse at an airport, where we had to have a stand in for some time.  
 Bottle it for the day where you are vindicated.  It's probably not a matter of if, but when.
[/quote]

I do not think many are disagreeing with him, I agree 100%.  It is just that we know his position on the matter, inside and out.  

Matabele link said:
[quote author=vidmar link=topic=182246.msg249532#msg249532 date=1263969283]

This is not meant to kick off a whole debate about “true support” or who is the better fan, rather that when I see people generally being excited and happy in the support of their club and enjoying it and the interaction with other fans and then compare the doom and gloom and often unfounded attacks on this site from time to time it is a stark and obvious contrast and makes me wonder why there are some that are trying to promote this culture on here.

Happy to hear any thoughts?
 I can see why Lowe's sentimental candy floss works on you.  As in 2004, when people were upset with those suggesting a 72-12 flogging was not the club's brightest hour, there are those here who consider the bigger picture and wonder what the Travelling Supportahs (gay name) will be doing in 4 years time when Lowe and Delmege have run the club we all support into the ground.
[/quote]

Ho hum...name calling?

Not exactly in the true spirit of debate that Ryan was so passionately defending earlier? LOL

Is that the same Delmege you referred to in such derogatory terms that put bag loads of cash in to the club so that we didn't disappear in 2004?

His altruism and the subsequent investment by the Penn family have shown me what they can do for the club and where their loyalty to the club lies?

I'd love for you to come to the party and to share with us what your idea of the big picture should be because if you are to be believed there is no one at the club that has the ability or even intention for the club to be around in years to come so best you save us and spare us from years of distress?

I didn’t take you for a numerologist Andrew - Isn't 2012 supposed to be when the world ends - not 4 years from now?

Vid, dont you realise everything that mata doesnt like is gay, stupid, dumb, etc whilst everything he likes is the best, tops, the greatest etc.

A few years back you could look at the first page of the forum and see half a dozen posts bagging out zorba then bang, best mates with a family member and not a single negative post since.

Just play some test cricket and leave it to go through to the keeper.

I've been on the forums for years and I've rarely seen many positive posts from Matabele in regards to the the club, FC and management.

swoop link said:
I've been on the forums for years and I've rarely seen many positive posts from Matabele in regards to the the club, FC and management.

Unless it involves the Penn's!!!!!!!!!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4