Life is great in the Sunshine State

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mark from Brisbane said:
CC...you asked for it you got it!!

Seriously, this Queensland team isn't just a good team, it's the greatest ever in the history of SOO....and NSW are basically f***ed until the likes of Smith / Slater / Inglis / Thurston and co retire.

Ask yourself this question (now be fair dinkum when you do).....if you were picking an Australian side today, and you didn't have your Blues hat on what players from the 17 who played last night would you pick in that Australian side.

I'd pick

Gallen
Lewis
Watmough

The rest would be from Queensland.

Uata (sic) would be on one wing
Gift as a utility on the bench . . .

but that would be it. You are right, we have some real problems in positions such as props, half and 5/8. I see where our NSW Cup team was thrashed by Queensland. That doesn't bode well for future years.

Is it because NSW teams have a large percentage of New Zealand players who are ineligible to play SOO? Just a theory.

The Who said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
CC...you asked for it you got it!!

Seriously, this Queensland team isn't just a good team, it's the greatest ever in the history of SOO....and NSW are basically f***ed until the likes of Smith / Slater / Inglis / Thurston and co retire.

Ask yourself this question (now be fair dinkum when you do).....if you were picking an Australian side today, and you didn't have your Blues hat on what players from the 17 who played last night would you pick in that Australian side.

I'd pick

Gallen
Lewis
Watmough

The rest would be from Queensland.

Uata (sic) would be on one wing
Gift as a utility on the bench . . .

but that would be it. You are right, we have some real problems in positions such as props, half and 5/8. I see where our NSW Cup team was thrashed by Queensland. That doesn't bode well for future years.

Is it because NSW teams have a large percentage of New Zealand players who are ineligible to play SOO? Just a theory.

NSW U16's and NSW U18's beat the Qlders in that age group.

NSW Country will be playing the Qlders in the same age groups in the coming weeks.

If you take their top 4 or 5 players out, their team (with replacements fielded from the others available) would be no better, and probably worse than our side.

BUT

Love them or hate them you must at least concede that their top 4 or 5 are the best in their positions by a country mile.

Compare Smith to Ennis......

Compare Lockyer to Soward

Compare Thurston to Pearce

Compare Inglis to Gasnier

Compare Slater to The Count

and then compare the likes of Scott and even Seventy Cents to our crew.

There's just no comparison, put them all together and you don't just have a team of Champions you have a Champion team.

Our turn will come, we just have to be patient (which when you live in this joint is bloody hard)...oh well one day!!

I reckon if this was a year where two games were played in Sydney, NSW would have went close to winning the series.

Mark from Brisbane said:
If you take their top 4 or 5 players out, their team (with replacements fielded from the others available) would be no better, and probably worse than our side.

BUT

Love them or hate them you must at least concede that their top 4 or 5 are the best in their positions by a country mile.

There's just no comparison, put them all together and you don't just have a team of Champions you have a Champion team.

Our turn will come, we just have to be patient (which when you live in this joint is bloody hard)...oh well one day!!

Mark I reckon the Qld team will change big time next year. Obviously no Locky, but I would be putting the likes of Petro, Harrison and Parker out to pasture if I was big Mal. You could have as many a 6 changes for Game 1 next year.

I've always said that if Ennis is the best you've got, you're in trouble. Average player, below average human being.

Why the hell would you put petro out to pasture? Just because of his age?

I would have given Petrol the mom last night. He was awesome and it was Stuart who decided that size didn't matter. More fool him.

CLIT COMMANDER said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

BUT

Mark I reckon the Qld team will change big time next year. Obviously no Locky, but I would be putting the likes of Petro, Harrison and Parker out to pasture if I was big Mal. You could have as many a 6 changes for Game 1 next year.

I've always said that if Ennis is the best you've got, you're in trouble. Average player, below average human being.

Bit harsh on Harrison, CC? I would think he would do well coming off the bench as a ball playing back rower. Dallas Johnson should be your lock though, hard as nails that bloke. I was very surprised he didn't get a look-in for games 2 or 3.

The spine for NSW should look a lot different next year. Stewart to fullback is a must & I'm tipping Mullen to step up into the #7 - he has more talent in his pinky finger than Pearce has in his entire body, Bennett will bring out the best in him.

Don't entirely agree with you on Ennis as I'm a fan of his work but Farah should get a crack at the NSW #9. Despise the bloke but he is a brilliant football player that didnt let us down before. One bad performance when he played injured & he is never chosen again? Not good enough.

The rest of our team should more-or-less stay the same. The backrow is stacked with talent, the only problem is picking the right combinations. Uate & Morris on the wings then Jennings & whoever steps it up next year in the centers. Prop is tricky but you would say that Gallen will hold down one side & any remaining spots will be fought over by the likes of TLL, Galloway, Mannah, King & Snowden.

