Littlejohn

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dicko

NRL.com and Zero Tackle are reporting Jack Littlejohn has signed with the West Tigers for 2016. Sad that he's leaving, I thought he had held his own last season when filling in for Foran and Cherry-Evans. This pretty much confirms that either Lyon, Koroisau or Ashley Taylor (if we sign him) will be the only candidates for the 5/8 position next season as I can't see Will Pearsall being thrown into the deep after coming straight from the under 20's (keeping in mind 5/8 is a tough position to transition to from the under 20's to first grade, not saying it can't be done, ie. Jack Bird, but I can't see it happening.

Thoughts?

http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/rugby-league/player-movements/
http://www.nrl.com/bennett-weighs-in-on-toovey-sacking/tabid/10874/newsid/88526/default.aspx

Last edited:
He was a decent backup but not sure he's quite up to NRL standard on a full time basis. Wish him luck at the Tigers, but I'd say he'll fill much the same role there as a backup to Brooks and Moses.

I have little faith for Little john at NRL level . Its good that we let him go and can use the money for a young gun with NRL potential

He was the potential Martin Meredith* of the 2nd decade of teh new millenium. Sad to see him go, however probably inevitable some time ago.

*A handy 5/8 back-up (circa 1979-87), for those too young to remember.

He's not young so for a half he'd want to be up for it day in day out at this point.

He was the potential Martin Meredith* of the 2nd decade of teh new millenium. Sad to see him go, however probably inevitable some time ago.

*A handy 5/8 back-up (circa 1979-87), for those too young to remember.
Tezza's Blast from the past .
Martin Meredith had a good turn of speed and a great step and was a reliable defender . If not for the great halves that we had during the time he played for our club he would have been a regular first grader IMO . Great loyal clubman

JLJ isn't a bad player, but he's not one who is good enough to land a full time NRL spot. His level seems to be NSW Cup (the SL wouldn't be a bad option).

He did an admiral job last year when filling in, but it was obvious that he was under instructions to let either DCE or Foreign lead the way.

Even with us losing Foreign next year I still don't think JLJ would have been first in line for the 5/8 spot. Hell, even with injuries this year we've used Mateo, Killer and T-Red at pivot while JLJ can't get out of NSW Cup.

Good luck to him at the Tigers.....but I can see him spending his time there still playing NSW Cup and not NRL.

He was a decent backup but not sure he's quite up to NRL standard on a full time basis. Wish him luck at the Tigers, but I'd say he'll fill much the same role there as a backup to Brooks and Moses.

He'll be in exactly the same position as Drinkwater is right now! Drinkwater has been told by Taylor that unless there is an injury to either Brooks or Moses, he won't be playing first grade! Even if Brooks or Moses are playing absolutely terrible, he still won't get a crack..... unless they get injured!

JLJ did play under Taylor in the 20's so he may get better opportunities than Drinkwater, but I doubt it! The Tigers have hyped up and invested too much into those two kids and won't drop them just to save face!
Besides I doubt Benny Elias would allow the club to relegate his nephew back to ressies!

Thurston was a premiership winner and had played more than 50 games compared to Littlejohn at the same stage of his career, Cronk had won dally m half back of the year by the same stage as littlejohns career

What about Ben Hunt?
Not every quality half has to be killing it in NRL by age 20 or 21.
In fact most of the boom youngsters never make it at all.
Littlejohn might never be an immortal but he surprised me with his running game in the TV match against Warriors, and he has always had a tremendous kicking game.
Good luck to him at the Tigers.

What about Ben Hunt?
Littlejohn might never be an immortal but he surprised me with his running game in the TV match against Warriors, and he has always had a tremendous kicking game.

His running game surprised me too! It's the 1st game he's attacked and taken the ball to the line all season!!

What about Ben Hunt?
You are comparing Littlejohn with Ben Hunt ? Friday night on the drink I presume ?

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6