Live game updates in this thread PLZ

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Its also hard to judge when we are missing Matai, Wolfman and Killer. Im glad Snake has had a decent game.

Greg choice link said:
[quote author=Pittwater Legend link=topic=186807.msg322249#msg322249 date=1299924685]
I've got to give a wrap to our defence. Considering the number of young guys in the team and the loss of Lyon it's been a gallant effort.

Attack has been shocking tonight. I hope it's only first round jitters because we will go nowhere playing like this.
You are kidding young guy's look at the team we are against rebuilt in an off season yet we are the same rabble we were last year. Foran and the hyphen gee I can only dream about the orford days when we see this rubbish, yes the hyphens first game but foran has failed to deliver any of his early promise.
[/quote]

I stand by our defence. It's been alright. We crucified ourselves with ball in hand though.

We lost our first few games in '08 if I remember correctly - lets have some perspective people. I don't think we will take out the comp but the fact is we were playing a team with a point to prove, we will win more than we lose i am sure of that.

Why does Des take away the first time half back's 5/8? Why not put one of the second rowers into the centres and give the half some help?

Pittwater Legend link said:
[quote author=Greg choice link=topic=186807.msg322256#msg322256 date=1299925039]
[quote author=Pittwater Legend link=topic=186807.msg322249#msg322249 date=1299924685]
I've got to give a wrap to our defence. Considering the number of young guys in the team and the loss of Lyon it's been a gallant effort.

Attack has been shocking tonight. I hope it's only first round jitters because we will go nowhere playing like this.
You are kidding young guy's look at the team we are against rebuilt in an off season yet we are the same rabble we were last year. Foran and the hyphen gee I can only dream about the orford days when we see this rubbish, yes the hyphens first game but foran has failed to deliver any of his early promise.
[/quote]

I stand by our defence. It's been alright. We crucified ourselves with ball in hand though.

[/quote] I give you are defence has been alright but our young guy's are not impressing me, remember this is not the Storm of years gone by they are a good honest football team and we are the same dross like we have been since we won the grand final.

You dont win premierships in round one,stop whining or move to the have a whinge forum and do it,we always start slow

ads link said:
Why does Des take away the first time half back's 5/8? Why not put one of the second rowers into the centres and give the half some help?

This post must be in jest....surely.

So what are the positives to take from the match?

Brett stewart came through unscathed and had reasonable game.

And we only lost by 12.

King on report, how ridiculous.  No way would he have been on report or even penalty if it was in general play.  I saw the same thing happen during the Easts vs Souths match but nothing happened because it was in general play.

Paul link said:
We lost our first few games in '08 if I remember correctly - lets have some perspective people. I don't think we will take out the comp but the fact is we were playing a team with a point to prove, we will win more than we lose i am sure of that.
Yeah but don't we want more than that from our team, gee win more than we lose and be happy. That sounds like something like something a Norths supporter  would say.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1299925874[/time]

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
very disappointed at that effort, not blaming the ref but he is ordinary
Trex looked disinterested
When has he looked interested not since we signed him.

I'm not worried abot the result becase our defence was good and we lost Lyon and Ballin early. DCE was solid but with the loss of Lyon couldn't form any type of combination with Foran. Glenn Stewart was great. Buhrer did well. T-rex finally realises how big he is and ran the ball strongly in the first half. Defence was pretty good in the 2nd half defending about 4 or 5 sets in a row.

Most can hold their head up but Watmough is a ****ing liabilty, he gave away a penalty which lead to a try then fropped the ball cold bringing it out which lead to another try. He's got hands like clubbed feet and the errors are continual.

The attack was sloppy, losing lyon and foran shifting out didnt help.
Kicking game was poor but im sure they will have joey working with him during the week.

Choc did  alot of good stuff but he needs to get the errors out of his game.

Discpline and defense were outstanding compared 2010

Burher, seu seu and mauro showed alot of improvement.

But better than any win was seeing brett back you forget the little things he does. he was a bit rusty but he was one of our best.

We  have something to build on this year

So on that performance who thinks we can beats Easts next weekend without Jamie Lyon & Jason King, let alone beat Newcastle & Souffs the following weeks.

It's going to be a long & unpleasant season.

Far out anyone would think we are half way through the season it is one game , as far as DCE and Foran are concerned both 20 years of age equals kids takes time. In 2010 we were lapped in the 2nd half in some games, tonight not. We are fortunate we have a team to support, i for one can't wait to get to the SFS next Sunday.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7