After 6 straight SOO losses is it now time for NSW to sulk, take their ball and go home or should they remain magnanimous in defeat? After Queensland lost 3 straight in 2005 they declared origin footy "dead as a concept" if they didn't win in 2006.

I think Sticky is already hatching his new plan. Once again he will insist that players only get picked in their regular positions (unless there are good reasons not to) but in addition to doing away with props next year he will have no centres, just an extra half and an extra backrower.

In his quest to bring victory to the Blues he will not hesitate to ditch established thinking of the last 100 years. (and if that doesn't work then the following year he will try picking a team of all fullbacks).

1. Lewis
2. Creagh
3. Rodney
4. Watmough
5. Fulton
6. Gift
7. Bird
8. Heighington
9. Anasta
10. Scott
11. Waterhouse
12. Hall
13. Gallen

14. Laffranchi
15. M.Minichello
16. Fensom
17. Buhrer

18. Guerra

Do it Sticky.

CLIT COMMANDER said:
Ralphie said:
CLIT COMMANDER said:
Even with the obligatory hangover, it will be a good day tomorrow.

No doubt that Qld inferiority complex will be soothed for a few days anyway

Only massive superiority complex's happening up here.

We are are really starting to feel sorry for NSW now. Getting embarrassing, man.

Stop feeling sorry for us. We won't feel sorry for you guys when it happens to you. Unlike Queensland we don't turn on our state after 3 years of losses. We can handle this because we know we will always be better than you.

Ralphie said:
CLIT COMMANDER said:
Ralphie said:
CLIT COMMANDER said:
Even with the obligatory hangover, it will be a good day tomorrow.

No doubt that Qld inferiority complex will be soothed for a few days anyway

Only massive superiority complex's happening up here.

We are are really starting to feel sorry for NSW now. Getting embarrassing, man.

You're quite right, it is embarrassing. So much so that I for one think that we should just call it off next year and the year after and the year after.

No we'll call it off once we bring the shield back to Sydney

I have been in Qld all week. Sunshine is a myth and whilst disappointed in the result, my revenge is that i get to go home. Biggest problem with Qld is that it is full of Queenslanders! Up here they think people like Katter and Joyce are normal. Good place for a week holiday but the bogan factor makes Penrith fans look intelligent!!

yes great if your an Eskimo bloody cold have been here 16 years and not been so cold usually temperate climate any way to the subject 7 years ago qld could not win a game or series and the qld league and the newspapers were spruiking that soo was dying as crowds were not coming to the games anymore this was because they were not winning then the next few years they started winning the series 2-1 and all 50- 50 calls went their way and they started to rebuild and formed the emerging soo players this is what we are now seeing nsw are now starting to re build and i do believe that next year with 2 games being played in Sydney they will win all they need to do now is to get the Sydney media behind them stating soo will die using the same ploy that qld did 7 years ago and then they may get the 50-50s and start winning question why when the game 1 refs were dropped because of complaints from both teams then game 2 good refs no complaints and then game 3 the same refs for 1 get 3 maybe a conspiracy theory just my thoughts and i am still a blue and will never change:D

The solid block of stream-of-consciousness text always makes me nervous; your wheels are spinning too fast dude!

Like someone said, a truly incredible 30 mins of footy ended the contest. The good big men crushed our good little men in that time (Miles and Petero and Scott, orchestrated by smith). Some mistakes from the more inexperienced key blues players contributed (and one or two older ones) but were as much forced as unforced errors. From there it was good to see the blues display a bit of adventure and potential but the canetoads didn't exactly look too vulnerable and killed the game off dead at 60 mins or so.

Stewy's effort was great, watmough did some good things, neither got injured (I hope), so time to move on to bigger and better things.

one more thing: YOU F*****G QLD BASTARDS!

that feels better... :)

zambuck said:
yes great if your an Eskimo bloody cold have been here 16 years and not been so cold usually temperate climate any way to the subject 7 years ago qld could not win a game or series and the qld league and the newspapers were spruiking that soo was dying as crowds were not coming to the games anymore this was because they were not winning then the next few years they started winning the series 2-1 and all 50- 50 calls went their way and they started to rebuild and formed the emerging soo players this is what we are now seeing nsw are now starting to re build and i do believe that next year with 2 games being played in Sydney they will win all they need to do now is to get the Sydney media behind them stating soo will die using the same ploy that qld did 7 years ago and then they may get the 50-50s and start winning question why when the game 1 refs were dropped because of complaints from both teams then game 2 good refs no complaints and then game 3 the same refs for 1 get 3 maybe a conspiracy theory just my thoughts and i am still a blue and will never change:D

Fantastic 22nd post.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6