List details where your tickets are for this Saturday 10th Manly v’s Cowboys at SFS

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
manlyforever08 said:
I heard ticket sales haven't been strong :(

Why am I not surprised? Its a mix of the bandwagon and the lack of travelling that occurs with a lot of Manly fans. Past experience on finals says we should get 20,000 minimum (which is more than either week 1 finals at Brookie in 07 and 08). However, past expereince of normal rounds at the SFS at better times (Sunday afternoon for example) says to me that we'll be lucky to get 10000 - 15000

I hope we get less than 20484, or whatever. Just to prove that if you want Manly to pull a crowd, they have to be at Brookie.

Jono said:
manlyforever08 said:
I heard ticket sales haven't been strong :(

Why am I not surprised? Its a mix of the bandwagon and the lack of travelling that occurs with a lot of Manly fans. Past experience on finals says we should get 20,000 minimum (which is more than either week 1 finals at Brookie in 07 and 08). However, past expereince of normal rounds at the SFS at better times (Sunday afternoon for example) says to me that we'll be lucky to get 10000 - 15000

I don't think that the 8:30pm kick off would help either.

Goose is in the papaer say ticket sales are strong and we should get at least about the same as if it were at brookie therefore justified?

Is the justification to take away suburban teams advantage and give it to one team towns?

Yeah that's what we need, the latest pax number

Just had someone e-mail me to say they had boought two tickets in bay 34...with pax number 11587/8.

A LONG way to go to be full

So 11,500+ sold so far plus the SFS members to turn up (not in the numbers) and free kids tickets that will be used on Saturday (think can say pre sales numbers around 16,000 currently. It depends on the number of members tickets being used on the night).

Add a few thousand tickets to be sold each day pre sales should be 18,000 to 20,000 (could come in better).

Also will have the walk up crowd on the Saturday ….

I think on the low side the crowd should 22,000 to 24,000 (very least).
We may get in the range 24,000 to 28,000 best case as some rough indications.

You never know with a late rush could hit the 30,000 ! (that would be a pretty good result).

Eagles Nest 08 said:
So 11,500+ sold so far plus the SFS members to turn up (not in the numbers) and free kids tickets that will be used on Saturday (think can say pre sales numbers around 16,000 currently. It depends on the number of members tickets being used on the night).

Add a few thousand tickets to be sold each day pre sales should be 18,000 to 20,000 (could come in better).

You never know with a late rush could hit the 30,000 ! (that would be a pretty good result).

If it's under 20,000 the NRL should be embarressed.

AND the Cowgirls are talking up not being at Brookvale BIG TIME!!

If it's 30,000 then all well and good, it was a bigger crowd but as I say if they get less than 20,000 they should feel like they made the wrong decision!!

If we don’t get a crowd over 20,000 it will badly reflect on the Manly club & the old thing Manly fans don’t travel over the bridge ! I’m sure will get something like over 22,000 at the very, very least.

Here is an old article from 2008 on the Manly Semi at the SFS

Mayer calls on Manly masses
16/09/2008 3:54 PM: Adam Lucius - Sportal

Manly CEO Grant Mayer has challenged the club's fans to bury the six-decade-old myth they won't travel by getting to Saturday week's preliminary final – controversially scheduled at the SFS – in huge numbers.

The Sea Eagles remain upset the game is to be played at the SFS instead of ANZ Stadium - giving potential rivals the Roosters home-ground advantage - but now want to embarrass the NRL by dominating the crowd split.

Manly will meet either the Roosters or Warriors and is urging 30,000 fans – branded reluctant travellers since the club's inception in 1947 – to get behind their bid for consecutive grand final appearances.

"It's a myth that Manly fans won't travel and this is another chance to show that," Sea Eagles CEO Grant Mayer told Sportal on Tuesday.

"Last year against the Cowboys the crowd was around 36,000 and about 30,000 of those were Manly supporters and we'd like to get that sort of figure again on Saturday week."

"We've accepted that the game is not being played at ANZ and now we want to make our opposition at the SFS feel like they are running out at Brookie."

"I don't know where this whole thing about Manly fans not travelling started but it's simply not true and I expect our fans to get there in big numbers."

Manly coach Des Hasler, who had previously labelled the NRL 'amateurish' for choosing the SFS over ANZ, added: "The NRL had made its decision over the venue and while I still don't agree with it we have accepted it and life goes on."

"The challenge is now there for our fans to dominate the crowd at the SFS and turn it into a Manly home game."

"Our fans are among the most passionate in the game and I'm sure we can get 30,000-plus out there."

NRL chief operating officer Graham Annesley is standing firm behind the decision not to play the final at the unpopular ANZ Stadium.

"We are not in the business of making amateurish decisions,'' Annesley said.

"We firmly believe that this decision has been made in the best interests of the game."

"We're prepared to make the tough decisions even though they might not be popular at times."

"We made the decision based on what's the best fit for the game."

I see that NSW government and NRL have got free public transport happening for the Tigpies vs Steelers game from all parts of Sydney.

Of course for safe Liberal seats on the northern side there is no free transport to SFS on Saturday.

Brookie4eva said:
Apparently there will a shuttle bus from Central to the ground, but it won't be free.

Its only a 20 minute walk from central to the ground...probably a good idea given the obesity epedemic in this country.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Eagles Nest 08 said:

If it's 30,000 then all well and good, it was a bigger crowd but as I say if they get less than 20,000 they should feel like they made the wrong decision!!

If its under 20,000 manly fans that live close enough and don't have a good reason for not being there should be ashamed of themselves!

Central Coast Eagle said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Eagles Nest 08 said:

If its under 20,000 manly fans that live close enough and don't have a good reason for not being there should be ashamed of themselves!

My PAX was 13,000 yesterday morning

**** it I'm starting to think road trip Tommorow night and home sunday.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2