LOCK DCE IN FOR LIFE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Joey had some pretty good clay to work with though, you'd have to agree. Do you remember how Joey went with Shaun Johnson while he was working with the Warriors? Johnson finished the year in reserve grade. Has he improved without John's tutelage?

My point is, credit where credit is due. It seems to me that whenever there is a thread about how good DCE is, you are quick to jump in and tell us we are wrong and that Foran is the better of the 2 by far.

Does Foran have any improvement left in him, now that Joey has arrived? If Foz has an all round better game than DCE, and DCE has so much improvement left in him, does that mean DCE will be the more valuable to the club in the future?

I don't want you to change mate. :)

niccipops said:
Can play some football apparently this DCE.
When I was at Brookie for the sharkies match I really appreciated it when Cherry shook my hand and said, "Thanks for coming."
It didn't matter that he said this to hundreds of others. I'm claiming it personally.
Champion bloke and player and it would be absolutely awesome to have him a Sea Eagle for life.

Nah screw him, he brushed my boy at the a Parra game - first class a-hole. I don't care that we were standing right next to his wife and kid, first class tool.

:p

Technical Coach said:
There is a try in the Cronulla game Manly scored that actually best illustrates the openings available on the inside---we too often go into auto sweeping play mode with no thought of keeping the inside honest. In this instance Foran did go back inside the previous play which showed maturity and composure to set up the next play better but during the sweeping play that resulted in a try keep an eye on the inside run i think it was JSL.

Agree totally. Not enough halves look inside. With the amount of mind numbing sweeping **** that goes on every week it would be so easy to sell it out the back then throw a short ball inside to a big forward.

It's all too robotic. Whoever has the best decoy runners and fullback who picks the right pass scores. This is why Manly benefit with the play as Stewarts pass selection is 10/10

Dan said:
Technical Coach said:
Seriously Kevin you have got to be kidding right?

I'm a big DCE fan but he has areas in his game that suffer big time under pressure, i'm not a supporter who has a favourite player and can never find faults in their favourites.

The issue i have with DCE is he does not play square enough or straight enough for himself or others once he improves in these areas he will become one the best halves the game has seen.

The ball to a line running Buhrer was beautiful to watch, and the double pump to draw the outside defence in and pass to a deeper wider player was all class and well thought out.(I've suggested this play for years using the second man plays as decoys and going deeper or wider around the defence)

Watmough getting a try off just a simple inside hip play is just one area Manly can improve with variations and decoys on the inside, there are so many lazy inside defenders and lapses of concentration thinking the play is going to continue shifting outwards to take advantage of.

There is actually a try in the Cronulla game Manly scored that actually best illustrates the openings available on the inside---we too often go into auto sweeping play mode with no thought of keeping the inside honest. In this instance Foran did go back inside the previous play which showed maturity and composure to set up the next play better but during the sweeping play that resulted in a try keep an eye on the inside run i think it was JSL.

tough task master, most experts will tell you DCE is already one of the best PLAYERS in the league and easily one of the top 3 if not top 2 halves in the game, i think cronk and thurston just edge him on experience but pure skill and natural talent drips from this guy

Hey Dan did i say he is not one of the best halves in the game--- this is what annoys me most on this site i never stated he wasn't one of the best yet i get my comments twisted to come across this way. (i stated he will become one of the best halves the game has seen if he improves certain areas of his game)

Thurston as people know very well here is over-rated in my eyes but i don't mind if people feel he is a great player, even the best current and past players are bad judges of talent sometimes.

I won't judge others having the point of view that Thurston is one of the best halves or best player in the game we are all "entitled to our own opinion" lol ---i hate that line when people use it i already know i am entitled to my own opinion no need to remind me lol.

Technical Coach said:
captaincarpo said:
Technical Coach said:
mozgrame said:
With Foran running the show last week, we got away with a win. Excellent! With DCE running the show this week, we slaughtered them. Fantastic!! Look TC, it's a TEAM effort, week in, week out. You and I both know that. Why are you always so quick to dismiss or label DCE as inferior? At this stage of their careers, are you saying Foran is at his pinnacle, but DCE has room to improve? If that's the case....pay Cherry whatever he wants, like Napper says!

