Living in Qld and being a Manly supporter

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
When i worked in Brisbane i used to love talking footy the day after a qld origin loss, starting conversations with " Whatna great game last night" or "NSW was the better team". The locals would have no idea how to answer me.

Its a joy to be a sea eagle supporter up here and watching the Broncos supporters spluttering and making excuses the day after a Broncos defeat.>:):p
Poor little donkeys! They have the best stadium in the country, news limited money on tap, a pick of all the best juniors in Queensland. A regular and favourable draw from the NRL and half a state team to boot as well. Always nice when they lose.

I went to the game last night. Awesome atmosphere with 44,000 people. A really flat game to watch and the crowd just couldn't get into. I thought the Bronc's were terrible. No idea in attack and leaked easy metres in defence. I lived in Adelaide for a year in the early 90's and there was no such thing as league down there and the SOO was on TV at 11.30pm. Sitting in the middle of the Broncos crowd and listening to their parochial comments about off sides and forward passes are really amusing. They really need another team up here to rid that one team city attitude.

My wish is for the Broncos to make the Grand final.

Have a big week of hype, first GF appearance since ought six.

Then have them get SMASHED in the decider. Or even better a close game decided by an incorrect referee ruling against them.

Brisbane fans are yet to experience the pain of a GF loss, I'd love to see that.

I HATE the Broncos.

They have had their own way for way too long and the NRL are too scared to take on news limited up there and give Brisbane folks an alternative team. This needs to happen soon.

I don't watch the Broncos FNF-fest, but each Saturday I can tell if they've won, or not. If I see a heap of worn jerseys (even on a warm day), win. If I don't see a single jersey, even after an hour on the Queens St Mall, loss. Fickle lot, up here.

Not like the staunch, rock solid Manly fans that vent and fume, call ref's cheats and blame the clubs useless administration on here after a loss.

At least you don't hear too many Bronco's fans (here anyway) denigrating their own team members.

Yep! Their fans suck!!

@:p

My wish is for the Broncos to make the Grand final.

Have a big week of hype, first GF appearance since ought six.

Then have them get SMASHED in the decider. Or even better a close game decided by an incorrect referee ruling against them.

Brisbane fans are yet to experience the pain of a GF loss, I'd love to see that.

I HATE the Broncos.

This x 2

Not like the staunch, rock solid Manly fans that vent and fume, call ref's cheats and blame the clubs useless administration on here after a loss.

At least you don't hear too many Bronco's fans (here anyway) denigrating their own team members.

Yep! Their fans suck!!

They don't have a chip on their shoulder like we do!!

Yep! Their fans suck!!

They have no real passion for their artificial club.
Origin seems to be more important to them than club footy. It seems weird but I guess from their perspective it has 8 years more history than their club, so maybe it does make sense, in a "who are ya" kind of way.

Denigrating their own team members is one way of looking at it.
Pointing out errors in judgment that have been made by the club is another way.
Maybe they aren't smart enough to see it. Maybe they don't care enough. Maybe the fact that you're a Manly supporter means you pay more attention to what Manly supporters do than bongos supporters.

When i worked in Brisbane i used to love talking footy the day after a qld origin loss, starting conversations with " Whatna great game last night" or "NSW was the better team". The locals would have no idea how to answer me.
Yeah well in all honesty the last ten years or so haven't been exactly full of joy in this arena..

They have had their own way for way too long and the NRL are too scared to take on news limited up there and give Brisbane folks an alternative team. This needs to happen soon.

The ARL tried that back in the 90's with the Crushers which was a dismal failure all round. Unfortunately for the Crushers, where the ARL would normally have been able to bail them out (a-la the various teams based on the Gold Coast), the coming of SL meant the Crushers became like a forgotten child. Funds that could have helped the club survive were put into a bidding war for as many players as they could sign across the board.

And that's not to mention the fact that the Donkeys and their evil owners (News Ltd.) were doing everything they could to make life nigh on impossible for their new neighbours.

Hopefully any future Brisbane based team will be in a much healthier financial position than the Crushers ever were.

They have no real passion for their artificial club.
Origin seems to be more important to them than club footy. It seems weird but I guess from their perspective it has 8 years more history than their club, so maybe it does make sense, in a "who are ya" kind of way.

Denigrating their own team members is one way of looking at it.
Pointing out errors in judgment that have been made by the club is another way.
Maybe they aren't smart enough to see it. Maybe they don't care enough. Maybe the fact that you're a Manly supporter means you pay more attention to what Manly supporters do than bongos supporters.

There has never been any doubt in my mind that Qldrs love SOO far more than week to week footy. You are right that that I am 100% Manly and focus on us more than any other club, but that doesn't change my surroundings, my work associates and friends that to a person, are nearly all Bronco's, Cowboys or Titans supporters. I'm just saying they cop a loss the exact way that certain people on here do, except they don't usually single any players out and ridicule them. They don't flog their player in the same way say...Hasson cops it on here at times.

In all honesty though, (and I get your points, Mate) I'm reading these forums on a regular basis whereas when it comes to Bronco's supporters, I'm talking to them face to face and they usually cop it sweet. Bagging the refs etc, but we all do that.

I'd probably find a whole different story if I visited their forums, but I just don't give a rats arse about them, so I shan't be doing that. I do love watching them lose however. Immensely! Especially when a local bloke from here gets MOM. :clap:

Unlike Manly fans,they tend to jump ship like rats if they fail too often and will swing to their "other team"where we tend to stay loyal to the death and beyond.
We will all be back next season full of hope.

In my opinion there are three realistic chances to win the premiership, Easts, the Dogs and the Storm. I'll be very surprised if a club outside of these three makes the grand final.

I don't watch the Broncos FNF-fest, but each Saturday I can tell if they've won, or not. If I see a heap of worn jerseys (even on a warm day), win. If I don't see a single jersey, even after an hour on the Queens St Mall, loss. Fickle lot, up here.
Interesting.
To wear your jersey after a loss, shows a True believer.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4