List Of Manly Players Who Left The Club

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ivan Cleary did well with the Bears, the Roosters & the Warriors after leaving Manly because Manly had Mathew Ridge as goal kicker & fullback.

Dale Shearer continued playing for QLD & Australia when he left Manly for the Broncos.

bob dylan said:
manlyfan76 said:
Solomon haumono went on to the pleasure machine.

We have a winner.

It was all a beat up just to get him out of his contract with the Dogs (ironically enough), he was never pantsing her. So no winner in my book, in fact bigger loser for following the advice of Mundane

Chip and Chase said:
bob dylan said:
manlyfan76 said:
Solomon haumono went on to the pleasure machine.

We have a winner.

It was all a beat up just to get him out of his contract with the Dogs (ironically enough), he was never pantsing her. So no winner in my book, in fact bigger loser for following the advice of Mundane
Not pansting her?,aw don't tell me that, here I was thinking that the pleasure machine was something that couldn't stop you know what, I'm shattered.

Heard on the radio the other day they had a similar question about whether any player had improved after leaving the Storm. I was actually surprised at the number of players they quickly came up with.

Very few in that category for Manly, and that's even if you go way back.

Manly has had very few players that have done better since leaving and many who have done much worse. There have been very few we have regretted losing.

I fear that Hoppa Junior will be considered a loss in years to come as he is a huge talent. Lama Tasi is another that may be a future star.

We have been great at taking potential stars and turning them into big names over a long time. Our club has a culture that certainly brings the best out in its players, over many decades.

If you've never played in a Manly jersey then you don't count, i.e. OMeley, Gimp, Muir, etc. Never compare Beaver to any nuffie who only played for the northern eagles, that's disrespectful.

Anyway list of players post NE who went on to play for other NRL sides as follows, you work out whether any of these reached any level of greatness

Albert TORRENS
Phil BAILEY
Andrew KING
Ben MACDOUGALL
Nathan LONG
Luke DORN
Aaron CANNINGS
Ben WALKER
Sam HARRIS
Ian DONNELLY
Chris HICKS
Paul STEPHENSON
Kane CLEAL
Jeffrey ROBSON
Michael WITT
Travis BURNS
Matthew ORFORD
Adam CUTHBERTSON
Glenn HALL
Shane NEUMANN
Jack AFAMASAGA
Michael BANI
Jared WAEREA-HARGREAVES
Trent HODKINSON
William HOPOATE

Only 2 out of that lot.
Phil Bailey played Origin and for Australia, so that has to count.
JWH was picked for NZ while still with us. He is a regular first grader who still gets picked for Tests.

Robson did play a grand final, but is still trying cement himself as a regular first grader.

Maybe the question should be ..how many players have left that we wish we had kept? Of the players I can think of I can not name one... I think Will Hopoate could be a superstar ..but to retain him we would have destroyed a team by having to pay other much less then they are worth and losing other good players.

Some good players have left and "done good" but we had players to fill their place. I would not like to see Foran good but I get the feeling he and his manager are starting to burn the bridge!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4