LOCK DCE IN FOR LIFE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
susan said:
What do you expect from this bloke.Anyone key board cowboy can regurgitate that coaching mumbo jumbo.He takes up acres of room here expounding his theories.I would like to see the coaching resume that backs all the hyperbola each week.I won't be holding my breath.Any chance of seeing it.

We all like to talk about strategies and coaching policy etc in a laymans sense;it is part of supporting a team but this endless technical rambling is just ****e.

As a supporter the game is about smelling the roses in the good times and enjoying the success of our great players like DCE and sticking hard in the bad times-not about sifting through pages of this stuff.

Thurston can't play(Australian halfback for years,won 7 straight origin series),DCE is overrated(earmarked as future Aus captain,in the test side at 22),Manly's attack has always been a problem(4 gfs in 7 years,11 straight top 8s,2 titles),Manly cheat the salary cap(zero evidence).Hear it endlessly from this bloke and it is rubbish.

THIS for mine too.

I guess we're all entitled to an opinion, and can choose to read certain posters, or not...lol.

Cherry has occasionally not quite been ''on'' as often as I'd like, but the bottom line is, No I wouldn't swap him for ANY other half out there and it's exciting to imagine what he and Manly could produce in future!

Hopefully yesterday was a great taste!

Mals said:
I just wish he wasn't playing for Aus this Friday night
It's all good for his development at this stage of his career. Plus with his frequent rep commitments he has plenty of opportunity to mix with other players/coaches etc so he won't ever feel he is missing out on anything by remaining at Manly long term.

Horses for courses. The two posters I can nominate off the top of my head who I generally enjoy most on this site are susan and TC. Pity that Susan feels the need to produce such a nasty petty rant against a fellow poster who consistently puts an interesting point of view, complete with the usual tedious guff about how bad it is to say anthing too complex. And i didn't realise that everyone was compelled to be so positive. I've heard plenty of negativity from you Susan, as with anyone who has a critical faculty. Without it, this site would be rubbish.

Fair enough Xavier. My gripe is not about his negativity re DCE or anyone else.The DCE comment was simply the trigger for this criticism.I have been negative when it is warranted for sure. and will be again if thats my opinion.On this occasion raising a negative connotation to one of the great performances by an NRL half in a lot of years is ludicrous. Anyone think of a young player in the halves in the last decade with this bloke's talent and record of achievement at such a young age.Thurston took time,Cronk took time.Johns and Lockyer are the ones that spring to mind.Not bad company.

The difference is I don't couch my opinion in such a way that suggests everyone else are but mere minions in the supposedly incredibly complex world of Rugby League.All it is is my opinion and quite often it is wrong.

My gripe is about the pages and pages of stuff regurgitated ad nauseum as if he is Wayne Bennet and expects me to treat his views as gospel due to its technical mumbo jumbo..Thurston cant play,DCE overrated,Manly cant attack......please.

And one very important point.

Complex DOES NOT necessarily = insightful or correct, in fact it is often the first bastion of a fool.

And don't give me this petty stuff. Hes a big boy.Im sure he will produce 3 pages of high analytical material to shoot me down.As is his right.

susan said:
My gripe is about the pages and pages of stuff regurgitated ad nauseum as if he is Wayne Bennett

I always thought he was Des, and that the TC posting was his way of maintaining a link to a successful club. He denied it when I called him on it, but Des has been less than honest to Manly fans in the past... :p

SE8 point taken---- never professed to be the best writer, sometimes I push the boundaries of my vocabulary limit other times lazy bad grammar habits pop in. In my rush I am guilty of not structuring my posts in the most efficient manner totally agree with your thoughts and others.

In saying that how can people get the impression from the statement “could be one of the best halves to ever play the game” be taken as “i don't rate DCE.(you don't say someone could be one of the best ever if you don't presently rate his game makes no logical sense)

I have never said but open to be corrected that DCE is over-rated, I have stated that there are issues in his game over the last 3 years that need to be addressed. Most of my replies in relation to this subject are usually to calm peoples expectations down especially in old threads from the last few years stating “DCE is already better than or equal to Cooper Cronk going back to 2011 onwards.( I have stated in the past he is getting closer but still not above Cronk yet)

THURSTON IS OVER-RATED no chance of people twisting this comment I hope.

All this crap about being a State of Origin star for the last 7yrs as if he was the major contributing factor lol give me a break. During this period it would not have mattered who was playing Half with Lockyer, Smith, Slater, Inglis, Folau etc etc but people are “entitled to their opinion lol” no matter how keyboard coach crazy it is.

Cameron Smith is the major reason for QLD's and Melb's success, just adding Smith to the NSW squad would have resulted in a few series wins to NSW during this period--- this is how much of an influence he has on games.