DCE is not inferior, he has a more rounded skillset than Foran he just falls into many bad habits that need to be trained out of him.

Way too often he gets man of the match and does not deserve it, or people look at his great games and just forget the bad ones due to Manly still winning.

People tend to forget i felt Forans development was stagnating under Hasler and was looking predictable until Joey arrived,(Both halves have improved big time under Joey) just because i mention a flaw or performance issue does not mean i am not a fan, same with Brett Stewart.

Too often fans of players just don't want to see the negatives just enjoy all the positives and they can do no wrong.

Way too many people on this site were bagging Andrew Johns saying he is not doing much for their development(which at the time myself and a few others defended his appointment), i don't see those same people offering compliments about Joeys involvement now.

I pay compliments just as much as i see technical issues that come across as me being "negative" in some readers eyes but i'm not going to change.

So what exactly was the flaw with setting up 6 tries today? Seriously? You are not the great technical coach you claim to be if you are finding faults today!

Did i say he had faults in his game today i'm talking about his history as a player.

Some people like to twist my comments around seriously grow up.

No one twists your comments around! You said them! I suppose Jesus wouldn't be in your first 13 of Christians! ?

mozgrame said:
Joey had some pretty good clay to work with though, you'd have to agree. Do you remember how Joey went with Shaun Johnson while he was working with the Warriors? Johnson finished the year in reserve grade. Has he improved without John's tutelage?

My point is, credit where credit is due. It seems to me that whenever there is a thread about how good DCE is, you are quick to jump in and tell us we are wrong and that Foran is the better of the 2 by far.

Does Foran have any improvement left in him, now that Joey has arrived? If Foz has an all round better game than DCE, and DCE has so much improvement left in him, does that mean DCE will be the more valuable to the club in the future?

I don't want you to change mate. :)

I never said Foran has a better all round game than DCE i said the exact opposite.

Both halves have improved with Joeys involvement, just because a player has a more rounded skillset does not "always" make them a better player, it is about using your skillset and executing well under pressure combined with good structures that hold up long term so their skillset can flourish when the heat is on.

I AM A HUGE FAN OF DCE ONE MORE TIIIIIMMMMMEEEEE....

captaincarpo said:
Technical Coach said:
captaincarpo said:
Technical Coach said:
mozgrame said:
With Foran running the show last week, we got away with a win. Excellent! With DCE running the show this week, we slaughtered them. Fantastic!! Look TC, it's a TEAM effort, week in, week out. You and I both know that. Why are you always so quick to dismiss or label DCE as inferior? At this stage of their careers, are you saying Foran is at his pinnacle, but DCE has room to improve? If that's the case....pay Cherry whatever he wants, like Napper says!

DCE is not inferior, he has a more rounded skillset than Foran he just falls into many bad habits that need to be trained out of him.

Way too often he gets man of the match and does not deserve it, or people look at his great games and just forget the bad ones due to Manly still winning.

People tend to forget i felt Forans development was stagnating under Hasler and was looking predictable until Joey arrived,(Both halves have improved big time under Joey) just because i mention a flaw or performance issue does not mean i am not a fan, same with Brett Stewart.

Too often fans of players just don't want to see the negatives just enjoy all the positives and they can do no wrong.

Way too many people on this site were bagging Andrew Johns saying he is not doing much for their development(which at the time myself and a few others defended his appointment), i don't see those same people offering compliments about Joeys involvement now.

I pay compliments just as much as i see technical issues that come across as me being "negative" in some readers eyes but i'm not going to change.

So what exactly was the flaw with setting up 6 tries today? Seriously? You are not the great technical coach you claim to be if you are finding faults today!

Did i say he had faults in his game today i'm talking about his history as a player.

Some people like to twist my comments around seriously grow up.

No one twists your comments around! You said them! I suppose Jesus wouldn't be in your first 13 of Christians! ?

Ok then show where i stated that today there were flaws in his game, i bet i could probably find some if i view a better version of the game but that is being a real perfectionist beyond being crazy.

