Life after Lyon

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
DCE will be captain-possibly even 2016. Stay tuned
Not shooting the messenger but
If they strip the captaincy from Lyon that's a bit disrespectful.
If he gave it up without being asked to or suggested he should that's a different thing, but I doubt he would of done that

I would have to say the 2016 season will be Jamie Lyons last. Talk around that Dylan Walker will replace him in the centres but who will take over as captain?
I have a feeling that Jake Turbo will be given the C for 2017 and will have it for the next 10 years. Great head on his shoulders, very quick learner, leads from the front and already well respected by the playing group.

But that's just me.

Shouldn't you be at training Jake!...

I would have to say the 2016 season will be Jamie Lyons last. Talk around that Dylan Walker will replace him in the centres but who will take over as captain?
I have a feeling that Jake Turbo will be given the C for 2017 and will have it for the next 10 years. Great head on his shoulders, very quick learner, leads from the front and already well respected by the playing group.

But that's just me.
It'll definitely be DCE imo.

What about Gutho? Maybe ZtH will have forgiven Clinton G. that time when the young fella was in the Under 10s at that game at Ferretville. That was the time the lad looked sideways at the strange fatman watching on - wide as he was tall, the girly voice, the oddly unnatural hair colour and the massive appetite for 'Four and 20' pies.

Last edited:
DCE will definitely end up as our captain in 2017 or 18, but I can't see Barrett taking that away from Killer until he retires. Killer is one of those players who seems to play better with the added pressure of the (c) next to his name.

Maybe its co-captains again?

Won't Foran be captaining us from Parramatta seeing as how he's such a great leader and all that other crap..?
Well with the level he's apparently now gone to even at this early stage of the pre season due to the superior coaching abilities of the Dalai he could be anything, in fact I would even go so far as to suggest he may even reach the dizzy heights attained by choc in his first year at the slugs, can't wait to see it.

The forwards took all the blame this year so with arguably the best forward pack in the comp to work behind next year, we'll soon see who's still up to standard.

No glen stewart too, after playing 8ish years with glenn on your outside to then be gone would take some seriius adjustment!

Killer is captain in 16 definitely, and if he plays on in 17 he will be handing it over to dce.

I wouldn't be digging his grave just yet. We had the worst go forward of any team this year and our backs almost took us to the eight. We should get a big roll on from the forwards next year. So many more attacking situations, which should produce more tries and conceding less.

Lets see what he is like behind a dominant (fingers crossed) pack before we send him to superleague..

The good thing about great footballers is that they usually know when their time is up.

I'm sure he will know what to do pretty early into next year.

Do we have a goalkicker on the horizen though?

Staff online

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7