The Cowboys have wasted salary cap space on Thurston, if you go back to posts I made years ago I stated the Cowboys will not win a GF with Thurston being the main man, all these years later and I am still waiting. Cowboys could have had a more balanced team using some of his cap space in other areas and a good coach would have built up a better half on half the money.

Mick Potter is doing his best to create the above making hard decisions which will benefit the Tigers in the future if he can hold the squad together but still has a long way to go.(Benji is over-rated also but more in the sense of not being the right player to build a team around and to build structures that will hold up long term)

At least this “Keyboard Coach” never suggested that Foran should play lock lol way back in 09 or 10, and stating Foran is not a ball player lol ----hmmm I wonder which person had this brain snap but at least I respected your opinion and just stated a different point of view.(Now it is open season for comebacks)

People go back to my original posts in this thread, I complimented some of the great balls DCE put on display and also complimented Toovey as a coach. In his short time many of the changes I wanted to our attacking structures and forwards in the past seem to fall inline with Geoff's way of thinking also. (If that is a negative post I’m out of here)

Ok if you want to be simplistic and say “Manly have usually been at the top or near the top in attack" and that is your basis of “tick of approval” well fine. If making and winning GF's is all that matters and the whole general season of performance means nothing that is fine also.

My response to the above Attack and GF comments is this...

For a team that has so many rep and international level players averaging around 10 if not more per season for the last 7yrs or so and to not win a minor premiership in this time suggests to me Manly under perform during the regular season.

I know it is all about peaking at the right time and who cares about the minor premiership “I AGREE” but I do personally feel that Minor Premierships are under valued---in the end it shows the best team over a prolonged period of time, making a GF might only require 6 weeks of peaking.

I”M NOT SAYING I PREFER A MINOR PREMIERSHIP OVER GF's(getting in before others twist) I just feel with the amount of rep players Manly have just slipping in the four then peaking is not always a standard I would be happy with from a personal level. I like how Bellamy thinks along the same lines that he values the Minor Premiership and personally feels it is undervalued also.

Ok please don't reply “Bellamy the salary cap cheat who cares what he thinks” the point is there is pride being the best team throughout the whole season which in some ways is harder than winning a GF.

Re Foran and your whole persona TC read this part of my above post again and memorise it

"All it is is my opinion and it is quite often wrong"

That, my friend, is the difference.

I'd have to agree TC about the minor premierships. If a team got the two byes and drew every game they would finish the season on 28 points and because there was so many draws in the season they would make the finals. Then win a few games in a row and be premiers.

By far the best Number 7 in the game. The only reason he doesnt get praised for it is that he plays for Manly. If he was at souffs he would be the greatest player in history accroding to nine and the NRL.

His performance against the raiders was the best from any Number 7 this year. That was a Number 7 masterclass.

I agree, if the Roos side is picked on form, he is miles ahead of Cronk. He should be the Roos and Qld No.7 (although i would prefer we wrap him in cotton wool instead for those games. :) ).

I Think the club knows it must keep DCE for life. If he keeps this form up over his carrer he will be one the best players ever to have played rugby league.

Thurston and Cronk werent as good as him at this stage of their careers.

susan said:
Re Foran and your whole persona TC read this part of my above post again and memorise it

I have never once stated i am right you or others are wrong,(exception being the most recent post in reply to you because it was warranted)

I just state a point of view try and back it up with some analysis and put it out for others to read simple as that.

If people disagree that is fine back it up with some analysis of their own no need to get personal. People here get offended when fans favourites are analyzed from a different not "Manly Clap Clap Clap" perspective and take it as a negative all the time.

For example my views about Glenn Stewart the past few years, Glenn was my favourite player for quite some time but that is not going to stop me looking at the negatives also.

It appears now the coaching staff at Manly have been feeling the same way but those faceless back stabbers did not have the guts, the nerve or the respect to tell it to his face, just dressed it up as "salary cap pressure".

Glenn deserved better than that....

Technical Coach said:
susan said:

I have never once stated i am right you or others are wrong,(exception being the most recent post in reply to you because it was warranted)

I just state a point of view try and back it up with some analysis and put it out for others to read simple as that.

If people disagree that is fine back it up with some analysis of their own no need to get personal. People here get offended when fans favourites are analyzed from a different not "Manly Clap Clap Clap" perspective and take it as a negative all the time.

For example my views about Glenn Stewart the past few years, Glenn was my favourite player for quite some time but that is not going to stop me looking at the negatives also.

It appears now the coaching staff at Manly have been feeling the same way but those faceless back stabbers did not have the guts, the nerve or the respect to tell it to his face, just dressed it up as "salary cap pressure".

Lol - reel them in.

Who needs trolls :)

Jeez I like this guy - keep winding them up and watch them snap like a dog at a pesky fly.

:)

Technical Coach said:
susan said:

Well you're right and you're wrong.....sorry just had to say that after your initial comments. Seemed appropriate
:D:D:D:D

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8