Technical Coach said:
Come on people calm down great game but seriously you don't judge a players ability off the back of games like these, what you do enjoy in these games is the array of skills he has on display.

It's about execution under pressure in a tight game is when threads like these should pop up all over the place think Foran just last week and several other inspirational displays.

It happens way too often DCE will have a big game everyone jumps on the bandwagon then straight away the inconsistency and poor habits pop up under pressure.

Either way loving how under Toovey Manly are more capable of blowing teams away at certain times more so than the Hasler years still a long way to go though.

There, above is your veiled critical, view of our halves!

@"Technical coach" yes you did

"The issue i have with DCE is he does not play square enough or straight enough for himself or others once he improves in these areas he will become one the best halves the game has seen."

By saying will become one of the best halves in the game says that you do not think he currently is.

Hard to argue against your own words hey

And "it happens way too often DCE will have a big game everyone jumps on the bandwagon then STRAIGHT AWAY ( capitals for emphasis) the inconsistency and bad habits pop up under pressure." Please explain?

Dan said:

"The issue i have with DCE is he does not play square enough or straight enough for himself or others once he improves in these areas he will become one the best halves the game has seen."

By saying will become one of the best halves in the game says that you do not think he currently is.

Thank you Dan, I couldn't find that other quote!

In my opinion Foran had been a bit disappointing up until the Cowboys match last week where he was forced to take on more of the ball playing role in the absence of DCE. I haven't seen him take the ball right to the line before ball playing to that extent since a match against Souths at Brookvale a few years ago which he excelled in. Both Foran and DCE could improve their decision making under pressure. I still can't believe that pass that Foran tried to throw in the Grand final last year under pressure with his outside man surrounded late in the tackle count when nothing was on which released the pressure on the Roosters at a crucial time. I just think that close to the opposition's line against quality opposition things tend to break down more than they should .

driftout said:
In my opinion Foran had been a bit disappointing up until the Cowboys match last week where he was forced to take on more of the ball playing role in the absence of DCE. I haven't seen him take the ball right to the line before ball playing to that extent since a match against Souths at Brookvale a few years ago which he excelled in. Both Foran and DCE could improve their decision making under pressure. I still can't believe that pass that Foran tried to throw in the Grand final last year under pressure with his outside man surrounded late in the tackle count when nothing was on which released the pressure on the Roosters at a crucial time. I just think that close to the opposition's line against quality opposition things tend to break down more than they should .

Did you miss the game against the Roosters this year ?? Foran was superb in that game.

Silvertails prayer: Give us this day our Daly Cherry Evans.

captaincarpo said:
Seriously? You're kidding yourself if you don't think this kid can play! Everyone I watched the game with, all non manly fans said he should be Australia's half in the test next week! After viewing your posts over many years a lot of them have merit. This time you are just plain wrong! What more could he have done? Except in his post match interview, say " thank you linesman, thank you ball boys?"
Get over your ridiculously over scrutinising crap!
You have to admit he was very cold when he was interviewed as man of the match :D

Dan said:

No, "will become one of the best halves the game has seen" means he is presently one of the best halves in the game and could become one of the best halves ever to play the game"

How my comments are twisted to suggest he is not one of the best halves in the game is beyond me.

I suggest that if you feel your comments are being misread or twisted, well the issue falls on you, the communicator.

Let me give you some technical coaching. In communication the responsibility for understanding is that of the person talking, not those listening. So if you are not being understood this is your fault not ours

Great game by DCE, and the positive is he is still learning his craft. That game today will rank as about as close to a 10 out of 10 that you will get (will be interesting to see what the publications give him), but I agree with other posters that he is not at full potential yet. And I would currently rate him in the top 3 halves (alongside Cronk and Thurston), but they have no upside as far as I can see, and if anything are on slightly on the slide. DCE is clipping them both and still has more improvement left in him!

Chip and Chase said:
driftout said:

Did you miss the game against the Roosters this year ?? Foran was superb in that game.

I just think he's a lot more effective when used as he was against the Cowboys. He's not nearly as effective when playing early before the line. When he takes the ball to the line , engages the line and then passes he's a totally different player .

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4